• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective |OT| Spoiler: The Main Character Dies

dream

I hate you guys. But not as much as I hate having to import North American games within North America. :(

Luigi87

dream said:

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Nintendo DS)
WebID: 10150112
Pre-Orders: Estimated release date: 03/15/2011

Canada am cry. :(

Ditto sadness, but at least FutureShop as it at $29.99, vs $34.99 of the other retailers.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even notice that March month, I looked solely at the day @_@

EDIT 2: Actually, I ordered from FutureShop anyhow, and it says Scheduled for Ground (Estimated arrival date(s) 01/17-01/26/2011)
So I think that is supposed to be 01/15/2011 on their site.

piratepwnsninja said:
Mine is being delivered to work today!

Except we had an ice storm and they closed the office.
th_357-hit-head-on-keyboard-sign.gif

Picking up mine tomorrow. Excitement!

Jintor

Up to Time Period Five.

Game is fantastic. Animations are wonderful. Characters are pleasantly bizarre. Everything's awesome. Puzzles are great.

Screw it, I love everything about this game.

RedSwirl

Do we know if there will be a US iOS version? If that does happen then I'll probably prefer it on that platform.

Is the DS demo still available on the Nintendo Channel?

Volcynika

ShockingAlberto said:
SNOWSTORM CAUSED MY SHIPMENT TO DELAY

GOD, YOU PROMISED THE SOUTH WOULD BE FINE

:lol

My MP3 player already got delayed by the ice/snow in the southeast here, and I'm sure Ghost Trick has as well, since this was the last update I got on Amazon tracking:

Nashville TN
Arrival Scan - Jan 11, 2011 3:07:00 AM

Was estimated for today. :/

I AM JOHN! said:
Best Buy's website didn't list it when I checked it earlier, so I got worried that they'd do the same thing they did with Ace Attorney Investigations and not get it in.

Has anyone had any luck at Best Buy? I checked one where I am and they didn't have it in, and it's still not on their website...

I have a Reward Zone that expires in a couple weeks.

Junior Asparagus said:
Has anyone had any luck at Best Buy? I checked one where I am and they didn't have it in, and it's still not on their website...

I have a Reward Zone that expires in a couple weeks.
It's not listed at all on the website. Toys R Us has it listed though and so does Gamestop.

Those are the only two major stores that carry it. Wal-Mart, Target, or even K-Mart doesn't have it either.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, my copy shipped, but no clue who long it will take to get here. While I still have free 2 Day shipping, I have a PO Box now, so its all standard from here on out.

lucablight said:
I was a bit worried after reading the Gameinformer review but every other review seems to be positive so far which is good.

Avoiding GI reviews has been proven to promote healthy living.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If I missed this i'm sorry, but Gamespot gave it a 9

Gamespot said:
Dead men, the saying goes, tell no tales. Luckily, this old adage doesn't apply to the recently deceased central character of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. In Ghost Trick, you take control of a soul who has no memory of his prior life and is desperate to uncover the truth behind his mysterious death. This investigation takes the form of a unique adventure game filled with terrific characters, compelling puzzles, and a labyrinthine mystery that keeps you guessing and that pays off in a big way. Don't let the fact that the main character is dead mislead you: this lively adventure is a breath of fresh air. You've never played a game quite like Ghost Trick.

Wired's review surprisingly awful.

For me, the linearity of the game was one of its biggest appeals. It's nowhere near the life commitment that FFXIII is, and not nearly as hand-holding and wordy.

Sheesh!

jgkspsx

adversesolutions said:
Wired's review surprisingly awful.

For me, the linearity of the game was one of its biggest appeals. It's nowhere near the life commitment that FFXIII is, and not nearly as hand-holding and wordy.

Sheesh!
Yeah, though admittedly having played just the two demos, I don't know where the heck he's going with that.

Game|Life isn't nearly as fun as it used to be. It no longer feels like the Kohler show.

STG!

Picked this one up on the way home from work.

I'm already in
Chapter 5
right now and if this pace continues... wow. It definitely feels like a PW game in spirit (oh). That said, knowing how those games can sometimes be I decided to avoid a lot of media (I think I saw the initial trailer way back when) and so I didn't exactly know what to expect from this game. The problem solving in this one is quite interesting and very different so far when compared to PW, Ghost Trick focuses much more on experimenting with your surroundings and finding the right timing of events rather than noticing flaws and contradictions in testimony. When it clicks, I gotta say it's quite satisfying.

The story seems great so far, the characters so far have come off very likable and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next. Plus there seems to be lots of little dialog to be found along the way. The animation and art direction is wonderful, the game stands out brilliantly here: the way the characters and objects move reminds me of Out Of This World. Soundtrack, again, from what I've heard I'm enjoying a lot.

So far my impression: it's excellent.

Oh, and one small cameo that I came across so far:
MISSILE
!!!

Ruzai

In Chapter 3 now and absolutely loving it. By far my favorite moment thus far is Missile
's attempt to make his own path.

The animations really are fantastic.

I'm probably not even close to finished with Ghost Trick but I can already tell it's miles ahead of AA2 and AAI
2roouqh.jpg

Graphics are flawless; story is stupendous, etc.

Crumpet Trumpet said:
I'm probably not even close to finished with Ghost Trick but I can already tell it's miles ahead of AA2 and AAI
2roouqh.jpg

Graphics are flawless; story is stupendous, etc.
AA2 and AAI...are you referring to the Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth games?

Jonnyram

Captain N said:
I hope we don't have to wait 4 months before we get this on the US APP Store
More like six.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
AA2 and AAI...are you referring to the Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth games?
Ohh, I meant Justice for All and Miles Edgeworth....I actually liked Apollo Justice quite a bit though *shrug*

Chesskid1

Banned
i haven't kept track of the reviews but i have played the demo which showed alot of the gameplay that you do.

do you spend the ENTIRE game doing the same ghost trick stuff where you move inbetween objects/manipulate objects and the game is pretty much story driven or do they add more deeper layers of gameplay elements? i'd prefer more story driven to be honest.

i know my grammar is horrible, but it'll do.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jonnyram said:
More like six.

Eh, I want to get this one for my DS. I own practically every adventure game on the platform, so its nice to round things out.

X1hCn.jpg

Volcynika said:
Gomu Gomu WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.
he's started something ... something that will very soon be a bannable offense

<Follow me on Twatter>
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif

paOS-1e-74-12e.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Mr. Spinnington said:
he's started something ... something that will very soon be a bannable offense

I will never understand the appeal of having a line of repeating animated emoti-whatever things in a signature. Its so...so...myspace. (Then again, signatures as a whole are)

X1hCn.jpg

i have no idea what you're talking about, sigs are an art and if you can't appreciate them then you don't have anything nice to say so you shouldn't be saying anything at all
smiley-angelic009.gif

<Follow me on Twatter>
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif
emoticon-games-018.gif

paOS-1e-74-12e.gif

Jintor

Wired doesn't seem to understand that the frustration of getting to place to place is actually part of the puzzle

Game Informer on the other hand is just pants on head retarded

zigg

Jintor said:
Wired doesn't seem to understand that the frustration of getting to place to place is actually part of the puzzle

Game Informer on the other hand is just pants on head retarded
Wait, people are complaining about traversal being frustrating?

*mind blown*

LiK

apparently my order from amazon was delivered but i didn't get it. gonna wait another day or two and hope the status is a mistake. FU LASERSHIP!!!!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Going out to see if any stores might have it in a minute. Hope I don't get disappointed, hype kinda rose big time last few days

Top Bottom