• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Oh

I thought idarb came and went. Like I thought it was out months ago

Myggen

Jeff explained exactly why someone wouldn't enjoy it in modern times. It just...if you can't be open enough to see the value people hold for a film like Clerks it's just bizarre to me.

I've been on a big positive Dan kick for a while so it was bound to come back down with a crazy statement haha

Eh, to say that something is a terrible movie like he did is clearly his own feelings about the movie. I don't see how that in any way implies that he's not "open enough to see the value people hold for" the film.

AcridMeat

Banned
Eh, to say that something is a terrible movie like he did is clearly his own feelings about the movie. I don't see how that in any way implies that he's not "open enough to see the value people hold for" the film.
Yeah that's totally fair, and Drew did call him out on speaking in a...forgot the exact word he used but basically that he uses aggressive condescending language for things like that.

Myggen

Yeah that's totally fair, and Drew did call him out on speaking in a...forgot the exact word he used but basically that he uses aggressive condescending language for things like that.

Dismissive, maybe? But yeah, it's pretty clear to me that he isn't generalizing when saying something like that.

Is anybody else having issues with the featured windows on the home page? (Meaning the big four windows up the top.) A few days ago it went from 1 big one and 3 small ones to 2 windows side by side; right now there's nothing (screen). Just wanting to make sure it's a me thing and not a design thing before post in the site's bug forum.

I can't wait for the next episode of Metal Gear Scanlon where Raiden gets
pissed on.

Tragically there's a chance that might not happen
if Drew triggers an alert beforehand
:(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Clerks hasn't really aged well at all.

Completely true. And if I saw it after I'd been exposed to student film and what most movies with the same level of acting and production values as Clerks, I might not have given it a chance either. Luckily I did. Or unluckily, because that means I had to go through the last decade of Kevin Smith movies after loving the first decade of Kevin Smith movies. That's a hard turn.

Also Clerks Animated Series is one of the best shows ever made.

I really hate when Jeff and Brad pull the age card. I'm 23 and Clerks is what got me into caring about movies when I first saw it when I was 14. Maybe it's not an age thing, maybe it's just a Dan is stupid thing. Most things don't boil down to "time and place" so much as they do personal taste.

Pomo

I really hate when Jeff and Brad pull the age card. I'm 23 and Clerks is what got me into caring about movies when I first saw it when I was 14. Maybe it's not an age thing, maybe it's just a Dan is stupid thing. Most things don't boil down to "time and place" so much as they do personal taste.

That's kind of the natural progression, right? When you're younger, you hate the age card. When you're older, you're bound to pull it.

I love the first Clerks. It's a fantastic movie that holds up pretty well in my eyes.

Xeteh

I took it a different way, I don't think they pulled an age card. I'm someone who saw Clerks waaaay later and loved it. So I didn't see it as "this movie is garbage unless you were x years old when it came out". Then again, I totally disagreed with Dan on Kevin Smith. Yeah, his movies aren't great but I've enjoyed a few of them.

it'll be a little late, but at the end of this the whole group should just do a huge metal gear solid 2 spoilercast. it's too much to just do a debriefing.

that Lara Croft QL

on the subject of Horus.

Brad: "like other revered figures that came back to life"
Dan:
"like Big Boss"

*on the floor laughing*

Dan strikes again lol

he was more likely playing it up but still

Mully

I challenged Dave Lang. At 6:10AM on a Saturday morning.

He has to answer.

He must answer.

I will make him answer.

Please answer.

Myggen

Did you just call Dan stupid for not liking Clerk? Lol, weird thing to take so personally. You should look at the rules in the OP and stop acting like you're 14 again.

Massa

Did you just call Dan stupid for not liking Clerk? Lol, weird thing to take so personally. You should look at the rules in the OP and stop acting like you're 14 again.

Hey, don't pull out the age card! Some 14 year old might be offended.

Do they play co-op at all in that Temple of Osiris QL? They never seem to with games like that, despite them being heavily co-op focused. I'd be interested to watch it if they do as I haven't had the chance to play co-op yet.

hwy_61

Banned

Dan is stupid thing? Fuck off. Dan is an American hero.

After watching both P4 ER & VJ DP ER i have been wondering what was more funny/annoyed Jeff

Casting Bufu on Teddie

or

Using the Horn when chasing Nick

Many people will say Bufu was more funny/annoyed Jeff but i am going to say using the horn chasing Nick.

Failing the Nick chase was worse because of the shitty mission + waiting an ENTIRE day to do the mission again + The Horn being the reason they failed.

While the bufu moment was a mistake by Vinny in a fight they knew they were going to win anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom