• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
I can borrow her in the mean time. I'll keep her warm for you.

She will be busy taking care of our 2 year old, haha.

Infamous Chris said:
At least you can say that. Mine is almost 7 months preg. I hardly get alone time. :(

I've got a good one. We've been together since 1999, married since 2003 and she stuck with me through two war deployments. She knows games are important to me and when to leave me to my devices.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
She will be busy taking care of our 2 year old, haha.

I've got a good one. We've been together since 1999, married since 2003 and she stuck with me through two war deployments. She knows games are important to me and when to leave me to my devices.

I didn't know you had a kid.

Dug

Banned
Not exactly Gears 3 related: In Gears 2 is there a way to see how far you got on Horde on a specific map? War Journal is not very specific...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
mickcenary said:
Yep. All of the Team skins (Pulse, Distress & Metal) are totally bought. They're fReSh.

The only animated skins I would go for are the IO skin and Onyx because they are more subdued than the others. It doesn't hurt they are free either. The others just seem tacky as hell.

The team metal one is pretty cool, but if I'm gonna buy a skin it's going to be a green one (Jungle or the Xbox one when it's available).

Ballistik

mickcenary said:
Yep. All of the Team skins (Pulse, Distress & Metal) are totally bought. They're fReSh.
Same here. Especially since they do change color depending on what team you're on. 2 for the price of 1 ;o

Resilient

14 hours to go! Not long now at all..can't wait!

It's gonna be sad being unable to play 9 rounds Warzone like the good old Gears 1 days, but i think I'll manage just fine. I have some fond Gears memories, I hope this game does em justice :D

Ballistik

bluebird said:

It's gonna be sad being unable to play 9 rounds Warzone like the good old Gears 1 days, but i think I'll manage just fine. I have some fond Gears memories, I hope this game does em justice :D
Yeah.. I remember always searching for Execution or Warzone matches between 7-9 rounds in Gears 1. Private chat to get friends in the game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They should have a skin for all the kids who come out of casual mode and into the regular mode with the rest of us. It can be a toilet, so they are prepared to get shit on.

-PXG-

Gonna hop on Gears 2 very soon. Haven't been on all day.

Ballistik, if you're not already, get one, so we can be bored together.

Pistols only ;)

Alienshogun said:
They should have a skin for all the kids who come out of casual mode and into the regular mode with the rest of us. It can be a toilet, so they are prepared to get shit on.

Wow..

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
Gonna hop on Gears 2 very soon. Haven't been on all day.

Ballistik, if you're not already, get one, so we can be bored together.
I haven't been on at all today, so sure. Give me half an hour.

The Xtortionist said:
Hey (player we don't know), go to Locust!

memories : D
And then when dudes wouldn't move and I couldn't get my friend on my team, we would try to move to one side in a synchronized fashion because it would glitch and let both of us on one side if we moved at the same time, leaving the waiting lobby unbalanced. :D

Full Recovery said:
I still like the chrome skins the best.

+ they're free

Actually, yeah, the Chromies are rad. Are they unlockables?

The best ones are those that don't envelope the whole gun, i.e. the liquid metal skins; they look tacky. The ones that leave certain compartments as the original metal generally look awesome.

-PXG-

For those of you who I'm trading with, I'll have your codes sent to you via PM a little bit after midnight (EST). Thanks in advance for the trades :)

malfcn

-PXG- said:
For those of you who I'm trading with, I'll have your codes sent to you via PM a little bit after midnight (EST). Thanks in advance for the trades :)

What all are you trading, and do you know that the pre-order stuff isn't going to be in the Season pass?

Does the Pass only get you the Liquid now? or can you use the skins too?

Xbox skin looks nice, it's bold and jelly like.

The more classic skins like jungle digital are things I have seen so often in other games, not something I would even think about spending money on.

I still like the chrome look, the chrome hammerburst in the beta was cool

-PXG-

malfcn said:
What all are you trading, and do you know that the pre-order stuff isn't going to be in the Season pass?

Does the Pass only get you the Liquid now? or can you use the skins too?

- No word as to when/ how retail "exclusives" will be made widely available
- Read the OP. If it's not an explicit yes, then take it as a no.

unomas

Banned
bluebird said:

9 rounds? We did 20 on the regular on Raven Down. I spent sooooo many hours on Raven Down in Gears 1 to get seriously. Loved that damn map.

malfcn

unomas said:
9 rounds? We did 20 on the regular on Raven Down. I spent sooooo many hours on Raven Down in Gears 1 to get seriously. Loved that damn map.

19 on Raven Down for a month for my Seriously 1.0

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
I won't be until I unlock the Hoff. I'll switch between him and Onyx guard for COG and Savage Kantus/miner for Locust.
See, I can't even decide yet. I'm trying to knock out the Battle Mistress medal first at least, and then I can settle in and pick someone more permanent, so for now I'm rocking Sam and Myrrah - although Sam'll get dropped for Civilian Anya pretty sharpish after she's unlocked.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
See, I can't even decide yet. I'm trying to knock out the Battle Mistress medal first at least, and then I can settle in and pick someone more permanent, so for now I'm rocking Sam and Myrrah - although Sam'll get dropped for Civilian Anya pretty sharpish after she's unlocked.

I'll probably just set a custom game to 1 min round 1 round match with the women to burn through that one.

I don't like being forced to use a skin I don't want for unlocks.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
I'll probably just set a custom game to 1 min round 1 round match with the women to burn through that one.

I don't like being forced to use a skin I don't want for unlocks.
Meh, using the skin bothers me less than grinding through games with no meaning. I just wish there was a different female Locust - I'm already starting to hear Myrrah repeat lines way too often because I'm in matches with people who've had the same idea.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow some of those camos look great. Ones I like out of em all:

Gold
Liquid Green/Xbox
Chrome
Gold Omen
Child's Play
Electric
Imulsion
Thunderstorm
Oil Slick
Ocean
Team Pulse COG
Team Metal COG

All look great. Few that weren't shown (Team Pulse Locust) probably look awesome too. Onyx is disappointing given the requirements to get it.

tuxor

Neo Member
Is Gears 2 any good? I liked the first one but never picked the second one up, and with the third coming out I feel an urge to complete the trilogy. Worth playing or should I just wiki the plot?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
tuxor said:
Is Gears 2 any good? I liked the first one but never picked the second one up, and with the third coming out I feel an urge to complete the trilogy. Worth playing or should I just wiki the plot?

Wiki the plot.

tuxor said:

The campaign is worth playing imo

malfcn

Wanting to see how big our release is. For MW2 there were real Hummers and spotlights. My Gamestop is on Ohio State Campus.

krpiper

So my Live account got phished and some moron charged $70of microsoft points to my account so my account is locked and under review :(

I also had to get a new debit card so I had to cancel my Amazon order (I'll go and pay for it via cash/check)'

Even thought my main account is under review can I just make a trial month on the xbox its self (I dont think I've hit 5) or do I still need a debit card for that

Grisby

tuxor said:

I would play it if I were you, if not now then somewheres down the road. It's a great sp campaign.

Ballistik said:
Yeah.. I remember always searching for Execution or Warzone matches between 7-9 rounds in Gears 1. Private chat to get friends in the game.
I missed my 17-19 rounds Raven Down matches since Gears 2 came out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom