• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

nani17

are in a big trouble
Wait till they see Uncharted with Nathan Drake's transgender daughter.

I loved Jin, but this is 300 years later. He's dead.
Interested Spock GIF by Star Trek

Honestly, looked like more of the same, I was expecting a lot more from sucker punch considering the first game was cross platform. I dropped off the original game about 70% towards the end as the gameplay loop started to get stale. Hoping Suckerpunch can really mix things up a bit with this one, in their defence I guess it's hard to make Feudal Japan look different from.. Feudal Japan.

Although I liked Jin, I'm interested to learn more about the new protag. Also gives them a chance to have a less stoic/different type of lead (not I minded Jin's personality at all)

I really really wanted to like the first game. The story itself was awesome, but the gameplay loop was boring as fuck. By the 2nd area you are an unkillable god and it's the same quest over and over and over again. They gotta do something to mix it up in this game.

Kind of wish that was my experience. I was surprised how hard the game was to me at least. The 1 on 1 fights weren't bad but a group of people could fuck me up easily.

Fbh

Visually it looks nice like the first one.
I just hope they massively improved the quality of the side content, traversal and world design. If it's more of the same in a new map I'm not particularly excited about it.

Female lead is fine, it's a shame Jin just got 1 game though, and this is just hilariously on brand for Sony

Last edited:

Kangx

Bad decision. Like really bad decision. People fell in love with Jin from the first game. He deserved a sequel and many fans are expecting that.And they also switched from male to female. Many people gona be piss.

Either you create a new game with a female character like stellar blade, You just don't switch character and gender like that. Expectation is everything.

:messenger_loudly_crying: I'm sorry for doubting you Hermen Hulst. That was the best State of Play ever!

Ghost of Yotei is all I needed to see to restore my faith. PS5 Pro is a day one buy for me.

:messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: 2025 can't get here soon enough!

Just realised this means we can say goodbye to the unexpected nudity from the first game, I swear Jin got his cheeks out whenever another person walked in on me playing the game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/24/ghost-of-yotei-is-coming-in-2025/

Today we are so happy to announce Ghost of Yōtei, the latest game from Sucker Punch and the introduction of our new hero, Atsu.

When we set out to make a new Ghost game, we wanted to maintain the core pillars established in Ghost of Tsushima: playing as a wandering warrior in Feudal Japan, offering freedom to explore at your own pace, and highlighting the beauty of the world.

We also wanted to continue to innovate. To create something fresh but familiar, we looked beyond Jin Sakai’s story and the island of Tsushima, and shifted our focus to the idea of the Ghost instead. At Sucker Punch we love origin stories, and we wanted to explore what it could mean to have a new hero wearing a Ghost mask, and uncovering a new legend. This led us to Ghost of Yōtei: a new protagonist, a new story to unfold, and a new region of Japan to explore.

While we aren’t diving into story specifics yet today, we can reveal that Atsu’s journey takes place in 1603, more than 300 years after the events of Ghost of Tsushima. Our story is set in the lands surrounding Mount Yōtei, a towering peak in the heart of Ezo, an area of Japan known as Hokkaido in present day. In 1603, this area was outside the rule of Japan, and filled with sprawling grasslands, snowy tundras, and unexpected dangers. It’s a far cry from the organized samurai clans who lived in Tsushima, and it’s the setting for an original story we can’t wait to tell.

This is also Sucker Punch’s first game built from the ground up for PlayStation 5, and we’re excited to build on the visual foundation we established in Ghost of Tsushima by making the world feel even more real. We have massive sightlines that let you look far across the environment, whole new skies featuring twinkling stars and auroras, even more believable movement from wind on grass and vegetation, and more improvements we’ll share in the future. Our new setting also gives us the opportunity to introduce new mechanics, gameplay improvements, and even new weapons.

Our trailer today offers a glimpse into this world, but there’s so much more to show, and we’ll have much more to share in the months ahead, including details about Atsu’s journey and the people (and animals) she’ll meet along the way. We are forever grateful for the success of Ghost of Tsushima, and we can’t wait for you all to experience Ghost of Yōtei in 2025.

Last edited:
Wait till they see Uncharted with Nathan Drake's transgender daughter.

I can see it now. Having to hunt down treasure in order to pay for your transition surgery. Plot twist you go to jail and the tax payer, pays for it.

hate to be that guy, but there were no women in medieval japan

This might surprise you but games are filled with things that could never happen in real life. Uncharted would have ended with Drake dying in the first encounter because killing 20 dudes with assault rifles as one guy isn't happening.

Last edited:

nial

Well, we lasted a whole 4 posts before you lot couldn't bear to play as a woman
It's tiring, lmao.
I think Sucker Punch has made it clear with this trailer that the series is 'Ghost of', not 'Ghost of Tsushima' and it's not only about Jin (or this new protagonist for that matter).

Lupin25

This looks pretty cool. Maybe a descendant of Jin...

Maybe taking the "Ghost" moniker/persona to different timelines could give the series even more variety in terms of narrative, weapons, villains, etc.

coachmcguirk91

Neo Member
I really really wanted to like the first game. The story itself was awesome, but the gameplay loop was boring as fuck. By the 2nd area you are an unkillable god and it's the same quest over and over and over again. They gotta do something to mix it up in this game.
I found the combat really satisfying GOT, especially compared to any Assassins Creed game, but I agree it can be heavily improved upon. In the trailer they showed the protagonist wielding dual swords and a Kurigsawa, as well as firearms. I'm optimistic it will be greatly improved upon

YCoCg

Also, remember, don't judge picture quality from YouTube, these events always have bitch basic compression, wait for screenshots or a deeper analysis from an uncompressed source.

Top Bottom