• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Vire said:
Will those skins be a part of the season pass or is this more money to take from me?
Money to take from you. If you buy the seasons pass you get the liquid chrome set of them all though, but that's it.

They should have it so that if you get the Child's Play one you get one other free or something, just to incentivize it by giving you your choice of another actually good looking skin to complement the one you just bought for charity.

Vire

enzo_gt said:
Money to take from you. If you buy the seasons pass you get the liquid chrome set of them all though, but that's it.

They should have it so that if you get the Child's Play one you get one other free or something, just to incentivize it by giving you your choice of another actually good looking skin to complement the one you just bought for charity.
ha....ha...

Good one Epic. That's some funny shit.

Whatever, they already got enough from me from the disc itself. I'm not doing that garbage.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
-PXG- said:
Calling it now: 120 msp for each set 800 for the bundle. Even that is too high. Any higher than that...LoooooooL

you can't even get good Avatar stuff for 120 msp

240-400 a skin. 1600 for all of them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
D4Danger said:

This honestly is the most likely.

How else do you think they are going to recoup the money from that extravagant ass gold party.

CyReN

I survived Craiglists!

1zoxgsl.jpg

Letters said:
Only just now noticed amazon restocked the Limited edition! *preorders*

It's been available this entire week unless it just keeps going in and out of stock. Went ahead and placed my order just now. I originally had it pre-ordered at Gamestop because I was going to use a giftcard but I canceled it after I sold the giftcard recently because I hate Gamestop.

jIA7WAifG0foi.png

Yummy! I don't have my transfer cable anymore so it's going to take forever to move all my 360 Elite data. I might just skip the games and redownload them. I also upgraded to the newly introduced 50MB fiber internet package here @ $94 a month. Installation is setup for Tuesday morning. It is going to be a glorious day.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CyReN said:
I don't, and I don't own Gow2 anymore either. What difference does it make?

If you play before the release day, you won't get the TU, and you will lose out on all those unlocks (so says Joe Graf).

snack said:
Is the Season Pass only going to be available on the XBL Marketplace? Or will it be sold at retail stores as well?
Odds are that Gamestop will want to get in on the action and they'll sell you a code sometime soon.

equil

Anyone know if the Gears 3 DLC is going to be region restricted? Because i was never able to download any dlc for gears 2 because im currently in Germany...

see5harp

Level 100 for me was just a way to provide closure to my life with Gears 2 multiplayer. I knew if I hit 100, I'd never again have to think about how much rage I wasted expended while rolling down a set of stairs or getting downed in 2 seconds from a host hammerburst.

masterkajo

equil said:
Anyone know if the Gears 3 DLC is going to be region restricted? Because i was never able to download any dlc for gears 2 because im currently in Germany...
AFAIK, no. It is just that in Germany Gears of War was never officially sold in stores. Not even a censored version. So there is also no Marketplace content for it up.

JackEtc

overcast said:
Get it dude. As long as you know what to expect (3rd person shooter). You can go through the campaign and get used to the controls. As a gamer it won't be too difficult to get solid at.
Vire said:
Honestly, this is the most accessible Gears of War game yet. They added a casual playlist this time around for new comers to get their feet wet in addition to some more beginner friendly weapons.

The story isn't overly complex and they have a brief recap of events video in the menu as well.

This is the best co-op franchise you will ever play - so be sure to grab a buddy!
Thanks guys!
2San said:
Well in the end of the day it's a team game and Gears is at it best when played with friends. Do you have a solid crew to run with? If yes, just buy it. If no, it still worth it to think it through.
I might, not sure. Probably will at least have a co-op partner.
XxCGSxX said:
Rent Gears 1/2 and beat them, you can go through them pretty fast. Then go ahead and buy 3, I'm sure single player is going to be awesome. After you beat the single player go ahead and dive into multiplayer you'll get the hang of it.
No place around here to rent them, I'm sure I'll have fun with 3 nonetheless.

-PXG-

snack said:
Is the Season Pass only going to be available on the XBL Marketplace? Or will it be sold at retail stores as well?

You can purchase it on gamestop.com. I believe you will also be able to buy a card in-store too.

BrokenBox

D4Danger said:

I know everyone's aware they're charging for the skins, but $20 for skins seems really steep. I doubt it's that much.

CyReN

Alienshogun said:
If you play before the release day, you won't get the TU, and you will lose out on all those unlocks (so says Joe Graf).

So every reviewers and friends of the company are screwed? uh

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CyReN said:
So every reviewers and friends of the company are screwed? uh

Friends of the company? No, they will get "fixed" as I'm sure anyone who got an early copy directly from Epic will. Also, how many "high profile people" (including Epic employees) actually played the game enough to get 100? I'm betting none of them.

So either way it's a nil issue.

Proelite

snack said:
Naughty Dog Congratulates iEpic Games’ On Gears 3′s Critical Success y

So much love! Naughty Dog has always been classy. If only everyone else in the industry could do the same.
Naughty Dog are in the same elite, exclusive, and snickering club of developers that also includes Epic, Valve, Blizzard, Bungie. They sit in a different section with posh chairs at developer conferences. They're classy enough to be in a different class of the developer society.

CyReN

Alienshogun said:
Friends of the company? No, they will get "fixed" as I'm sure anyone who got an early copy directly from Epic will. Also, how many (including Epic employees) actually played the game enough to get 100? I'm betting none of them.

So either way it's a nil issue.

So what unlocks am I missing out of? Just gold?

Curufinwe

Never played a second of the first two Gears games, but the Giant bomb review and Quick Look have me really interested in Gears 3. If only it and RE 4 HD weren't going to be released on the same day. So many games, so little time.

CyReN

Alienshogun said:
All the gold starting weapons (which you can get other ways) except for the Gold gnasher, which I think you might actually get anyway, since it's still set to gold gnasher for first week play.

That guy makes the creases in my brain bleed.

Sorry to keep asking questions, do I lose anything in the title update that improves the game itself?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Proelite said:
Naughty Dog are in the same elite, exclusive, and snickering club of developers that also includes Epic, Valve, Blizzard, Bungie. They sit in a different section with posh chairs at developer conferences. They're classy enough to be in a different class of the developer society.
Naughty Dog ranks among all those other devs now just cause of UC1 and 2? Well, shit.

Outside of EA/Activision, other devs and publishers give eachother props all the time. Most devs are massive gamers and play games outside of their own, in fact the best especially: Epic, Valve, Blizzard, Bungie, and the lot.

gillFTR

duffyside said:
The article mentions Blezinski raving about Uncharted? Is there a moment they're referencing?

He's done so a couple of times, one thing I remember him talking about the cover system being really good in the first.

ZeroRay

So the IGN vid review said the campaign is 15-20 hours.

Well shit. But I'm guessing it's closer to 10 as they have a tendency to heavily exaggerate play times.

enzo_gt said:
Naughty Dog ranks among all those other devs now just cause of UC1 and 2? Well, shit.

Crash Bandicoot, brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom