• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia's 6th Congressional District Special Election |OT| Round 2: Fight!

The old guard definitely needs to go. The ones that want to work with Trump on things. There is no working with Trump. Stall, STALL!!! They did it with Obama. Why do we always have to play nice all the time?

Pelosi doesn't want to work with Trump. Pretty much no Democrat does at this point. Don't know where you're getting that from.

Eidan

No matter the outcomes, I think Pelosi needs to step down. She won't, but she's been a negative for Ossoff and the Dems would be better with a fresh leader without baggage.
If not Pelosi they would've use Schumer. If not Schumer they'd use Elizabeth Warren. If not Warren, Franken...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Prepare to get barraged by a bunch of people from poligaf over this even though it's probably true.

almost nobody thinks that schumer or pelosi (or reid when he was in charge) are excellent leaders; the question is who you would replace them with, and the answer isn't obvious, and the answer isn't "Actually Bernie and Elizabeth Warren and I Haven't Heard of Any Members Of The House But I'm Sure They're Good" or whatever.

Slayven

Prepare to get barraged by a bunch of people from poligaf over this even though it's probably true.

I'm so sick of this bullshit cop-out answer. Yes, congressional leaders are hated but nobody carries years of baggage like Pelosi does.

Pelosi is good at her job, why should she step down because "optics"?

Toxi

Banned
The old guard definitely needs to go. The ones that want to work with Trump on things. There is no working with Trump. Stall, STALL!!! They did it with Obama. Why do we always have to play nice all the time?
Are you sure you're talking about Pelosi?

Shogun413

Ossoff was still really stupid in deciding to live outside his district. This line of attack has definitely hurt him and it is a self-inflicted wound.

Clinton was the definition of baggage. Unless you mean today's election?

Yeah, I meant this Georgia election. Ossoff is like, the most squeaky clean motherfucker ever. But they still created bullshit about him. It doesn't matter who is charge, they'll make as much bullshit up as they can.

Buckle

It's a fucking republican district in Georgia

My god how do you people function
Aye.

Its the south, the GOP practically owns it. The most you should ever do is prepared to be disappointed so you can be pleasantly surprised when you aren't.

The good thing here is that even when Osoff loses (guessing he probably will), the fact that it was this close should be a really worrying sign for the republican party.

Trump is doing some real damage to them and they're going to reap that in 2018.

slit

Pelosi is good at her job, why should she step down because "optics"?

I don't know if she should step down but let's face it. The base is not going to rally behind her. There are some on the left that hate everything the old guard stands for. They'll literally not vote if they don't get their way.

I seem to recall them calling Obama all kinds of things too but people saw through it. With Pelosi, I cringe every time I see her bumble through an interview.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just don't understand how NYT can have 4% reporting, and 538 14%.

One or both of them are clearly bullshit.

It's not clearly bullshit, it's whatever their data sources have (I believe NYT uses AP and 538 uses DecisionDesk HQ). Their sources are literally human beings on cell phones on the ground yelling out numbers as they see them. Live election data is an insane shitshow.

Slayven

I don't know if she should step down but let's face it. The base is not going to rally behind her. There are some on the left that hate everything the old guard stands for. They'll literally not vote if they don't get their way.

Then they should run and vote them out

Nesotenso

doesn't matter if it is a close loss for Trump. He is going to be bragging about a W on twitter if Handel wins, no matter how close the margin is.

It's not clearly bullshit, it's whatever their data sources have (I believe NYT uses AP and 538 uses DecisionDesk HQ). Their sources are literally human beings on cell phones on the ground yelling out numbers as they see them. Live election data is an insane shitshow.

So, both of them then.

Mully

NYT taking a more vetted approach? They can afford the luxury.

The Times works with the AP and local news stations. They wait for the numbers to come to them.

AP starts getting their numbers the moment the polls close, but it usually takes 4-5 hours before all votes (besides provisionals) can be counted.

Source: I used to work for the AP during elections.

Quazar

The Times works with the AP and local news stations. They wait for the numbers to come to them.

AP starts getting their numbers the moment the polls close, but it usually takes 4-5 hours before all votes (besides provisionals) can be counted.

Source: I used to work for the AP during elections.

Has this been proven to be a problem? Or are we looking for quick results and confirmation because that's a slower process?

Top Bottom