• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

Reaseru

No way is this GoT 2...

This is the 'Miles Morales' & 'Lost Legacy' of the GoT series. It has a different name entirely.

Will be a shorter $40 experience.

Well, Ghost of Tsushima 2 this is not. Doesn't take place in Tsushima

Your theory may be right... Sucker Punch isn't calling it a sequel to GoT, but a new game of the Ghost series.

Who knows, after this, we can get the continuation of Jin adventure...

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Pretty obvious the route they are going by doing this.

Jin appears at the end of Yotei and you have Ghost of Tsushima 2 with dual protagonists.

Last edited:
If this was a japanese game, a female samurai wouldn't be an issue. But it's a game made in the woke capital of the world. I just can't trust western devs to not infuse their game with woke propaganda.

Pretty obvious the route they are going by doing this.

Jin appears at the end of Yotei and you have Ghost of Tsushima 2 with dual protagonists.
He's dead. It's set centuries after tsushima.

Last edited:

seb85

Neo Member
Check your eyes. This game look way better than the original. At time it's cg like. This gota be run on the Pro. Look how clean the image is.
You check your eyes , look at the gameplay part they don't look sharp and crisp , the only time when it look like CGI it's in the cutscenes

GYRqjbUbMAAs3L4

tenor.gif

Art style + music [check]
Japanese Samurai x Western like guns, Akira inspired theme [check]

I feel like the more I see Sony 1st party titles they more I desire for a PS5 Pro.

Also, 2025 is going to be insane for PS5 Pro users huh?

- GTA 6
- Ghost of Yotei
- Death Stranding 2
- Monster Hunter Wildlands
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance II
- Like a Dragon, Pirate Themed
- DOOM, Dark Ages
- Indiana Jones
- Mafia Old Country

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
And this is with most people.

I understand they need to create something fresh from a new character, but I still think it is really a bad decision.

People wanted to play as Jin in feudal Japan. People are attached to his story and at least want to see a sequel. Don't fix something that not broken. This gona alienate many old players.
People would complain when developers do the same thing again, calling it glorified DLC. People complain when they do something new. 🤦‍♂️

All I give a shit about is if the game is good or not, I'm pretty certain this will be. Socket Punch are one of the studios I trust with a day one purchase.

paolo11

I love it. I love Ghost part 1.

Now for the Pro portion, I’m happy RE4 will get the treatment. Still waiting for FF16 and FF 7 Remake. Also Street Fighter 6

Astray

Well, we lasted a whole 4 posts before you lot couldn't bear to play as a woman
It's utterly pathetic tbh.

Honestly, looked like more of the same, I was expecting a lot more from sucker punch considering the first game was cross platform. I dropped off the original game about 70% towards the end as the gameplay loop started to get stale. Hoping Suckerpunch can really mix things up a bit with this one, in their defence I guess it's hard to make Feudal Japan look different from.. Feudal Japan.
It wasn't cross platform at all.

The og game came out on PS4, then got an enhanced PS5 version.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Interesting choice of music in the trailer. It's got the vibe of an Ennio Morricone western soundtrack instead of a Japanese samurai movie. Some of the shots in the trailer were meant to invoke a western movie as well. Take the shot below, that entrance evokes the image of a lone gunslinger entering a saloon.

AxW8uAT.jpeg

western.jpg

Top Bottom