• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters Review Thread [Certified Fresh - 75%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

I am a doubter, and after reading some reviews i still doubt this movie is any good. Im with james rolfe on this, movie should have had another name. Looks like a redbox, so ill check it out when it comes there.

Toa TAK

Banned
Don't worry man, I got you

HJFzV4k.png
Oh man, I was LOOKING for this!

G-Fex

I am a doubter, and after reading some reviews i still doubt this movie is any good. Im with james rolfe on this, movie should have had another name. Looks like a redbox, so ill check it out when it comes there.

I wonder when super fanboy is going to see this.

He's going to you know.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

So basically you wouldn't have seen it if the reviews were bad. And wouldn't have seen it if the reviews were good. Interesting.

I hope the film does well. I do wish it was a sequel instead of a reboot, but the backlash against the film is ridiculous. It's a movie.

deli2000

Well I for one am glad that you popped in to this review thread for a film to say that you don't care about the reviews about said film. Well done you.

All my friends keep pointing me to the Youtube guy that reviewed it with the arm tats like he's fucking Ebert 2.0 or some shit.

"Reviews are solid, guys."

"But have you seen THIS one"
"You should watch the Red Letter Media reviews"
"Have you even seen Titanfall?"

Also not surprising you find kinship with Rolfe both of you think it's very important to let everyone know that you won't be seeing it no matter what!

Nudull

Banned
I love James Rolfe, but i find it hilarious that the dude swears off seeing a Ghostbusters film by a solid creative team, yet reviews the most recent Ninja Turtles film which was just as shit as the first.

Standards and all that, I guess.

That video he made was not a smart move. Even worse that detractors used him as a martyr.

pompidu

So basically you wouldn't have seen it if the reviews were bad. And wouldn't have seen it if the reviews were good. Interesting.

There is good reviews and bad reviews. Whats your point.

Well I for one am glad that you popped in to this review thread for a film to say that you don't care about the reviews about said film. Well done you.

This is a forum, go read a static website if opinions dont interest you.

Sanjuro

All my friends keep pointing me to the Youtube guy that reviewed it with the arm tats like he's fucking Ebert 2.0 or some shit.

These men are pawns.

Fury451

Banned
Well, glad it's turning out better than expected. Still not convinced I need to see it at a full theater price, but I'll keep it on my radar now.

Still though....those trailers have all been horrible and still makes the movie look like garbage. Sony needs to restructure their advertising people if that's the best they could do.

They should reboot BronsonLee

they'll get it right this time maybe

I already did a hard reboot of the BCU in spring!

People that use 50PPP shouldn't judge those that use Light Theme. No one is perfect. Well, except for those with 100PPP and Dark Theme, of course.

I like my forums lean n mean, 100PPP is just too much

I have one response to your two new thoughts: "no, u."

<3 light theme

Why must you fight for the losing side :(

Busty

Banned
The idea that this amount of discourse is being generated by a Ghostbusters film of any description is utterly baffling to me.

Some people are talking as if they remade the Godfather with the puppets from Fraggle Rock. It's fucking Ghostbusters!

I liked Bridesmaid. I expect this to be similarly entertaining.

Catch ye'.

Still though....those trailers have all been horrible and still makes the movie look like garbage. Sony needs to restructure their advertising people if that's the best they could do.
They should just let the international side handle every trailer. The US team is just hopeless.

User1608

Banned

LOL, someone did the same thing to me as a matter of fact. He also almost went into alt-right and SJW ramblings too but I nodded along, was nice about it and segued into a friendly disagreement on my end.

LOL, someone did the same thing to me as a matter of fact. He also almost went into alt-right and SJW ramblings too but I nodded along, was nice about it and segued into a friendly disagreement on my end.

Fuck it, we've had our gospel review for a few days now. Rotten Tomatoes is useless. Movie's terrible.

I love James Rolfe, but i find it hilarious that the dude swears off seeing a Ghostbusters film by a solid creative team, yet reviews the most recent Ninja Turtles film which was just as shit as the first.

Standards and all that, I guess.

His reasoning is pretty consistent, though. He wasn't going to watch TMNT 2, but saw they embraced the elements he loved about the cartoon. He sees the Ghostbusters reboot as not reflecting things he loved about the original, so he's not seeing it.

Dalek

His reasoning is pretty consistent, though. He wasn't going to watch TMNT 2, but saw they embraced the elements he loved about the cartoon. He sees the Ghostbusters reboot as not reflecting things he loved about the original, so he's not seeing it.

Who is he, The Queen of Sheba?

call me crazy, but I can very vividly imagine the outrage of "why the hell did they make this knock-off instead of making a real ghostbusters movie"

Wereroku

The idea that this amount of discourse is being generated by a Ghostbusters film of any description is utterly baffling to me.

Some people are talking as if they remade the Godfather with the puppets from Fraggle Rock. It's fucking Ghostbusters!

I liked Bridesmaid. I expect this to be similarly entertaining.

Catch ye'.

Is there somewhere I can kickstart this? Grandpa fraggle would be the godfather right? Or would you go with the trash heap? Ohhh then you even have a female in the traditionally male role.

pompidu

You got me there. I hate opinions. I'll just keep quiet and unresponsive to your sacred opinions in the future, like in a true discussion forum.

You mocked me, instead of having a discussion with me or an opinion.

Im glad that the movie isn't a disaster, cause from the trailers thats what it lookedd like.

He made a ridiculous event video about it.
I mean do whatever you want but making some weird video about not seeing a movie out of principle or whatever was bizarre.

Like come on the title was No I Refuse like he was taking some huge brave stance.

TMNT 2 doesn't reflect like... much of anything I like about TMNT apart from the turtles' personalities. It was a fun enough movie, but a pretty bad film. James is very nostalgia driven, and while there's nothing wrong with that, it's personally a bit shallow for me. Like the new TMNT stuff has gotten a lot of hate and he was against it at first I think, but since he saw Bebop and Rocksteady in the new one that it was worth checking out.

That doesn't have a lick of more substance to me than saying "I'll go see Ghostbusters because I saw some ghosts and proton packs in the trailers." The Ghostbusters trailers are full of Ghostbustery things too.

User1608

Banned
Fuck it, we've had our gospel review for a few days now. Rotten Tomatoes is useless. Movie's terrible.
Yep:p I was super excited about the concept of the new GB but became a bit leery upon the trailers. Reading the reviews and I'm just glad it seems there's a decent, new film in the franchise after decades.

That's not to say the criticisms aren't valid, no movie is perfect after all. I guess I was always a bit in the middle when it came to this.

Dalek

He made a ridiculous event video about it.
I meam do whatever you want but making some weird video about not seeing a movie out of principle or whatever was bizarre.

Like come on the title was No I Refuse like he was taking some huge brave stance.

Complete with scowl and sourpuss.

"I REFUSE."

Wereroku

Consistent shit reasoning isn't any better then just plain shit reasoning. He is pretty die hard about a lot of stupid shit he is just usually quieter about it.

I have a feeling someone is gonna pay for Rolfe to see the movie and he's gonna be like "well golly, that wasn't the vomit dog feces putrid shit stain on a turd sand which laced with cat urine and blended with scotch and piss that I thought it was gonna be."

Even if he does see it he probably won't say shit because he made such a stupid stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom