• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Had my first good game in three days! Aaaaand gears 2 matchmaking then places me in limbo. Forever stuck watching the game say 'Connecting' :(

GG Barrow Roll. That was a fun first GAF game.

dmg04 said:
Had my first good game in three days! Aaaaand gears 2 matchmaking then places me in limbo. Forever stuck watching the game say 'Connecting' :(

GG Barrow Roll. That was a fun first GAF game.
Haha, it was for you. God damn I'm rusty. This game also feels so bad after playing the Beta. GG nonetheless.

Volimar

polyh3dron said:
Is the LE Gamestop exclusive? Amazon only offered the standard and epic editions.

A lot of places ran out of the Limited Edition. They seem to go in and out of stock a lot, so check back often if you're set on a certain retailer.

eastmen

Banned
omnomis said:
This isn't like Microsoft got hacked by 4Chan and leaked millions of passwords. I don't see how it's their fault, just unlucky.

THe problem is that I can't use my account for a month. Its locked. I don't see why its locked . Its just BS . Not only was a I robbed but now I'm punished again because i can't acess any of the services i ike to use.

ResidentDante said:
Patch arrived yesterday, said it reset all my savegames. Glad I didn't play the singleplayer before release!

Yeah, an Epic dev tweeted about TU1 corrupting save files.

I suggest copying your saves before you update so you won't lose 'em.

likedamaster said:
Yeah, an Epic dev tweeted about TU1 corrupting save files.

I suggest copying your saves before you update so you won't lose 'em.
I got the the game the 10th, but I only took a quick look at the beginning of the singleplayer game because I plan on playing it 4 player coop with some friends. I lost that first checkpoint, but that doesn't matter. All my multiplayer stats and info are fine though :)

sam27368

Banned
There doesn't appear to be a bonus disc with the collectors, does this mean that the making of documentaries are on the disc? Or are there none at all?

FStop7

Banned
I wonder if that guy is smacking himself on the forehead for showing the DLC code on Youtube or if he really didn't care.

legbone

Hawk269 said:
I never finished Gears 2. I started 2 days ago and am on the last chapter, section "Free Parking". I have Free Parking and 1 other section and I will be done. Not sure I never finished back then, but I didnt and right now I am loving it. I tend to do this alot with big games...I don't beat them initially for various reasons, but usually go back to them. Did the same with the original Halo...had the game for 2 1/2 years before i beat it and then told myself I should of beat it initially.

With all the reports of Gears 3 being the best SP of the 3 has me excited as I thought Gears 1 was really good and so far I am really enjoying 2.

For those playing already would you say that Gears 3 visually is alot better than Gears 2? I think Gears 2 looks fantastic.

i have a tendency to do this also. just finished both gears 1 and resistance 1 today. started both resistance 2 and gears 2 afterwards. gears 2 is so much better than 1. too bad i can't say the same for resistance. anyway, plan on wrapping both up by next weekend and starting the third of each series. gonna be hard not to finish gears 2 then start 3 without finishing resistance 2 first. ah shit, who am i kidding, i will finish this trilogy before even touching resistance 2 again. gears 1 was lots of fun and so far 2 is much better. i like the story in resistance better at this moment but the gameplay in gears beats the shit out of resistance. hopefully amazon ships my gears 3 LE tomorrow. hell, i may end up trying to wrap up gears 2 by the time it gets here tuesday. anyone remember how long gears 2 is? i am playing on normal if that makes a difference.

Addnan

Date Time Location Tracking Event
19-09-2011 07:00 National Hub Received and processed

My Epic Edition has made progress, I need it now ;_;

OK fuck it, workload or not I'm in. Just preordered for release day delivery.

Guess I'll find time to save the world somehow. Good reason to dust off the 360 too.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
NullPointer said:
OK fuck it, workload or not I'm in. Just preordered for release day delivery.

Guess I'll find time to save the world somehow. Good reason to dust off the 360 too.
Amazon?

gunna use that 20$ credit towards some random game?

I wonder if that credit works towards MS points...

edit; 24 hours and 18 minutes to go. Just loaded up on points to get the season pass.

dmg04 said:
Amazon?

gunna use that 20$ credit towards some random game?

I wonder if that credit works towards MS points...
Yup. Pretty sure that Amazon credit is useful for just about anything, so I'll probably use it for MP3s, Zune videos or Halo:CE Anniversary.

I'm going to try to stay up as late as I can tonight so I can sleep most of the day tomorrow. That way I can stay up all night for Gears 3. :)

Oh jeez, 23 more hours for me!

Gowans

Cant believe I have all of tomorrow off work AND been set free of all boyfriend and fatherly duties for the who day to play Gears all day! :)

I am paying for it today tho :(

NullPointer said:
Yup. Pretty sure that Amazon credit is useful for just about anything, so I'll probably use it for MP3s, Zune videos or Halo:CE Anniversary.

I'm definitely using it towards Halo: Anniversary. $19.99!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
FateBreaker said:
I'm definitely using it towards Halo: Anniversary. $19.99!
Lol, paying 19.99 for a 10 year old game has never felt so good ;)

Damnation sold it for me, from the start. I miss the hell out of that map.

And man, i'm glad they're bringing back clocktower.

Gowans007 said:
Cant believe I have all of tomorrow off work AND been set free of all boyfriend and fatherly duties for the who day to play Gears all day! :)

I am paying for it today tho :(

I've just had 2 weeks off of work because I messed up my ankle, and I'm going back.... Tuesday.

Bad timing!

Ningo

Last week of uni before mid semester break, only have to go to a tute on wed morning.

Sweet. But work for my parents part time from a home office so gaming during the day is a no go. :(

Addnan

Standard edition just came in the mail :D

0b02cf22.jpg

Epic Edition should be here tomorrow.

Potentially stupid question but if the servers are dedicated rather than being reliant on player connection am I going to be able to play online with less than a meg connection?

I badly want to play this but the internet at the house im staying at is horrendous..

Addnan

Johnlenham said:
Potentially stupid question but if the servers are dedicated rather than being reliant on player connection am I going to be able to play online with less than a meg connection?

I badly want to play this but the internet at the house im staying at is horrendous..
I don't see why it wouldn't let you.

Has anyone had wierd lag moments when online?

For the most part its steady, but every now and then i get flashbacks to the gears 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom