• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia's 6th Congressional District Special Election |OT| Round 2: Fight!

RPGCrazied

Leading but projected to lose by 0.6 based on where the votes have come from. Gonna be a late night.

Liberals need to NOT move to blue states.

You're just making the situation worse. We need liberals in these areas. Cali and NY can't carry the nation electorally.

Remember when Hillary won the popular vote but not the presidency?

Can't flip a red seat if no one is there to vote blue

Fine, Austin or Dallas then! They are more friendly to my kind then where I am.

giga

In person early vote doesn't look great for Ossoff, so we're gonna need some good mail in and election day numbers.

RPGCrazied

It really is a pipe dream to move states, all my family is here. I've been born and raised in this state. Its my home, even if its redneck trash in spots.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The number to watch is the NY Times estimate. Anything else puts you on a path of false hope.

It would be hilarious if Ossoff loses in a squeaker in this, but somehow Parnell pulls off a win lol. I mean, that's not going to happen, but it would be something to see.

Well if SC-05 is close, it would show in truth how screwed the GOP is without spending millions per race.

EDIT: Ok 40% in and yeah......SC-05 may be news tomorrow if this is only a couple % difference. That is supposed to be +20.

Lo-Volt

It's a fucking republican district in Georgia

My god how do you people function

This should emotionally "be the one" in the mind of a lot of people. Ossoff seemed pretty good for a first-time candidate. His opponent's attitudes on gay rights and a living wage seemed particularly poor as national attitudes soften on these issues. Donald Trump's administration is falling through the floor compared to previous executive branches in polling support. This isn't a Republican district by 50 points but more like 10. So if Trump can weigh the party down and a good Democratic candidate can make the difference, this is the place. (Also, some Democrats really want to be able to turn parts of the south, and metro Atlanta could be one of those places. Ossoff losing puts pressure on that theory.)

The swing to Democrats is really encouraging this year, but people need a win, you know? After a while, it has to 'become real'.

Way to early to tell but I'm expecting the "boring" outcome where Handel wins by a point or so, conservatives claim an actual victory while liberals claim a demographic one, some republicans in more competative districts sleep a bit less soundly.

Why not? I'm sick of living in Trump redneck country.

Me, too, but we gotta hold on long enough for Democrats to get in power, then we badger the shit out of them about passing the National Popular Vote compact in their state. Then we can undercut the electoral college and stop letting rednecks decide who our president is.

</pipedream>

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So, those of you lambasting people for wanting to escape the South due to electoral considerations - are you willing to put your money where your judgement is and move to the South?

This should emotionally "be the one" in the mind of a lot of people. Ossoff seemed pretty good for a first-time candidate. His opponent's attitudes on gay rights and a living wage seemed particularly poor as national attitudes soften on these issues. Donald Trump's administration is falling through the floor compared to previous executive branches in polling support. This isn't a Republican district by 50 points but more like 10. So if Trump can weigh the party down and a good Democratic candidate can make the difference, this is the place. (Also, some Democrats really want to be able to turn parts of the south, and metro Atlanta could be one of those places. Ossoff losing puts pressure on that theory.)

The swing to Democrats is really encouraging this year, but people need a win, you know? After a while, it has to 'become real'.

We have had two wins this year. Two State House Seats flipped in NY and NH that have never had a Democrat in the seat. People focus a lot on federal, I know, but that was a good thing.

RPGCrazied

Me, too, but we gotta hold on long enough for Democrats to get in power, then we badger the shit out of them about passing the National Popular Vote compact in their state. Then we can undercut the electoral college and stop letting rednecks decide who our president is.

</pipedream>

Tell me about it. I'd love to replace Cruz. He is up for election next year and from what I read his poll numbers are down.

mo60

What the heck is going on in SC-5 right now? Parnell is leading or keeping it close with about 50% of the vote in.

You're all welcome in Ohio. Housing is cheap here. We need to move the needle back over to the D side.

0d27cef8a4c92c9eadae39c49a3669e4.jpg

Top Bottom