• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima |OT| - Summer blade cuts through, the PlayStation shall go on, this is its swan song

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Extremely pissed off. For me the standoffs constantly bug out, and result in me losing every time.

Has anyone else had this?

Confused why you'd have to role back a save?

If something is bugged in that area, just finish it without a standoff.

GymWolf

Gold Member

wvnative

Confused why you'd have to role back a save?

If something is bugged in that area, just finish it without a standoff.

The standoff is forced for that mission, and when I take my thumb off the stick to hit d pad down to heal i get ganged up on.

It's okay now, after several failings it prompted me to abandon the mission. So I ultimately won't have to rollback.

GymWolf

Gold Member
OK - I might be blind then, what PS1 backgrounds in Remake are you referring to?
3184309-final%20fantasy%20vii%20remake_20200418215830_1.png

i1586162926461603.jpeg

fQ3eJOG.jpg

jzwx867hn7s41.jpg

I can continue if you want.

That game is the most uneven triple A game in a long time, his lows are lower than tsushima or spiderman.

I PTed GoT two days ago and yesterday I couldn't help myself and started another one bc I couldn't wait for NG+. First game I started on Medium but after a tale switched to hard and haven't looked back it was challenging because I used Ghost weapons minimally, but not the Ghost Stance ofc that was too much fun. This game is easily my game of the year and in contention to be game of generation it is that good. I had too many goosebumps during some of the tales and that sublime ending *chefs kiss*. I am playing second time in Japanese and it is better, tough I would love to read all NPCs talking as you pass by. Also just read the 1.05 patch notes, but I don't know if I would go with Lethal as I want to play more Samurai and less Ghost unless forced to with too many opponents, and that difficulty seem like it would hand me my ass with my own preference play style, so I will go with Hard.

SuckerPunch deserves every acclaim fro the game and more.

So, i just finished the game. Wow, what an experience.
Several times it managed to stir my emotions quite heavily.

Regarding the Endings: which do you guys consider the good and which the bad ending?
The Honorable one, where you kill Shimura feels better at first, as they part as father and son followed by Jin crying in anguish after the Kill. But after the credit you wake up in a gloomy surrounding, implying this is bad.

While on the other hand you have the Dishonorable Choice to spare Shimura, which hase them part without love, but after the credits you wake up in a sunny environment and a living uncle governing the island
I cant quite make up my mind which is more „correct“ or fitting.
This is my point of view
I think the correct ending is the one where you kill Shimura.
He always lived by honor and the honorable death is what he desires, instead of living a life of shame for being spared.
He had no choice, either die or keep hunting Jin until the end of his life, because he was ordered to kill him.
Also it's more emotional, an impactful ending to a great game.
So I see it like this. You became The Ghost bc you didn't care for honor or samurai code, but wanted to save your people in any way you can, well to save your family too you have to be dishonorable, having honor wasn't in Jin's priority not then definitely not now in the end, so it makes sense to save your father figure, your uncle's life as you finally claim yourself as The Ghost (not as something taht was attributed to you and you going along with it like in the beginning). The uncle is also knows that Jin saved their people and it is being forced to this by the Shogunate as they were following him with every failures, and if you have listened to other NPCs talking during when you infiltrate the Shimura Castle to drop the note for him, you could hear that they were looking to get rid of Lord Shimura if Mongols stayed any longer.

I know english voices are good but japanese voices are just another level. I wish they just went with japanese lip sync instead of english.
Btw the actor playing Kotun Khan is the same guy who played Genghis Khan in the Night at the Museu lol.

Japanese seem more in line with the soul of the game but that is not to say English wasn't perfect. I really can't decide which is the perfect choice but the main thing is it is an option and with different play throughs you can effectively make the game really different.
I did everything before the last duel which made me choose to not kill Shimura. He was really a great model of Samurai, but at the same time it was clear he loved Jin more than anything. The problem wasn't Jin, but what the Ghost meant.

During all the journey, Jin did things a Samurai wouldn't do, but he had always a big reason behind it: to protect his people and do everything to not feel like he did when his father was killed.

But to evolve his character to this all the love and teachings Shimura poured onto him was important. He made his decisions after saw both sides: the people who had power and the majority who don't.

And we come back to the fateful decision...truth without love is just brutality, so no way in hell I would chose to kill Shimura. Jin was never unfair to his people and loved Shimura as a father.

That's why I was really happy with the results. At this point I would imagine Shimura could die in the sequel to protect Jin and I'm positive he proposed the last duel without anyone to see for a meaninful purpose.

Anyway, the last duel is simply superb. Sucker Punch nailed beautifuly.
Yeah I concur with your points. Also I saved and loaded the killing ending and while it is quite sad and tearjerker, it didn't made that much sense.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The standoff is forced for that mission, and when I take my thumb off the stick to hit d pad down to heal i get ganged up on.

It's okay now, after several failings it prompted me to abandon the mission. So I ultimately won't have to rollback.
Oh dang that sucks.

Only buggy thing that happened to me was I sat in a hot spring, and then was attacked out of nowhere.. and the attacks were interupting my dialog, so I never finished my "thinking about my Uncle" thing and it ended up killing me lol

SleepDoctor

Banned
so I beat the game, got plat, went on playing, got every single collectible, slayed hundreds of Mongols and NOW they're putting a difficulty mode in that the game should be played on.
Good troll SP, now I have to start all over

Collectibles aren't part of the plat??

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
You only need half the artifacts and records, like 5 crickets (enough to unlock the second tune) but need all the shrines, fox dens, bamboo strikes, hot springs, haiku places, and at least some of the pillars.

And ten of those signs you need to bow in front of. They aren’t marked on your map either.

SleepDoctor

Banned
You only need half the artifacts and records, like 5 crickets (enough to unlock the second tune) but need all the shrines, fox dens, bamboo strikes, hot springs, haiku places, and at least some of the pillars.

Great. I actually wanted to get the plat but i refuse to get all collectibles. Have 3 crickets already.

Entroyp

Great. I actually wanted to get the plat but i refuse to get all collectibles. Have 3 crickets already.

I thought this was one of the easiest plats I’ve done, but maybe because I walked the while island just to admire the view.

There are a couple of trophies that I thought were BS because they’re not part of the story and there are no hints on how to get them.

Shrap

I've cleared out the entire first part of the island and I can already say this is my GOTY so far. It'll take a lot to topple it. It just feels so good to play, the attention to detail is outstanding and the atmosphere/art design is exceptional. There is way too much to go into. An insane amount of effort has been put into making the game not just incredibly beautiful but a joy to play. If only RDR2 had this kind of approach; it would've been so much better.

GymWolf

Gold Member
is there anyone who can't download the new patch?

if i manually check updates for the game it says that i have already the latest version (1.04)

maybe the release time is different for europe?

Bartski

Gold Member
Yep, a lot of guys see the sun everytime a girl play with their flutes.
works every time! :messenger_beaming:

weather aside, I'd wish they patched in no time of day/night change during mission. I go ninja clearing a larger camp at night and boom it's noon all of a sudden, that just kills the vibe

if i manually check updates for the game it says that i have already the latest version (1.04)

Yeah patches see staggered release across the globe and sometimes there's difference even between countries in Europe.

Keihart

checked like 30 minutes ago and i have no patch available yet, my account is NA tho.
Since the PS Store version it's always the latest one...i wonder if redownloading it would make it faster ....

Last edited:

JeloSWE

same here, some blog said it was to be released later today.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah patches see staggered release across the globe and sometimes there's difference even between countries in Europe.
oh cmon i want to try the new lethal mode, i have probably another 2-3 sessions of playing before the end...

thanks to all of you guys for the answers.

Last edited:
oh cmon i want to try the new lethal mode, i have probably another 2-3 sessions of playing before the end...
God dang it, the game must make you salivating if you can not wait for the difficulty patch for those sessions LOL Just tell us you love the game, no one will hold it against you :D

GymWolf

Gold Member
God dang it, the game must make you salivating if you can not wait for the difficulty patch for those sessions LOL Just tell us you love the game, no one will hold it against you :D
i mean yeah i can be harsh for the lack of challenge but the game does a lot of things right so i'm enjoying my time with it.

by the end my score is probably gonna be around 7,5-8 and just because i use a full scale of numbers, 7,5 is very good in my book, i scored days gone a similar number and it's one of the few open world game where i did 2 complete run.

Last edited:
This is why I wear the Traveler's Armor most of the time and stop by all cemeteries.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hidden Altars don't trigger the Traveler's Attire vibration.

Anyway, I can't wait to try Lethal mode, I've only done like 3 main quests and a couple of side quests.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In EU, no patch???

Bartski

Gold Member
BTW, not sure if this was ever mentioned here, but here is a strat to always win every standoff ever:

Watch the legs.

In late game the reaction window gets smaller, the distance shorter and mongols fake a lot. But while faking they NEVER move their legs, only when they're actually attacking which is your moment to release triangle.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom