• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renpatsu

I wonder what the Gamespot audience thinks of Jeff and Dan talking about licking snail trails and eating poop for what seems like the majority of The Crew quick look.

They should all read Dune and record a Bomb After Reading on it. It is my favorite novel and it's a fantastic piece of litterature. I would just love to hear their thoughts on it.

Gaming side is becoming so sad to browse nowadays, so much console warzzz.
I never want to post there, because it seems so hostile to differing opinions.

Yeah, so many threads just seem to devolve into system wars/general pissing contests. Add the fact that I'm not that into game OT's (when I'm interested in a thread I want to be able to read all posts in it, and that'll never happen with a popular OT) and I don't even visit gaming that much these days. Just check the titles a couple of times per day to see if there's any news I've missed.

Brakke

Banned
The SF mob is going to lynch Dan for mocking their tolerance to strong weather.

Dude's asking for it though. Being a total prick. Some poor old lady's going to get a tree through her Chevy while Dan's across the street laughing. Hope she isn't in it when it happens.

Aerocrane

The Crew looks mediocre through and through. The idea of an open world car RPGy thing is interesting enough, but Ubisoft definitely didn't pull it off well.
It seems fitting that the game's mediocre considering the pedigree of the developers. Ivory Tower is ex-Eden Games people, who made Test Drive Unlimited. The Crew is very much based on those games, which were also considered mediocre.

How about instead of The Crew and all these other shitty open world racing games they just make another Burnout Paradise
It's more likely that you'll just get more Need For Speeds that have taken elements from Burnout Paradise.
The only reason The Crew got made is because former Eden Games employees formed Ivory Tower and wanted to make another Test Drive Unlimited. I hope Ubisoft Reflections can make a Driver game for the new consoles, I really liked Driver: San Francisco.

Ketch

Yea I don't know... everyone says the crew looks medicore, but I liked what I saw in the QL... I wish they showed more stuff in the city. I'll probably pick it up on sale at some point.

Myggen

Drawn to Death is a strange fight to pick. I'm shocked that anyone thought that game looked good by the trailer. The trailer seemed to get a largely negative reaction even on GAF.

Drawn to Death is a strange fight to pick. I'm shocked that anyone thought that game looked good by the trailer.

I'm shocked Sony thought it was a good idea for that to be the big closer. The realization that David Jaffe hunts ghosts in real life and named his new studio The Bartlett James Supernatural Detective Agency, and is NOT making that as his game was hilarious

danm999

Drawn to Death is a strange fight to pick. I'm shocked that anyone thought that game looked good by the trailer. The trailer seemed to get a largely negative reaction even on GAF.

The fact people were attempting to re-litigate Jeff's DriveClub review in there should tell you it's not really about Drawn to Death.

Myggen

I'm shocked Sony thought it was a good idea for that to be the big closer. The realization that David Jaffe hunts ghosts in real life and named his new studio The Bartlett James Supernatural Detective Agency, and is NOT making that as his game was hilarious

Yeah, I'd be very interested in that game.

What even is the weather in kansas?

In Scotland it is getting crazy bad

The weather in Kansas can get pretty bad.

Myggen

The new Idle Thumbs episode with Patrick is up. Didn't see that posted here yet.

To someone who has lived in Kansas and Minnesota, people freaking out over what many places would just call a strong thunderstorm would seem silly.

It's the same here in Norway. People in the north of the country laugh at people in the south of Norway freaking out every year when it begins snowing. You can make the argument that the reason people are freaking out is because the infrastructure isn't good enough to handle that kind of weather (in SF at least), but I suspect it's mostly people whining.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The fact people were attempting to re-litigate Jeff's DriveClub review in there should tell you it's not really about Drawn to Death.

If Drawn to Death wasn't an exclusive, I doubt anybody would care that much. Same with DriveClub. But since they both ARE exclusive it itsn't just a critic of a game anymore, it's a critic of a lifestyle. A critice of your believes.
Blerg.
I would actually call myself a Nintendo fanboy, yet weirdly enough I don't break out in sweats of rage when Jeff says he hates Yoshi or doesn't like Smash Bros. But I guess I'm just weird.

If Drawn to Death wasn't an exclusive, I doubt anybody would care that much. Same with DriveClub. But since they both ARE exclusive it itsn't just a critic of a game anymore, it's a critic of a lifestyle. A critice of your believes.
Blerg.
I would actually call myself a Nintendo fanboy, yet weirdly enough I don't break out in sweats of rage when Jeff says he hates Yoshi or doesn't like Smash Bros. But I guess I'm just weird.

Did they even release the Driveclub PS+ version? Boy what a disaster that launch was.

Blerg.

How do you feel about Destiny being better than SMG in every way?

Rapstah

Every subcommunity has moments where someone goes "wow guys, the other forums have turned bad and I'm exclusively surfing X-GAF now". The other forums were always like this. You just got used to everyone mostly agreeing and being nice to each other because it'd be awkward if two of the ten people in a given subcommunity were openly hostile to each other.

demidar

Every subcommunity has moments where someone goes "wow guys, the other forums have turned bad and I'm exclusively surfing X-GAF now". The other forums were always like this. You just got used to everyone mostly agreeing and being nice to each other because it'd be awkward if two of the ten people in a given subcommunity were openly hostile to each other.

It's not that, disagreements are fine. The problem is the lack of respect where it's easier to disparage other people because you don't know them very well (as opposed to a community where people can establish identities and being a dick will get you called out).

The amount of pop/fade in of shadows, trees etc in The Crew is a bummer. Did I miss them calling that out in the QL? It was happening constantly & very obviously, don't know if I just missed them mentioning it.

Aerocrane

Yea I don't know... everyone says the crew looks medicore, but I liked what I saw in the QL... I wish they showed more stuff in the city. I'll probably pick it up on sale at some point.

I'm not saying the game is mediocre because I dislike it. I think The Crew is great, since I loved open world racing games like Test Drive Unlimited and FUEL. I never had any server issues, but the game doesn't need to be always online since Test Drive Unlimited games were very similar and didn't require a internet connection. I feel it's mediocre because it doesn't have great graphics, the AI is pretty badly designed in some events and the story is terrible. It doesn't exactly help that the default handling settings feel quite dull and imprecise. I love the massive open world with different terrains and the handling model is quite good, albeit arcade oriented, after modifying some settings. The variety of cars is great and the idea of the car having different specifications available is cool. The game could do with a few more cars though, 40 isn't that much.

Aerocrane

Test Drive Unlimited continues to prove it was ahead of its time, given how many design elements from it are now becoming standard.

The Crew is so much like Test Drive Unlimited because the development team at Ivory Tower has some former Eden Games people. The collectible car wrecks, the stunts counter and other stuff is taken directly from the Test Drive Unlimited games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom