• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

MiHo went insane. Tart's rerun again lmao. Plus, Hu Tao. Yay. My wishes (all 10 of them lol) are safe !
What's wrong with these people, geez. I'm going to have to wait a full year just to get my flippin' goat? This pisses me off more than the anni. Unbelievable. I hope there's more riots. This could honestly kill the game if you ask me.

BlackM1st

Banned
Sacred Sakura lvl 40 to unlock the Inazuma style layout?

Search for chests on the New island to unlock new furniture?

What.Da.Fuck.

Why in the fuck are they running Childe again? THIRD time but characters like Albedo, Ganyu, Xiao have all only had one run still. I guess theyre saving Ganyu for when the game is nearly dead to bring people back.

At least that new character is on the Hu Tao banner and I think that banner is next?? Jesus they could at least make the banners 2 weeks instead of 3. That means its a minimum of like 50 days from now until any other characters.

Edit: NOPE apparently Childe gets his 3rd rerun next. Disgusting.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Hu Tao banner and I think that banner is next??
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

hnUUCpv.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
^ Fuck

I need to take a break from this game anyway.
Yeah, but you can't. LVL40 Sakura tree man. Need to raise the damn thing level lmao

Seriously tho, what an idiotic decision. And speaking of the idiotic decisions there's a handful of them and I'm too annoyed to even speak about them hah

This stream can be summarized like:

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

I was gonna watch the concert, but I'm completely soured on the game now. I didn't see the full stream but people are not looking happy, so there's probably no content and another Childe re-run. I just can't believe it. Sure let's put this unpopular guy on the banner again for three weeks, that'll make the players happy. They're just completely detached from their playerbase. I hope they're still reading this forum. What a bunch of incompetents at MHY.

the lord of the rings GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
They're just completely detached from their playerbase.
Well, they closed the comments lmao

But I think something is not right with the banners, because there's no way they don't know/don't see the numbers. Tart failed both times and why MiHo is so hell bent on putting him on his 3rd run is beyond me.

Maybe they think that after Baal's success people doesn't have enough money/primogems left?

Nah man just let it all out dude.
Lmao, I'd rather not.

I just say that usually I don't care about such stuff too much, but making us explore damn islands just to unlock the teapot layout is setting very bad precedent when even the overworld exploration would feel like a damn job lol

I explored only 1st island, it's on 90% I think. Why they're pushing people to go through the content faster instead of letting them explore on their own pace? Same happened times and times again, remember how they released Inazuma and setup an event where you're basically forced to go to all islands at once without any good reason to?

MiHo seriously doesn't understand the concept of exploration on slower/own pace.

Or maybe it's us who's out of touch and their numbers show that most people doesn't really care about such stuff?

Reactions: Fuz

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Or maybe it's us who's out of touch and their numbers show that most people doesn't really care about such stuff?
I think it's more since China is cracking down on the time you are allowed to play online games over there they have a model designed to get you through everything very quickly.

BlackM1st

Banned

Hm. Looks like we are not getting that paper samurai as a pet. Laaaaame. Pretty weak patch overall.

Concert for those who care.

YukiOnna

Huh there really isn't much to 2.2 outside of the new Island and Childe/Xinyan event. Seems like a fill in patch till Yae/Ayato/Itto whoever is 2.3.

I'm happy about the new instrument though.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, but you can't. LVL40 Sakura tree man. Need to raise the damn thing level lmao

Seriously tho, what an idiotic decision. And speaking of the idiotic decisions there's a handful of them and I'm too annoyed to even speak about them hah

This stream can be summarized like:

Confused Liam Neeson GIF
The worst thing for me is that reddit is happy. Both with anniversary rewards (bought with a piece of furniture lol) and all the rest. My criticism of the fuckup got downvoted to hell lol.

To be honest, call me a conspiracy theorist, seeing all the new 5 star reviews on the google play store, and all the downvotes to people who criticized the anniversary... I think mihoyo's new PR went in full force to silence the revolt.

BlackM1st

Banned
The worst thing for me is that reddit is happy. Both with anniversary rewards (bought with a piece of furniture lol) and all the rest. My criticism of the fuckup got downvoted to hell lol.

Naturally. Money talks and you should stay silent 🤫

To be honest, call me a conspiracy theorist, seeing all the new 5 star reviews on the google play store, and all the downvotes to people who criticized the anniversary... I think mihoyo's new PR went in full force to silence the revolt.
Nah, it's pretty obvious that MiHo went full on damage control.

Bruh just give me a damn shamisen it's the Japan Region...
Japan Sunglasses GIF

Real Godzilla when?

BTW I was so excited to hear "the 1 last thing" being the new COLLAB ... and it's the damn "GAMER" chairs 💺 from Razer lol

I swear, Mihoyo's collabs for GI never seize to amaze me...

pokemon what GIF

Fake

Gold Member
You been watching this CN VA drama? I guess the voice actor for Oz in CN is in the process of getting cancelled for using his fame to bang a bunch of fans, lol.

Wait, what? Canceling him because of this?

Last edited:

Saber

At this point I'm expecting MHY to do exactly the opposite of what is logical and desirable. But maybe I'm just out of touch. I see all the up votes on the YT videos, so either most people are happy or they're doing full-on damage control like Fuz Fuz said.

From their perspective, the outrage is ceased because "people already got what they wanted"(aka you got your rewards, you have no reason to be mad), even though everything they sent was from a paid bundle and clearly a result of backlash(damage control).

Seems like the guessing was pretty on spot. Damage control by giving freebies, making the fanbase thinking that the lack of rewards was the real reason.

We even got some retards here saying people had no reason to be mad, because its free. Thats the line of thinking they want people to keep parroting.

As for me I gotta a real bet to do. By the time this game fall they still won't be bothering fixing Xynian.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Many players I feel are blind to the reality and will shill for MHY and their increasing amount of surfboard waifus with can finish new content in a day 6 week updates.

MHY only understands money and doesn't so much as care for genuine player feedback. They only gave us the DC rewards because of their ratings.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
We even got some retards here saying people had no reason to be mad, because its free. Thats the line of thinking they want people to parroting.

Many players I feel are blind to the reality and will shill for MHY and their increasing amount of surfboard waifus with can finish new content in a day 6 week updates.

" my ❤ corporation can't be this cute"

page remains GIF

As for me I gotta a real bet to do. By the time this game fall they still won't be bothering fixing Xynian.
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Saber

Xynian, the girl they will give you free on the event.
But I'm pretty sure at this point they didn't forget about her. They just don't give a single fuck, thats different.

Also, I have a full house constelation Xynian.

c6 sucks.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Xinyan. Rockstar girl. No one will care because she is gimped and generates low revenue.

Besides she will always be overshadowed by Jean and Noelle for tanks.

Pejo

Man who the fuck is picking these hangout events. I don't want to hang out with Thoma or Sayu.
Xynian, the girl they will give you free on the event.
But I'm pretty sure at this point they didn't forget about her. They just don't give a single fuck, thats different.

Also, I have a full house constelation Xynian.

c6 sucks.
Did anybody else catch that during moonchase, Xinyan got her first introduction in the game despite being in for like 10 months?

Also, bonus fact, in English at least, her introduction paragraph (which was like 4 sentences) had a major typo right at the beginning. They REALLY don't give a shit about her lol.

Last edited:

Saber

Xinyan. Rockstar girl. No one will care because she is gimped and generates low revenue.

Besides she will always be overshadowed by Jean and Noelle for tanks.

Shes overshadowed by basically everyone.
-A shield that only gets better if you hit more(bugged).
-It also scales DEF, an useless attribute for her.
-An ult that is not enought to break shields or cause substantial elemental reaction
- Because of the bug, you can only utilizes her shield max potential with constelation(after getting you sense an immense difference)

Pejo

Shes overshadowed by basically everyone.
-A shield that only gets better if you hit more(bugged).
-It also scales DEF, an useless attribute for her.
-An ult that is not enought to break shields or cause substantial elemental reaction
- Because of the bug, you can only utilizes her shield max potential with constelation(after getting you sense an immense difference)
The thing that pisses me off is that she gives various bonuses for physical damage despite her attack and combo animation being absolutely horrendous, and her not having any place in a physical based team because she's pyro instead of either Electro or Cryo.

I'd like to find the guy that designed her kit and make him explain what he was thinking.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't think she should have been given out for free unless they are giving you 3-4 other options like they did for that Lantern festival.

I think there are other characters that people prefer more and would spend money on them. As it stands Xinyan isn't a character many would spend wishes on.

But you do see if people don't like a 5* they will go on to state changes they are making but only after the purchase window is over and you have to wait a year for a rerun.

Saber

The thing that pisses me off is that she gives various bonuses for physical damage despite her attack and combo animation being absolutely horrendous, and her not having any place in a physical based team because she's pyro instead of either Electro or Cryo.

I'd like to find the guy that designed her kit and make him explain what he was thinking.

I think this could be simply fixed:
- Take away the shield hiting target condition
- Make her shield 3 lvl effect be permanent activated once you activate the shield and be 2 separated effects(meaning if the shields wears off, the pyro wave remains)
- Remove the physical part of her ult, only makes it deals pyro Dot and rebalance damage to compesate
- Make her shield scalates with her ATK

Pejo

I think this could be simply fixed:
- Take away the shield hiting target condition
- Make her shield 3 lvl effect be permanent activated once you activate the shield and be 2 separated effects(meaning if the shields wears off, the pyro wave remains)
- Remove the physical part of her ult, only makes it deals pyro Dot and rebalance damage to compesate
- Make her shield scalates with her ATK
Yep there's lots of ways to fix her kit, but MHY will do none of it. They already did fix Xinyan, it's called Thoma. His kit is way more synergistic, he has a better shield, applies pyro better. He's like a mini-zhongli

Xinyan being given for free is a further acknowledgement that she's old news, past her prime, and being put to rest.

Pejo

So I just watched the 2.2 special program. If it wasn't for the last Inazuma island, their statement in 2.0 of "no more filler patches" could be questioned. I'm already bored of 2.2 and it's not even here yet. There are some really puzzling decisions made here, so we'll see how it pans out for them I guess.

Just some thoughts:
  • New enemies giving Corrosion, lmao. Healer meta inbound, dust off your Qiqis.
  • They must have been told to dial back the squealing and giggling. I thought that the few forced laugh bits were a lot more infrequent and less offensive. Good change overall - more information and less cringe.
  • The events all seem terrible this time around. All things we've seen before, the combat events are just more ways to neuteur/buff your character, and that regenerating ruin grader thing sounds like a juggling act, but not in a fun way. The combat-only events in this game are generally really poorly thought out. Wish they'd just bring back Dusty Realm, it was the best one we've ever had for combat events IMO.
  • Not sure how I feel about the Sakura tree and chests unlocking the Inazuma furniture/realm stuff. Also, I'm bummed that the Inazuma realm is another one of the fixed time of day realms like the floating Liyue one. How hard would it have been for them to have the "sunset" mode and then a "moon" mode where it changes to night with a blue theme (like the new island even).
  • Banner reruns are a big head scratcher. It makes me feel ok about wasting wishes on Kokomi, since I won't be rolling at all 2.2, and likely 2.3 either if the reruns of Ganyu/Albedo ends up happening as rumored. I have some interest in Thoma for his "Xinyan but better" kit, but I'm sure he'll show up sooner or later off of future banner pulls.
  • Not a word about the anni or communication issue, but that was mostly expected considering this was likely recorded weeks ago.
  • Not really happy with this patch overall. There's the new island and that's the only thing I'm excited to experience.

BlackM1st

Banned
They must have been told to dial back the squealing and giggling. I thought that the few forced laugh bits were a lot more infrequent and less offensive. Good change overall - more information and less cringe.
Word. No more squealing pigs. They also cut the number of hosts back to normal.

Not a word about the anni or communication issue, but that was mostly expected considering this was likely recorded weeks ago

I wonder if they will ever acknowledge it lol

Pejo

Concert was gud. Nice they confirmed a continuation at the end.
I need some of those domain arranges in the game...
I'm watching it now, this is really good. I forgot how good the Mondstadt music was. It's almost nostalgic.

Word. No more squealing pigs. They also cut the number of hosts back to normal.

I wonder if they will ever acknowledge it lol
Probably not. Most of reddit has moved on by now, without a big social media stink, they have no reason to say anything. It was a fun anniversary regardless, mostly for watching the community shit itself, and the review bombing. The actual in-game anni was one of the worst I've ever experienced in a gacha game. Curious to see how they handle next year's.
Wait is there only one Inazuma Housing Domain being released?
Yep, we get the eternal sunset theme one, unless they have a big surprise for Sakura lv 50 or something. Truthfully, they could have done a theme for each of the distinct islands like Seirai/Watatsumi/the new one.
DEF sucks.
Word. If everything wasn't a race against time, it might not be so bad, but well...

YukiOnna

I'm watching it now, this is really good. I forgot how good the Mondstadt music was. It's almost nostalgic.

Yep, we get the eternal sunset theme one, unless they have a big surprise for Sakura lv 50 or something. Truthfully, they could have done a theme for each of the distinct islands like Seirai/Watatsumi/the new one.
Once you get to them the boss theme arrange and Mond/Liyue character arranges are great.

Man, that sucks. I like how it looks but I thought they were going to give 3 sets so we had different options. This one would have looked better if it had a night transition with that stylized skybox.

BlackM1st

Banned
Curious to see how they handle next year's.
If Ubisoft, Square , Sega etc. isn't gonna try to jump on that bandwagon I'm pretty sure we can expect another 4 mails and the new set of wings xD

I like how it looks but I thought they were going to give 3 sets so we had different options.

Sakura 120 lvl here we go!

Man, I'm at 18 lvl lmao, Inazuma domain is ain't happening xD

Most of reddit has moved on by now
Or enough bots were bought to downvote negative reactions haha Seriously speaking tho it's kinda sad to see when people act like the damn sheep 🐑 and scream about how MiHo did nothing wrong. That blind faith reminds me some kind of a cult lol Also this:

page remains GIF

Top Bottom