• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMPSP

When I see you guys with those expensive skins on your fancy weapons I'm gonna be like DAMN, SON, YOU MUST BE ROLLING IN IT. And then I'm just going to lose in multiplayer to you on purpose, because I don't like to offend millionaires.

JambiBum

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Personally, its your money, you spend it however you like. Some people buy those weird ass sex dolls like JambiBum's avatar, other people pay a crazy ass amount for Action Comics #1, some people pay $45 bucks for weapon skins.

I'mma lol and go about my day
I just saw this post. Made me laugh pretty hard. Thanks lol.

Krakatoa

So the best thing to do is buy the regular version. Then with that spare cash you can get season pack and all the weapon skins.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Krakatoa said:
So the best thing to do is buy the regular version. Then with that spare cash you can get season pack and all the weapon skins.
But you'll miss out on the COG snot rag, a few pieces of paper, and a cool case for your game!

-PXG-

I think it's funny how the Epic forums have been down all day today. Epic knew there would be a massive shit storm over this. I think they go back up at 10 EST.

Oh man, it's going to be utter chaos over there.

Volimar said:
That was the best unboxing vid of the EE I've seen. It's really the first one that made me even want the Epic Edition.

Dignity spoiler tags

[spoilerGive me your Adam Fenix code please![/spoiler]

Dignity exposed

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
I think it's funny how the Epic forums have been down all day today. Epic knew there would be a massive shit storm over this. I think they go back up at 10 EST.

I predict massive bannings and locked threads.

Volimar said:
That was the best unboxing vid of the EE I've seen. It's really the first one that made me even want the Epic Edition.

Dignity spoiler tags

Give me your Adam Fenix code please!

I liked it too, but because I actually thought parts were a bit funny.

I subbed.

Bonus points for awesome jew fro.

Volimar

-PXG- said:

They really should have announced all this dlc crap at once and then at the very end threw in a free skin or map or something to codify them...

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Dignity exposed

My ninja is no match for your ninja...

Alienshogun said:

I subbed.

My favorite is when he played with the statue. If I were a kid, that thing would be like a shrine for my GI Joes to worship at.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Volimar said:
They really should have announced all this dlc crap at once and then at the very end threw in a free skin or map or something to codify them...

Yeah, it's funny how the stream started.

"We were gonna totally surprise the shit out of you, but since we got caught with out pants down, this is how it's gonna work."

Alienshogun said:

Joe Graf is shining up his banhammer as we speak. I already got banned from there for questioning their pricing methods.

"Date the ban will be lifted: NEVER"

Damn

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
-PXG- said:

I can totally see it too. It's almost a flashback of the 'lying ginger'.

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, it's funny how the stream started.

"We were gonna totally surprise the shit out of you, but since we got caught with out pants down, this is how it's gonna work."
Well to be fair they did get kind of fucked with the whole leaked build thing.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:

I subbed.

Yeah Alien, you better watch what you say over....oh...WAIT...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:
Well to be fair they did get kind of fucked with the whole leaked build thing.

Yeah, can't say I feel bad for them though. This entire process has been 1 decision after another from "them" that has increasingly pissed off the community. Going all the way back to IO skins jumping from Epic Edition, to console, to controller.

-PXG- said:
Yeah Alien, you better watch what you say over....oh...WAIT...

lol, no big loss. ;)

It doesn't pay to get drunk and argue with 12 year old idiots on an official forum folks. ;)

Elginer

AdamMPSP said:
When I see you guys with those expensive skins on your fancy weapons I'm gonna be like DAMN, SON, YOU MUST BE ROLLING IN IT. And then I'm just going to lose in multiplayer to you on purpose, because I don't like to offend millionaires.
Son, I laughed my ass off. I'll spend some money on these skins, a few but Cliff better hurry up that Shadow Complex 2. Ya hear Cliff?!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Alienshogun said:
It doesn't pay to get drunk and argue with 12 year old idiots on an official forum folks. ;)
It doesn't pay to call epic 'retards' for the absolutely TERRIBLE launch of gears 2.
[banned for life from epic forums]

Ramirez

Wow, someone mentioned the price in the Madden thread and I thought they were being sarcastic. Amazing. Anyone who buys these, regardless of how much money you have is a retard.

BrokenBox

I just came back from shopping... Did they actually say anything about the DLC maps? Could give a fuck about the weapon skins. My shit's gold.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
BrokenBox said:
I just came back from shopping... Did they actually say anything about the DLC maps? Could give a fuck about the weapon skins. My shit's gold.

no, nothing about maps or any new DLC.

S1kkZ

wow, didnt expect the game to be THAT good. in the last chapter now (i wont spoil anything) and all i can say is: holy shit.

-fantastic visuals. by far the best looking 360 game and one of the best looking console games.
-friendly ai is really helpfull. they kill enemies and revieve you almost every time (on hardcore).
-soundtrack is very so-so. nothing stands out (with one exeption, you will know what i mean when you hear it), everything is very generic. a huge step down from the gears 2 soundtrack (and the brilliant gears 1 ost).
-fighting the lambent is fun, didnt expect that (i expected flood like enemies).

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
BrokenBox said:
30 bucks for the season pass. That's about it.

Season pass does mean a full year, correct? I don't want to pay 30 bucks and have it last till the new year ;)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
BrokenBox said:
Thanks. What a pointless Q&A then.

it turned out that way because people broke the street date and found the "surprise"

the pricing is new info

dmg04 said:
30 bucks for the season pass. That's about it.

Season pass does mean a full year, correct? I don't want to pay 30 bucks and have it last till the new year ;)

Season pass is for the first 4 major DLC packs which EPIC have spaced out over the next year.

I don't know if it's exactly a year but you keep the DLC afterwards so it doesn't really matter. You're just pre-purchasing the first 4 pieces of DLC.

Grisby

S1kkZ said:
wow, didnt expect the game to be THAT good. in the last chapter now (i wont spoil anything) and all i can say is: holy shit.

-fantastic visuals. by far the best looking 360 game and one of the best looking console games.
-friendly ai is really helpfull. they kill enemies and revieve you almost every time (on hardcore).
-soundtrack is very so-so. nothing stands out (with one exeption, you will know what i mean when you hear it), everything is very generic. a huge step down from the gears 2 soundtrack (and the brilliant gears 1 ost).
-fighting the lambent is fun, didnt expect that (i expected flood like enemies).

Nice impressions. Kinda sucks about the soundtrack though. I'll be on the lookout for that stand out piece.

S1kkZ said:

Fuck, I can't wait...

stupei

Not to derail from the current trending topic, but:

Did anyone have luck at VGNY? When I called to ask there was a REALLY long pause before the guy said, "No, try Monday." How do you not know if you have it or you don't unless you only have a few and are holding them for regulars? Ugh, with the hours I've been working lately the weekends are some of the only real time I get to play, so this seriously blows. I don't want to wait until NEXT weekend to play. Shit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
While you guys were bitching over cosmetic skins I was busy enjoying Gears 3 campaign.

And without spoiling it, it's the shit. Oh yes it is.

Even though I'm taking my time, it's taking me a good long while as well too.

S1kkZ said:

:mad:
They were of absolutely no use to me whenever I was downed

stupei

Skilotonn said:
While you guys were bitching over cosmetic skins I was busy enjoying Gears 3 campaign.

And without spoiling it, it's the shit. Oh yes it is.

Even though I'm taking my time, it's taking me a good long while as well too.

Pretty sure the main reason people are complaining about skins is because they currently can't play the game and annoyance is the easiest way to forget desire...

You hear that, Epic? Want people to be happy with your stupid DLC, move up the release date. Ahem.

Just got in with my copy. I think I already know the answer but is this safe to play on Live? I've gotten many games before street date and have never had a problem, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

JambiBum

RiderKairuu said:
Just got in with my copy. I think I already know the answer but is this safe to play on Live? I've gotten many games before street date and have never had a problem, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
It is if you don't have the veteran gear achievement

Ballistik

RiderKairuu said:
Hm? Explain?
You'll lose unlockable weapon skins that you would of earned if you have reached level 100 in Gears 2 multiplayer. I think you're only speaking of like bans or something, and your answer is no. You're fine.

Ballistik said:
You'll lose unlockable weapon skins that you would of earned if you have reached level 100 in Gears 2 multiplayer. I think you're only speaking of like bans or something, and your answer is no. You're fine.
Oh ok thanks for that. I haven't played Gears 2 MP at all. Only Horde and Co Op so I guess I don't have to worry about that.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
D4Danger said:
Season pass is for the first 4 major DLC packs which EPIC have spaced out over the next year.

I don't know if it's exactly a year but you keep the DLC afterwards so it doesn't really matter. You're just pre-purchasing the first 4 pieces of DLC.
This DLC better be effing worth it.

If they pull some crap like '2 maps per dlc!' i'm going to fucking destroy someone.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I too second the great teammate A.I. - I'm on Hardcore, and the couple of times I got downed, they came and revived me, even when they were far away.

stupei said:
Pretty sure the main reason people are complaining about skins is because they currently can't play the game and annoyance is the easiest way to forget desire...

You hear that, Epic? Want people to be happy with your stupid DLC, move up the release date. Ahem.

That's a very valid point there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom