• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
For Kaz, I think ER is a necessity.
Not if you use Amenoma Kageuchi.
D8TTC.gif

Saber

ER for Kazuha? I use Festering Desire which gives increased damage and CRIT for skill. Its works like a dream for him. Max Skill and Burst and be happy.

Fake

Gold Member
West can burn.

Nice artwork, but looks pretty tame. Shame because of all the girls Dehya is such a pose potential.

Pejo

There's leaks going around that Natlan is going to revolve around necromancy.

Honestly, there's a lot of cool possibilities with that, I wouldn't hate it.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo Have you tried the new zones? I think they're fantastic. I adore The Grand Sea and all the isles with the Conan-like destroyed building, and the ocean is pretty cool too. Sure, going up and down on the ocean to get the POIs is kind of annoying, but nothing major.
Really cool update.
Story is shit though.

Fuz

Banned
There's leaks going around that Natlan is going to revolve around necromancy.

Honestly, there's a lot of cool possibilities with that, I wouldn't hate it.
Iansan_Portrait.png

Is it because she has as kull on her head? A bit far fetched if so.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo Have you tried the new zones? I think they're fantastic. I adore The Grand Sea and all the isles with the Conan-like destroyed building, and the ocean is pretty cool too. Sure, going up and down on the ocean to get the POIs is kind of annoying, but nothing major.
Really cool update.
Story is shit though.
I quit 2 days after 2.4 came out. I got so frustrated with the damn game and asked "why am I still playing this?" I didn't hate my time with it, but the devs (and Tencent's monetization bullshit) was too much for me. The lag for all of the new areas on my server was the last straw.

Fuz

Banned
I quit 2 days after 2.4 came out. I got so frustrated with the damn game and asked "why am I still playing this?" I didn't hate my time with it, but the devs (and Tencent's monetization bullshit) was too much for me. The lag for all of the new areas on my server was the last straw.
My server is EU's most populated. Lag was insane... until today's maintenance. They actually fixed it.
"why am I still playing this?"
Man, I keep asking myself the same question about both ToF and GI.

Pejo

My server is EU's most populated. Lag was insane... until today's maintenance. They actually fixed it.

Man, I keep asking myself the same question about both ToF and GI.
At the end of the day I weighed between the two of them. Genshin has superior story and worldbuilding, more consistent power level, 100000% less bugs, and everything is just much higher quality. I'm sure it helps that they have multiple billions of dollars to help with that.

ToF had better combat and I liked some of the character designs better. Their stories were shit, the PoI farming was annoying and unrewarding as of 2.0, they put all of their "freebies" behind awful fucking """"events"""" and in-game Gachapon machines (RNG beyond RNG beyond RNG), the 23978423978423 bugs and server lag and multiplayer lag and shit multiplayer content, etc. The biggest downfall of ToF though was the powercreep. It's not even that I care about being #1 in leaderboards or whatever, but when you group up with whales, the amount of difference between performance was insurmountable. Like for every 1 million damage I did, they did 50 million. When I queued as healer, a whale DPS did 200 billion damage on top of shielding the whole party on top of healing. It's like, why am I even here? It's fine if you don't mind being carried through everything, but that shit just isn't fun for me. They sped up all of the content and banners, but didn't give us any bonus premium currency to help with the accelerated schedule, the list goes on and on.

Worst part is that they saw the power imbalance happen already in CN which is like months ahead of us, and they said they would be rebalancing GLB content, but it still spiraled out of control like that. Like even if I was a whale in that game, you have to continually whale every 2-3 characters to stay on the powercreep path. I don't get how even the whales haven't given up yet.

It's a shame because I like Hotta as devs. They added a lot of cool shit to ToF that they absolutely didn't have to that only a fraction of the playerbase would appreciate, like the stupid dance club that's only open for 3 hours a real life day. But man the monetization, performance, and balance departments should be fucking fired.
Necromancy = playable zombie Signora as the first cryo catalyst

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends
This was the first thing I thought of when I read the leak, honestly.

Monkey Paw wish: Necromancy resurrects Signora as playable character, but the undead version has lost "body mass" and needs lots of clothes to protect her zombie skin from the sun

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson
But then this came to mind as well. She's gonna have a coat, spats, a diaper, be 4 chest sizes smaller, with a giant bow covering her entire chest area.

*edit*

7kzzycc51isa1.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so this should start a fun debate. I just recently posted about the lack of sexualization in modern games. Then I saw this thread, and it got me wondering. I haven't played Genshin since 2.0 came out. So other than any character who was introduced at the start of 2.0 or before, who do you think is the sexiest female character introduced since I stopped playing?

No one seen in the storyline of 2.0 or before counts, and only the characters as they appear in the actual game count. With that in mind, who would you pick?

As a secondary question, who would you say is the most broken OP character added to the game since then as well?

Last edited:

Pejo

Okay, so this should start a fun debate. I just recently posted about the lack of sexualization in modern games. Then I saw this thread, and it got me wondering. I haven't played Genshin since 2.0 came out. So other than any character who was introduced at the start of 2.0 or before, who do you think is the sexiest female character introduced since I stopped playing?

No one seen in the storyline of 2.0 or before counts, and only the characters as they appear in the actual game count. With that in mind, who would you pick?

As a secondary question, who would you say is the most broken OP character added to the game since then as well?
So that's the majority of Inazuma through current patches? I'm only going to go based on official art because the fanbase will sexualize a rock if they have to.

Probably 4* Candace (one of the worst characters in the game)
0da4f221996404b3ddad2aeb406f5335.jpg

or Shenhe who is a dedicated 5* support character that really is only used to buff 1-2 characters.
shenhe-character-profile-card-genshin-impact.jpg

As for strongest, without a doubt it's the kid archon Nahida:
FdxRR4yWQAAtAsA

She trivializes almost all content in the game even with extremely low investment levels. The Inazuma (2.x content patches) had an archon that was both pretty popular with the fanart crowd and plenty strong, but this little twerp is stronger. They work really well together.

Incidentally, I still think Zhongli (Geo Archon from not-China Liyue) is the overall most busted unit in the game, just not from a damage standpoint. Also, the pre censorship and 2.0 character still have the best designs for the most part, IMO.

MHY has been doing negative power creep since 2.x and making new characters that are at level or worse than the old characters. 4* characters specifically have never been as good as the ones that launched with the game or came out in the 1.x versions.

crumbs

Sexiest: Yelan, Runner Up: Yae Miko Nevermind on Yae, I guess she was in the 2.0 storyline. Candace does have an interesting design, too bad it's wasted on a throw away character.

Strongest: Nahida, best dendro application, skill and burst both last a long time, low investment for weapons/artifacts, pairs up well with almost every electro, hydro, and dendro characters

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Yelan will be probably the last sexy char in this game. Looking at the fountaine character design looks like the end for that era.

Saber

Sexiest: Between Shenhe and Liza
Design: Yelan probably has the finest female design around here. Beidou I would throw here as mix of sexy and good design.

Strongest: I would say either Ayaka(for DPS and Cryo application) or Nahida. Nahida in specific is not just a dendro, but basically the best support in the game. Dendro is just an additional.

Worst female: Sara. Not only terrible on both design and personality but also on kit. Absoulutelly hideous, whos the retard who though creating an assumed simp character would make her any good?

Last edited:

Pejo

Man that 3.4 questline is great. I just finished the get Benben his batteries quest, and I looked it up to see if there was more because I was missing a "chess piece". Found out there's like 3 more related quests that are time gated for real world resets, so there's still a ton to do.

Shame that exploring the northwestern desert area is kinda shit. Everything looks the same and it's hard to remember where you've already searched for chests and stuff, especially underground.

Did anyone else catch that the Jinni's previous mistress was the character that Nilou was playing in her introductory story quest and dance? Nice little tie-in there, even so far as to show those "true" purple flowers on the way into her cave that everyone assumed were extinct. Also, the Ever Oasis was pretty cool and I loved the little puzzle mechanics there. Shame that surveys show that the game is full of mainly braindead players, they could have done some really cool complex stuff with those puzzle mechanics of rewinding and fast forwarding time and moving the flowers forward through a path.

I really miss the more difficult puzzles of Inazuma. Those desert rune stone puzzles fucking suck dick and just serve the purpose to make things take longer than necessary. No brain power is required at all for them, and there's so fucking many. I still don't get why we can even use the Jinni to turn off/on the sandstorms. Is there a puzzle related to those or is it just to clear your view? Why would you ever want to turn them on?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Also, the Ever Oasis was pretty cool and I loved the little puzzle mechanics there. Shame that surveys show that the game is full of mainly braindead players, they could have done some really cool complex stuff with those puzzle mechanics of rewinding and fast forwarding time and moving the flowers forward through a path.
Loved that too. I hope they'll do more with those mechanics.
I really miss the more difficult puzzles of Inazuma.

No Way Meme GIF
And yeah, there's WAY too many - but there's way too may since Inazuma.
Fun fact: I ranted about this on reddit and how the sheer number of puzzles negatively impact exploration by breaking it, obviously got downvoted to hell, and the common answer was "LOL YOU WANT LESS PRIMOGEMS"?
NZZ89.gif

I swear if you add up all the brains on reddit you don't get to Simple Jack IQ level.
I still don't get why we can even use the Jinni to turn off/on the sandstorms. Is there a puzzle related to those or is it just to clear your view? Why would you ever want to turn them on?
Nope, super pointless and useless, since the sandstorms come back after a bit. Why the fuck is that even there is a mistery to me.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
As for strongest, without a doubt it's the kid archon Nahida:
FdxRR4yWQAAtAsA
FdxRR4yWQAAtAsA

She trivializes almost all content in the game even with extremely low investment levels. The Inazuma (2.x content patches) had an archon that was both pretty popular with the fanart crowd and plenty strong, but this little twerp is stronger. They work really well together.

Incidentally, I still think Zhongli (Geo Archon from not-China Liyue) is the overall most busted unit in the game, just not from a damage standpoint. Also, the pre censorship and 2.0 character still have the best designs for the most part, IMO.
I want to add, there's nothing funnier in this game than marking enemies under the rain and just sit there and giggle.

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo

UNCHAINED - 1 gold nucleus 2 vera special gift

24GRANDSEA - purple nucleus

THEGRANDSEA - purple nucleus

UA455ELX - 1 gold nucleus 2 vera special gift

Man, I'm really enjoying the new zone. Underwater combat is shit toh.

EDIT:
There's also a new hidden sad-as-fuck story that's quite good:

Stolen from Tom Hanks apparently.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Man, I'm really enjoying the new zone. Underwater combat is shit toh.[/SPOILER]
Sadly you won't pull me back in to the game, once it's uninstalled, it's gone. Glad to hear the content is at least good this patch though, the quests were almost all dogshit previously.

In other news, some statistics for constellations:

A lot of people went for Yelan C6. That explains the huge numbers on her last rerun. Dehya orders of magnitude less than any other character. I was confused about Sara being so high at C6, then I remembered Raiden Shogun has a super high C6% and Sara has rerun on all of her banners, so it makes sense.

Anybody in here have any limited 5* C6's besides me?

Also, I finished the whole desert questline (I think?) where we go all Order 66 on the Tanit tribe. That was a surprisingly dark story, all the way from finding the Djinni. When you realize her own personal storyline, she's kinda fucked up, but actually grows quite a bit through the time she's with you. It's a very important story for history of Sumeru too, and involves directly with Forbidden Knowledge and the downfall of the desert half of Sumeru 500 years ago. It helped me realize that "forbidden knowledge" isn't some force or curse or anything like that, but seems to be mostly revolving around using natural forces in Teyvat - elemental/Djinni/dragon etc as ingredients in machines to try to usurp the existing power structure. It also reveals the origin of the "black sludge" which was essentially some sort of magic or fluid from the Mother of Seelies that mixed with the sand and fucked up all the irrigation and waterways, spilling all the way, presumably, into the Chasm.

It also confirmed that the nail is under the sand tornado thing, though we basically knew that already.

*edit*

Looks like Kirara is real.

Drip marketing, fresh from MHY
a69y7r6w11ta1.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

Sadly you won't pull me back in to the game, once it's uninstalled, it's gone. Glad to hear the content is at least good this patch though, the quests were almost all dogshit previously.

A lot of people went for Yelan C6. That explains the huge numbers on her last rerun. Dehya orders of magnitude less than any other character. I was confused about Sara being so high at C6, then I remembered Raiden Shogun has a super high C6% and Sara has rerun on all of her banners, so it makes sense.

Also, I finished the whole desert questline (I think?) where we go all Order 66 on the Tanit tribe. That was a surprisingly dark story, all the way from finding the Djinni. When you realize her own personal storyline, she's kinda fucked up, but actually grows quite a bit through the time she's with you. It's a very important story for history of Sumeru too, and involves directly with Forbidden Knowledge and the downfall of the desert half of Sumeru 500 years ago. It helped me realize that "forbidden knowledge" isn't some force or curse or anything like that, but seems to be mostly revolving around using natural forces in Teyvat - elemental/Djinni/dragon etc as ingredients in machines to try to usurp the existing power structure. It also reveals the origin of the "black sludge" which was essentially some sort of magic or fluid from the Mother of Seelies that mixed with the sand and fucked up all the irrigation and waterways, spilling all the way, presumably, into the Chasm.

It also confirmed that the nail is under the sand tornado thing, though we basically knew that already.

*edit*

Looks like Kirara is real.

a69y7r6w11ta1.jpg

Wow i like her, hope she will be good and in Al Haitham banner

Wow i like her, hope she will be good and in Al Haitham banner
Not a chance. He ain't getting rerun anytime soon.

So she is from Inazuma after all. How did leakers not see that? I don't expect much of her though. 4 star, dendro, summons pets, on rerun banners I won't pull on. Meh. We'll see.

Pejo Pejo I haven't completed the entire quest yet (Still have to find BenBen), but it was kinda ruined for me in how obvious the 'twist' was from the start. It is so obviously dumbed down that it just feels like you're going through the motions.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
How's the game going? I get the feeling it's constantly losing momentum and it's on a dreadful state right now.

I stopped playing for the last month or so. Only logins I do are because of my nephew, since he likes to play the game everytime he visits me :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Last edited:

Saber

Pejo Pejo the only 5-star characters I have cons are Keqing and Shenhe. I believe this is a normal thing for non-whales.

InterMusketeer InterMusketeer didn't a leak said Al Haitam would have a rerun? And I dkn't remember his numbers being high, might be a reason for him to be back yet again.

How's the game going? I get the feeling it's constantly losing momentum and it's on a dreadful state right now.

I stopped playing for the last month or so. Only logins I do are because of my nephew, since he likes to play the game everytime he visits me :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Basically is. The lack of new ideas, garbage events and re-used stuff gonna be its ruin. I doubt people gonna stick this game with repeated "new desert area with yet another underground".
Remember that is not long until Zelda will be released and this losers are still chewing Sumeru for another patch.

It's to be expected that the game slows down at the end of an update cycle. Most of the highly anticipated characters have already released, and most players are saving for the new region. But yeah, they've also been messing up lately. DoAhya, sandpit after sandpit, months of fujo pandering... The list goes on. Japanese Twitter has seen a boom of tweets about Genshin's revival today. Why? Catgirl teaser. It really is that simple.

InterMusketeer InterMusketeer didn't a leak said Al Haitam would have a rerun? And I dkn't remember his numbers being high, might be a reason for him to be back yet again.
I haven't seen that one. Albedo, Childe, Kazuha, Klee, Kokomi, Eula, Venti, Zhongli and even Scara deserve reruns way more than Alhaitham. It has only been two updates since his initial banner. I don't see it happening this quickly.

Saber

I haven't seen that one. Albedo, Childe, Kazuha, Klee, Kokomi, Eula, Venti, Zhongli and even Scara deserve reruns way more than Alhaitham. It has only been two updates since his initial banner. I don't see it happening this quickly.

Yeah I kinda agree.
But I saw someone said that there were other characters who just got recently and already had reruns. I think a similar thing happened to Cyno, people were basicaly saying it was too soon for him to have a rerun. But I'm gonna check out the leaks.

Yeah I kinda agree.
But I saw someone said that there were other characters who just got recently and already had reruns. I think a similar thing happened to Cyno, people were basicaly saying it was too soon for him to have a rerun. But I'm gonna check out the leaks.
Yeah, Cyno's rerun was a bit early and Yoimiya got two reruns in quick succession too. It's not impossible and wouldn't be the first time MHY made weird calls like that. It just doesn't make sense to me at this point. We've also gotten tons of dendro characters recently so I'd shift my banners elsewhere for a minute. It also makes sense to get Kokomi and Childe out of the way before Fontaine's hydrosplosion happens.

So the new banners were just confirmed in-game:
XDluZNI.jpg

fqkY1ZU.jpg
The ones I posted some time ago were (partially) incorrect. Sorry about that. I'm disappointed Candace isn't on here. I was really betting on her being there, I pre-farmed artifacts and everything... But Layla is pretty neat too. Still a really good banner.
The weapon banner is slightly better due to Xiphos' Moonlight being on there, which is good for Nilou (aesthetically too).

Last edited:

deanote666

Loved that too. I hope they'll do more with those mechanics.

No Way Meme GIF
And yeah, there's WAY too many - but there's way too may since Inazuma.
Fun fact: I ranted about this on reddit and how the sheer number of puzzles negatively impact exploration by breaking it, obviously got downvoted to hell, and the common answer was "LOL YOU WANT LESS PRIMOGEMS"?
NZZ89.gif

I swear if you add up all the brains on reddit you don't get to Simple Jack IQ level.

Nope, super pointless and useless, since the sandstorms come back after a bit. Why the fuck is that even there is a mistery to me.
A couple of those sandstorm bubbles can only be turned off if the sandstorm is on/off. Couple puzzles, dendrocculi behind those I think.

It begins.... (note my download speed)

Puzzles are fun when exploring but in the end, you're just left with an area filled with solved, one off puzzles with no reason to go back. Only went back to thi inazuma mist island for the wolf boss. Only time I went back to that underground inazuma area this year (can never remember the name) is when I felt like getting some teapot stingrays.

deanote666

I thought the forbidden knowlege was related to stuff ouside the pocket universe we're in that was created by the first one, whatever deities that aren't really explained outside of a wiki.

Also, I have no C6 5*. I'm trying to add a constellation to Zhongli and Nahida with each banner though. C4 Zhongli is my highest constellation limited. Nahida C2.

Last edited:

Pejo

Official writeup about Kirara:

An excess of speed and an assurance of client satisfaction

"She's an adorable little nekomata. Just whisper 'the parcel delivery is going to be late' in her ear while she's asleep, and she'll spring right up and start dashing faster than General Gorou does on the battlefield."
- Yae Miko

◆ Kirara
◆ Cat Upon the Eaves
◆ Gold Level Courier of the Komaniya Express
◆ Vision: Dendro
◆ Constellation: Arcella

A courier who works for Komaniya Express, a delivery company in Inazuma. She has twin restless tails and is a nekomata who loves human society.

"Anything you need delivered?"

Komaniya Express, the famous delivery company in Inazuma, has a very special employee working under them. At a glance, she resembles an adorably-dressed teenage girl with two tails swaying behind her. Though she treats each of her customers with kindness and generosity, in secret, she sometimes takes to running quietly across rooftops to ensure none of her deliveries arrive late...

Though her obvious nature as a youkai drew more than a few comments at first, as Kirara introduced herself with honesty and clarity time and time again while conducting her tasks with dutifulness and effectiveness, people not only dropped all lingering misgivings but even grew grateful for her presence. "Safe and punctual," "service assured," "vivacious and adorable"... These three phrases are words most commonly used to describe Kirara on the feedback board. Word is that if you give her a five-star rating or offer her some snacks, you might even see Kirara's face brighten with gratitude as her tails whirl with building joy.

To Kirara, her job is as precious as any jewel. She treasures everything about human society and is always overjoyed to behold the smiling faces of her customers. Thus, she gives her all to offer the best service she can for everyone she caters to. After all, if she finds herself fired by the company, all she can do is return to being a youkai in the mountains.

Thankfully, her boss at Komaniya Express had never even considered the idea of releasing her. On the contrary, they privately asked Kirara if she wanted higher pay and to transition into comparatively less laborious administrative work, but Kirara rejected their offer with haste. She didn't have the heart to tell her boss that, to her, every time she leaves to make a delivery, it feels like she's getting to enjoy an all-expenses paid outing!

So she is from Inazuma after all. How did leakers not see that? I don't expect much of her though. 4 star, dendro, summons pets, on rerun banners I won't pull on. Meh. We'll see.
Kinda matches the more recent leaks we had about her, so if it's pretty close, she will throw a box (we can now guess it's a delivery box) that shoots little cats out of it (i'm assuming like Yaoyao or maybe Collei's burst) and provides Dendro shield. Budge Dendro shield alone will be enough for me to roll for her, I need either Hydro or Dendro shields for some of my team ideas, and I am not rolling Baizhu.
Pejo Pejo I haven't completed the entire quest yet (Still have to find BenBen), but it was kinda ruined for me in how obvious the 'twist' was from the start. It is so obviously dumbed down that it just feels like you're going through the motions.
The "twist" isn't the good part though, anybody with a brain knew how that was gonna end up. It's the amount and quality of the world lore along the way that makes it good, at least in my opinion. Though most of the lore is in the first part of the quest where you are searching for the oasis.

It's at an "end of cycle" lull right now. Doesn't help that the 4.0 Fontaine leaks a few months ago didn't really blow anybody's socks off and they've been giving us more and more censored designs followed by a bunch of male characters that pander to a very niche part of the fanbase. Then there was a big huge disappointment with Dehya who a lot of people were originally excited for. I fully expect it will pick back up around 3.8 when all the new Fontaine info starts coming out.

The desert has been amazing for world and main story lore but visually it's been kinda samey for a while and people are sick of underground stuff that doesn't have in-game maps.

I thought the forbidden knowlege was related to stuff ouside the pocket universe we're in that was created by the first one, whatever deities that aren't really explained outside of a wiki.
I took it to mean Forbidden knowledge is the "how" to use elemental energy and elemental creatures in/with machinery. It seems to be that's what Celestia is trying to stamp out with the nails.

Fuz

Banned
Elizabeth Banks Dance GIF by ABC Network

Yeah no the main story is just bad and I just skipped the other quests. I only followed this one because it was a secret so I was more curious and in the end it was a pretty good one.
is this Zelda?
a69y7r6w11ta1.jpg
a69y7r6w11ta1.jpg
I hate everything about it.

I get the feeling it's constantly losing momentum and it's on a dreadful state right now.
Rollercoaster.
It's not impossible and wouldn't be the first time MHY made weird calls like that. It just doesn't make sense to me at this point.
Psychological manipulation tactics. We just don't have to think they have a method.
teapot stingrays
Wait, which stingray? :pie_thinking:
I took it to mean Forbidden knowledge is the "how" to use elemental energy and elemental creatures in/with machinery. It seems to be that's what Celestia is trying to stamp out with the nails.
Why do you say that?

Last edited:

SSfox

We will see, but i don't think its impossible and it already happened with Tarta and Yoi

deanote666

Official writeup about Kirara:

Kinda matches the more recent leaks we had about her, so if it's pretty close, she will throw a box (we can now guess it's a delivery box) that shoots little cats out of it (i'm assuming like Yaoyao or maybe Collei's burst) and provides Dendro shield. Budge Dendro shield alone will be enough for me to roll for her, I need either Hydro or Dendro shields for some of my team ideas, and I am not rolling Baizhu.

The "twist" isn't the good part though, anybody with a brain knew how that was gonna end up. It's the amount and quality of the world lore along the way that makes it good, at least in my opinion. Though most of the lore is in the first part of the quest where you are searching for the oasis.

It's at an "end of cycle" lull right now. Doesn't help that the 4.0 Fontaine leaks a few months ago didn't really blow anybody's socks off and they've been giving us more and more censored designs followed by a bunch of male characters that pander to a very niche part of the fanbase. Then there was a big huge disappointment with Dehya who a lot of people were originally excited for. I fully expect it will pick back up around 3.8 when all the new Fontaine info starts coming out.

The desert has been amazing for world and main story lore but visually it's been kinda samey for a while and people are sick of underground stuff that doesn't have in-game maps.

The forbidden knowlege drives people insane, without the interference of Celestia, which would indicate it is knowlege not of that world. Essentially a virus on your computer. Not sure if I saw a reference to this in game or in a wiki.

I took the nails as a means to control the leyline memories since they don't want knowlege before their rule to be found out but the pocket universe existed before the archon system (the secret knowlege in the inazuma underground area). That knowlege only got them exiled, didn't go insane.

Last edited:

Pejo

The forbidden knowlege drives people insane, without the interference of Celestia, which would indicate it is knowlege not of that world. Essentially a virus on your computer. Not sure if I saw a referenceto this in game or in a wiki.

I ttook he nails as a means to control the leyline memories since they don't want knowlege before their rule to be found out but the pocket universe existed before the archon system (the secret knowlege in the inazuma underground area). That knowlege obly got them exiled, didn't go insane.
I don't think our ideas are separate though, they kind of build on top of each other. There's clearly a theme of when a nation gets too advanced and starts using machinery infused with Teyvat energy, some kind of shit always hits the fan. I think the nails are there to suppress the knowledge of the infused machinery from making it into Irminsul or to cleanse that particular knowledge or whatever.

deanote666

I don't think our ideas are separate though, they kind of build on top of each other. There's clearly a theme of when a nation gets too advanced and starts using machinery infused with Teyvat energy, some kind of shit always hits the fan. I think the nails are there to suppress the knowledge of the infused machinery from making it into Irminsul or to cleanse that particular knowledge or whatever.
That doesn't account for those with forbidden knowlege going insane. They may go mad with power with that tech but those with forbidden knowlege are drooling at the mouth, padded room insane.

Maybe the tech evolves enough that it lets them see outside of the bubble to get the knowlege but the tech itself isn't the knowlege.

Last edited:

Pejo

That doesn'taccountfor those with forbidden knowlege going insane. They may go mad with power with that tech but those with forbidden knowlege are drooling at the mouth, padded room insane.

Maybe the tech evolves enough that it lets them see outside of the bubble to get the knowlege but the tech itself isn't the knowlege.
Don't forget what happened in Tighnari's quest. I think the madness goes hand-in-hand.

deanote666

Don't forget what happened in Tighnari's quest. I think the madness goes hand-in-hand.
with the dude in the cave with his mech?

I don't think forbidden knowlege was involved. There was knowlege the Akademiya made "forbidden" but I don't think it was related to THE forbidden knowlege.

Still got "field tillers" running around after 500 years so they probably don't want smarter death bots roaming around.

The leylines are part of the world. The greater lord erased herself to remove forbidden knowlege from the world but the leylines are still there. Leylines have memories so those running amuck make people cray cray for a different reason.

Last edited:

Pejo

with the dude in the cave with his mech?

I don't think forbidden knowlege was involved. There was knowlege the Akademiya made "forbidden" but I don't think it was related to THE forbidden knowlege.

Still got "field tillers" running around after 500 years so they probably don't want smarter death bots roaming around.
You can believe what you like of course, but I think it's definitely all related. Again, I don't think that it's just machines themselves that are the "problem", but when it's infused with life energy from Teyvat, like elemental energy, Djnni energy, etc. Like there's some tipping point where it all goes to shit. When you look around Teyvat, all of the most advanced technologies are always in ruins from a failed great nation. Then you add in what we learned about the Goddess of Flowers and how she tried to help western Sumeru and it ended up getting all fucked, creating the sludge, and destroying the irrigation etc. I think the knowledge of how to utilize Teyvat's natural energy to power machines might be the "virus" you're speaking of.

Top Bottom