• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Jaguar said:
You'll be able to unlock some skins by getting certain achievements.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011...eapon-skins-characters-mutators-executions/2/
Mutators (and how to unlock them)
COMET (Easier)
Earn the gold Shock Trooper medal (for earning a certain number of First Blood ribbons)
As you roadie run, you'll build up energy, letting you ram into enemies.

INSTAGIB MELEE (Easier)
200 Wretch kills
Melee attacks explode enemies

SUPER RELOAD (Easier)
Earn the bronze Master-At-Arms medal (100 kills with each of the starting 5 weapons)
More damage and clip size for an active reload.

INFINITE AMMO (Easier)
Earn the Combat Engineer pin 100 times (worked on 5 fortifications in one deployment in Horde)
Infinite ammo for all weapons.

BIG EXPLOSIONS (Easier)
Earn the Hail Mary pin 100 times (Boomshot kill from over 200 yards away)
Bigger explosions, natch.

ENEMY REGEN (Harder)
Earn the silver Aficionado medal (for playing a certain number of chapters in Arcade mode)
Enemies will regain health over time if you don't kill them.

VAMPIRE (Harder)
Earn the Executioner pin 100 times (for having the most executions in a match)
Your health does not regenerate automatically, but you do earn health for dealing damage.

MUST ACTIVE RELOAD (Harder)
Earn the silver Active Reloader medal (for actively reloading a certain number of times)
The only way to reload is to perform an active reload.

FRIENDLY FIRE (Harder)
Complete the campaign in 4-player co-op
Teammates can cause damage to each other.

BIG HEAD (Fun)
Earn the gold Horder medal (for playing a certain number of waves in Horde)
Giant heads, "NBA Jam" style.

PINATA (Fun)
Earn the gold Investor medal (for repairing and upgrading a certain number of defenses in Horde)
Tokens drop from every kill. Picking them up earns you points.

FLOWER BLOOD (Fun)
Earn the silver King of COG medal (for earning a certain number of total points in Arcade)
All blood effects are replaced by pretty flowers.

HEADLESS CHICKEN (Fun)
Unlocked from the start
Enemies attack each other for several seconds after they lose their heads.

LAUGH TRACK (Fun)
Earn the bronze medals for Tour of Duty (Finish Campaign on Casual), For the Horde (Finish Horde on Casual), I'm A Beast (Finish Beast on Casual) and Warmonger (Finish Arcade on Casual)
Adds an audible laugh track to the game

The rest of the unlocks are pretty straight forward.

Nori Chan

pink.jpg

Deadly cute is deadly awesome

ShogunX

zychi said:
So I'm boned on getting the beta unlocks since dumbass MS banned my 5 year account. Lame.

Hmmm code of conduct all over your bio and a 297135 Gamer score? Your account reeks of a boosted gamer score so if that's the case there is only one dumbass in all of this.

If it turns out that you actually have earned every single achievement for every single game you have played on the 360 then excuse the above comment. Just a little hard to believe when somebody has pretty much a 100% completion ratio.

malfcn

Shogun PaiN said:
Hmmm code of conduct all over your bio and a 297135 Gamer score? Your account reeks of a boosted gamer score so if that's the case there is only one dumbass in all of this.

If it turns out that you actually have earned every single achievement for every single game you have played on the 360 then excuse the above comment. Just a little hard to believe when somebody has pretty much a 100% completion ratio.

Not to mention online only achievements that were unlocked offline.

zychi

Banned
Shogun PaiN said:

we boosted/glitched(my roommates and myself) not gonna deny it. theyre fake numbers anyways.

e: when the condemned 1 glitch became public a few years ago that gave one achievement for 30000 gamerscore, and ms didnt even attempt to fix it, whats the point of caring about the fake number if MS didnt?

not the reason i got banned though. got banned for the black ops hardended edition maps that were just released as dlc. downloaded the "free" moon map for having that edition, ms had an error and people, including a few "reviewers" and xna developers from another site, who apparently got banned because of the codes MS SENT them. got banned on accident. MS has a "we cant tell you what you did wrong, but here's a phone number that you can call that will run you straight back to our e-mail" policy. every person who got the automated message got it exactly one week from downloading the map.

wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it was for gamerscore boosting, which is a whole nother thread to talk about. but legit players got banned for MS' screw up.

e3: qj.net has an article, i'm not going to link it tho because i think the site talks about piracy and has meh reporting style.

e4: to be clear the reason i got banned was because of "marketplace theft"

Addnan

enzo_gt said:
Wait what?

Does this mean it's not 25x xp anymore? I thought that ran until release of Gears 3?
It is 25x xp. What I am saying is that the xp multiplier is 25x the original format of xp back from when the xp system launched.

About 10months later they made it permanent 2x.

JambiBum

enzo_gt said:
Wait what?

Does this mean it's not 25x xp anymore? I thought that ran until release of Gears 3?
No, it's still 25. They made it a permanent 2x a long time ago. The 25 is from the original xp that you would get. Not the 2x bonus.

buttonsmasher

Neo Member
Idk if it's been asked and answered yet, and I'm too lazy to browse, but were the controller skin codes mixed up with Adam Fenix codes? I have Adam Fenix, but the skins that came with the controller don't show up.. I have a regular copy of the game. :lol

dmg04 said:
So, i just scored 1016 in a gears 2 match

Why did i only get 24,100?

I thought this was a 25x EXP event?
it depends what game type you are playing. for some game types, the point/xp ratio isn't exactly 1.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Gr1mLock said:
Anyone know if 'seriously 3.0' is on the cheevos list?

They actually have 'Seriously 3.0' but it's different, it's 100GB and its for reaching level 100 and earn every Onyx medal.

JambiBum

HawksWinStanley said:
So Rod said the weapon skins would be discounted on release day. Did he mention what the discounted price would be?
Where did he say this? He said that buying all of them in one pack is cheaper than buying them all separate. I don't recall him saying that there would be a release day discount.

Also I was just going through Rods twitter and saw some interesting things. The title update for the beta and veteran gears unlocks will hit around 4 am est Monday morning. So no one will have to worry come Monday night.

There is also something for seriously 2.0. It's an in game title and medal.

Hammer24

Banned
Just finished Act1, Chapter V.
This game is fantastic. Great lighting, memorable set pieces - and good story telling.
Can´t wait to go back to it.

Finished act 2 yesterday. The game is awesome. The guys at Epic games did a fantastic job. The game is easily the best looking 360 game to date and the controls are perfect. Gears 3 seems to be much more polished than the previous games and I'm glad they improved the friendly AI.

Willeth

Someone on Reddit got their GameStop UK copy early.

So now I'm doing that excited kid on Christmas morning thing. Anyone here got theirs?

Addnan

Willeth said:
Someone on Reddit got their GameStop UK copy early.

So now I'm doing that excited kid on Christmas morning thing. Anyone here got theirs?
My friends Gamestop UK delivery turned up this morning. Going over now to play.

Willeth

Addnan said:
My friends Gamestop UK delivery turned up this morning. Going over now to play.
Hot damn. Where do you live? I'm in Cheshire - concerned the deliveries have only been able to make it to the southern folk.

Also fuck our postman for not showing up until 3pm sometimes :(

Addnan

Willeth said:
Hot damn. Where do you live? I'm in Cheshire - concerned the deliveries have only been able to make it to the southern folk.

Also fuck our postman for not showing up until 3pm sometimes :(
London.

Willeth

Ah, okay. I have a friend near me who just got his so now I guess it's just a waiting game for our slow-ass postie. He even does the other side of the street first, the dick.

Damn I must have played about 10 hours of Gears 3 MP yesterday. I feel so tired because I stayed up till 3 in the morning playing it lol.

madmackem

Game are doing a decent trade in atm, trade in a slim 250 gig 360 and get the limited ed console that comes with the game two pads and a 320 gig hdd for £99. Not bad considering the game is £40, so your paying like £60 for a new 12 month warrenty a bigger hdd and two new pads. I think i will be taking them up on this deal as my launch day slim hasnt got much if any warrenty left.

reggie

Banned
zychi said:
we boosted/glitched(my roommates and myself) not gonna deny it. theyre fake numbers anyways.

e: when the condemned 1 glitch became public a few years ago that gave one achievement for 30000 gamerscore, and ms didnt even attempt to fix it, whats the point of caring about the fake number if MS didnt?

not the reason i got banned though. got banned for the black ops hardended edition maps that were just released as dlc. downloaded the "free" moon map for having that edition, ms had an error and people, including a few "reviewers" and xna developers from another site, who apparently got banned because of the codes MS SENT them. got banned on accident. MS has a "we cant tell you what you did wrong, but here's a phone number that you can call that will run you straight back to our e-mail" policy. every person who got the automated message got it exactly one week from downloading the map.

wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it was for gamerscore boosting, which is a whole nother thread to talk about. but legit players got banned for MS' screw up.

e3: qj.net has an article, i'm not going to link it tho because i think the site talks about piracy and has meh reporting style.

e4: to be clear the reason i got banned was because of "marketplace theft"

I like how you pretend they're just 'fake numbers' yet you cared enough cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom