• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

Repostin due to connection errors :c.

@GearsViking Rod Fergusson
@
@lasvegoz yes, leaderboards get reset on Monday, right @HammerOfWynn #Gears3

http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/114463122970001408

-PXG-

Jipan said:
And it's appreciated. Everyone here on GAF has a life outside of these forums and are incredibly busy people so people go out of their way to make sure that each OT is special in their own way. You did a good job on it no questions asked. You're were the right man for the job since you are the resident Gears fan in these boards plus I've seen your Gears devotion picture. No joke folks, -PXG- is the real deal when it comes to Gears.

GearsGAF ain't the same without Aladuf :(

dreamfall

Question for those that scored it early... When playing 4 player co-op, does each player get to pick who they want to play as? Are the four Marcus, Dom, Baird and Cole? Or can we pick new characters?

GAH! This needs to be out noooow!

dreamfall said:
Question for those that scored it early... When playing 4 player co-op, does each player get to pick who they want to play as? Are the four Marcus, Dom, Baird and Cole? Or can we pick new characters?

Character is determined by story and what player you are (player 2, 3, etc..)

-PXG-

Hmmm...

Of course we're gonna have GAF customs...but how about DRUNKEN GAF customs.

Gears n Beers? Beers of War? This game was meant to played with copious amounts of alcohol. That's how you unlock your true beast.

Anyone object?

Genesis Knight said:

I meant that the review reads like he never played any Gears before, therefore I said "like he copypasted a gears 1 review".

I wasn't referring to any actual review; my post wasn't clear enough, my bad.

-PXG- said:
Hmmm...

Gears n Beers? Beers of War? This game was meant to played with copious amounts of alcohol. That's how you unlock your true beast.

Anyone object?
I'll admit, I would probably be drunk even if we had DRY customs. :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dreamfall said:

GAH! This needs to be out noooow!

You don't.

-PXG-

This weekend is gonna be terrible. Even though I'm seeing a new girl, Gears is still on my mind. I just want this game so bad Monday is gonna be truly awful. Such a long day it will be. Fuck me.

metareferential said:
I meant that the review reads like he never played any Gears before, therefore I said "like he copypasted a gears 1 review".

I wasn't referring to any actual review; my post wasn't clear enough, my bad.

Oh, k. That would have been an awesome find Detective-GAF moment, though.

whitehawk

Banned
-PXG- said:
Hmmm...

Anyone object?
downdowndownlikeaclowndowndowndowncharliebrown

Quick question about the weapon skins... Are they all integrated into the architecture of the weapon, ala the Gold Lancer or are some of them just big, enveloping textures that ignore separate parts of the weapon?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
mickcenary said:
Quick question about the weapon skins... Are they all integrated into the architecture of the weapon, ala the Gold Lancer or are some of them just big, enveloping textures that ignore separate parts of the weapon?

Integrated.

Jhoan

-PXG- said:
GearsGAF ain't the same without Aladuf :(

I see what you mean. I vaguely remember what the Gears 2 OT was like before he cut out all the stuff. It did have a ton of information but it was extremely well done nonetheless. At least you took the torch so for what it is, it's good. Plus you're gradually adding more things to it as we get closer to the launch date and CliffyB approves. Oh and welcome back to the singles club.

If you need someone to roll with who's o.k., I'm your man and I'm on GAF Gears (1).

I don't think I'm gonna stand in line on Monday because K-Mart has an extremely sweet deal where you get a $20 coupon with the purchase of any edition plus $30 off a 12 month card. Plus I'm gonna use the $20 coupon that I got with Deus Ex as icing on the cake. I do plan on passing by after I'm done with classes to check the line out and possibly take a picture or two.

Ballistik

5 daaaayssss

Man I need a good Gears avatar.. I'd like something a little more personalized than just a random thing taken out of a screenshot though. Maybe one of the ribbons or medals? Some of those should be turned into avatars.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
-PXG- said:
Hmmm...

Anyone object?

Shit yea, i'm onboard with this

I figured this game would review well, but very surprised about the praise for the story. I never thought the prior games stories were bad - they were just simple video game stories. Seems like they expanded on that aspect alot, and it's hitting with reviewers (except that MSN guy).

MjFrancis

I actually read 80% of that review DarkChild linked to.

Silly review said:
With any luck, future instalments will leave the lame conversation behind and stimulate something other than just our adrenal glands.
What the hell else do I need stimulated when I'm playing a video game?

For fuck's sake.

Proelite

I think that I am smart, old and educated enough that I'll be extremely annoyed if a video game tries to "teach" me a lesson about humanity blah blah.

Clearly the author of that article isn't quite there yet in terms of maturity.

He is looking for the wrong things in video games, he should be reading books by the greatest philosophers of our times instead.

Grisby

Ballistik said:
5 daaaayssss

Man I need a good Gears avatar.. I'd like something a little more personalized than just a random thing taken out of a screenshot though. Maybe one of the ribbons or medals? Some of those should be turned into avatars.

Yeah, that would be neat. Or like, a shot of the lancer chainsaw or something.

-PXG- said:
Hmmm...

Anyone object?

that's how we rolled in gears1. built my friends list off gears n beers.

Jrmint

So I reserved at Best Buy today for the Baird download. The guy at the counter said the code would either be in the box or emailed to me. Can anyone confirm how this and tell me how I'll get the code?

Jrmint said:
So I reserved at Best Buy today for the Baird download. The guy at the counter said the code would either be in the box or emailed to me. Can anyone confirm how this and tell me how I'll get the code?
I reserved at BB too and the paperwork they had their said the code would be emailed on day of release.

I was actually watching an episode of Sons of Anarchy tonight and they had a commercial for Gears 3 from BB that included some gameplay footage of Mechanic Baird. He looked pretty sweet.

Is it sad that I went all the way around town to find a place that might be selling it early? Most people I asked laughed at me and told me it comes out on Tuesday. I know that, but I need it now, dammit!

:(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MjFrancis said:
I actually read 80% of that review DarkChild linked to.

What the hell else do I need stimulated when I'm playing a video game?

For fuck's sake.

Your prostate.

Come at me bro.

boredofcanada said:
Are there some kind of unlocks for playing in the first week? I recall reading something like that on xbox live today. Forgot the details.

Gold lancer and Hammerburst.

So on the pre-order list at Amazon. Gears of War 3 is a consistent best-seller:
#1 - Standard
#9 - Epic
#11 - Limited
#28 - Console
(as of this post).

Damn.

Alienshogun said:
I refuse to ever touch GoW 2 again. The last time I played it I almost smashed everything in this room.

Because it was too unbelievably epic and awesome and epic and aweasome and epic that your body couldn't handle it?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Note to self; Never EVER get a new gamertag again.

No idea of why, but midway through Halo 3 i started up a new tag. Lost all of my gears achievos. Had to get 'Don't hate the player' again, Gotta beat the campaign on Insane.. all that jazz.

It was fun playing through Gears1&2 over the last week [with the collectables guide on my laptop]. After watching some MW3 footage, i'm more or less thinking this will be my game of the holidays. The graphic upgrades, as well as new weapons enemies etc really breathe new life into my gears heart. My ModenWarfare side, though, is crying in a corner from rehashed content.

That being said; Anyone up for some Co-op?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom