• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The weird part of that was they met on the tube. You know, the one place human interaction goes to die.

I've have had conversations with complete strangers on the train before.

Admittedly I thought they were weird and i wished that they would just leave me alone, but it happens!

Brashnir

Because of Divinity: Original Sin.

"No one has as many friends as a man with many cheeses!"

Should've just meteor'ed the entire market square before I finished the game.

OK, you win. I can find no fault with this.

I still need to finish that game.

Rapstah

How the hell are you supposed to find the first part of Backflips 'n BioForge? Only the UPF where they played it and parts 02 and 03 are actually linked to the game.

Edit: apparently the search field you get when you click "videos" is different from the big search field on the top of the screen. This is the opposite of good design.

Brashnir

How the hell are you supposed to find the first part of Backflips 'n BioForge? Only the UPF where they played it and parts 02 and 03 are actually linked to the game.

Edit: apparently the search field you get when you click "videos" is different from the big search field on the top of the screen. This is the opposite of good design.

You can change what you're searching for in the main screen search field by hitting the options button. It defaults to the wiki.

popo

Yeah, it's getting a bit weird.
Are other people also constantly talking about that? I almost seems a bit....pushy.
Not that I would complain if they actually would hire Cara, it just....feels weird.

So what? Her and Giant Bomb are a perfect match. I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather see there more. Let her "self-promote" (I don't think that's what she's doing necessarily) if she thinks it'll help. I sure hope it does.

Nothing inherently wrong with using it to raise her own profile but she knows her nationality is an issue and I think she should mention it more in order to temper fan expectations.

Not sure why he isn't simply keeping the one they got last week...

It belongs to the company. I am sure they get appropriated by staff at some companies but accepting $500 promotional items is one reason used to brand gaming press as corrupt.

Brashnir

Okay, that seems to work too.

My mind was blown the first time I noticed the options button there. They made it more prominent in the meantime, but it is still a bit confusing and easy to overlook. No idea why the first B&B video isn't linked on the Bioforge page though. Must just be an oversight.

It belongs to the company. I am sure they get appropriated by staff at some companies but accepting $500 promotional items is one reason used to brand gaming press as corrupt.

I think it absolutely sucks that Sony sent these extremely limited edition consoles to news outlets. At best this thing will probably just sit in a CBSi closet forever.

popo

I think it absolutely sucks that Sony sent these extremely limited edition consoles to news outlets. At best this thing will probably just sit in a CBSi closet forever.

It was cheap publicity for them. I think GB and a lot of other outlets will use them - they always need spare consoles.

On one hand I agree that it means less supply for fans to buy. On the other, it is a completely artificial supply constraint. Sony set the number to produce. They could well have set that limit higher factoring in promotional units. They clearly set out to spark a feeding frenzy for publicity - if not they would have added a zero to the production run.

Myggen

My mind was blown the first time I noticed the options button there. They made it more prominent in the meantime, but it is still a bit confusing and easy to overlook. No idea why the first B&B video isn't linked on the Bioforge page though. Must just be an oversight.

For a long time it was linked on the Wiki, but at something broke at some point I guess.

Renpatsu

Hypothetical scenerio: You* have imbibed copious amounts of sake and other assorted alcoholic beverages and are now ready to partake in a great marathon of Giant Bomb video content. What do you watch???

*I

Brashnir

Hypothetical scenerio: You* have imbibed copious amounts of sake and other assorted alcoholic beverages and are now ready to partake in a great marathon of Giant Bomb video content. What do you watch???

*I

Fortune Street TNT
Mario Party Party 1 and/or 2
Operation Supply Drop segments featuring Lifeguard

Renpatsu

Still laughing at this moment it was just TO perfect :D

2706723-mount-upf.gif

Ok seeing that GIF I take back my earlier statements of thinking Dan threw the game. It's clear he was trying to move with Y but for whatever reason it's not responding. Heartbreaking stuff.

Wunder

Ok seeing that GIF I take back my earlier statements of thinking Dan threw the game. It's clear he was trying to move with Y but for whatever reason it's not responding. Heartbreaking stuff.

What happened was he tried to clamber over Shoemaker ridge but got tangled a little bit near the crest, so when he reaches over for the last toss, his arm doesn't fully extend because he didn't focus on that, and as he tries to move his legs he realizes nothing is stuck on and panics and then presses b instead of first securing himself with his arm. If you're in free fall or mid-fling, you cannot move any limbs, so it is imperative that you're spread eagle or at least have an appendage wide to catch something simply because you don't want to be in that situation and also because it gives you a much better set-up than if you land with 3 or 4 appendages clinging to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom