• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

After watching both P4 ER & VJ DP ER i have been wondering what was more funny/annoyed Jeff

Casting Bufu on Teddie

or

Using the Horn when chasing Nick

Many people will say Bufu was more funny/annoyed Jeff but i am going to say using the horn chasing Nick.

Failing the Nick chase was worse because of the shitty mission + waiting an ENTIRE day to do the mission again + The Horn being the reason they failed.

While the bufu moment was a mistake by Vinny in a fight they knew they were going to win anyway.

I totally don't remember the horn bit from the DP ER - what episode is it?

TraBuch

Banned
If you wanna talk about Kevin Smith movies that haven't aged well, look no further than Mallrats. Honestly though, I enjoyed every Kevin Smith movie up to Zack and Miri. Cop Out was the start of the end.

Xater

Oh, they QLed Rock Boshers DX, nice! Been playing it on muh Vita.

How was UPF?

Great until the played #IDARB. I never get much enjoyment out of them playing stuff like that together because it mostly kills any discussion. The talk during Super Wolfenstein HD and Timeline was gold.

Great until the played #IDARB. I never get much enjoyment out of them playing stuff like that together because it mostly kills any discussion. The talk during Super Wolfenstein HD and Timeline was gold.

I had a hard time following IDARB. That game is too frantic for my old eyes.

Volotaire

I loved playing Guardian of Light co-op. Temple of Osiris seems to build up on some of the puzzle elements with the staff and being able to turn into a ball. I wonder how well it works 4 players. I always loved rolling in a circle and bombing the other players . Great fun.

Moldiver

Kevin Smiths early movies
Didn't look good when they were released in the first place lol.

Recently came across Bio Dome, man that movie is a pile of shit now (prolly was back then but being a kid, I loved it)

Moldiver

My g/f watches Clerks quite often and I still laugh at it, generally I don't grow out of movies. Shit I'm 28 and watched...and enjoyed Good Burger recently

Xater

My g/f watches Clerks quite often and I still laugh at it, generally I don't grow out of movies. Shit I'm 28 and watched...and enjoyed Good Burger recently

Clerks never worked for me. I do consider Chasing Amy and Dogma great though. Red State like i said is also really good but it's the least Kevin Smith movie he has ever made. It also actually looks good.

Renpatsu

Did folks not like Chasing Amy? It's one of his most mature films.

Edit: I feel like Red State would be better regarded had Smith lopped off his lopsided epilogue and left the ending as ambiguous as possible.

Xater

Edit: I feel like Red State would be better regarded had Smith lopped off his lopsided epilogue and left the ending as ambiguous as possible.

Lots of people also didn't like the long sermon Parks gives in Red State. For me it works, because of the performance and it probably is the scariest sermon you'll ever witness.

daydream

Banned
Am I crazy or did Brad at one point say that the *final* (not the first) GOTYcast drops Dec 26? Since Ren and I are doing the GOTY thread, I'd be good to know when the madness is actually starting.

Tamanon

Banned

Chasing Amy is one of my favorite movies, period, not just from Kevin Smith.

I had to turn UPF off during IDARB because I was... enjoying my friday... and not able to handle whatever clusterfuck was happening on screen.

Brashnir

Chasing Amy is one of my favorite movies, period, not just from Kevin Smith.

One of mine as well, though it's pretty tough to re-watch the back half of it. Not because it's bad, but because it was supposed to be hard to watch some of those scenes unfold.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It seems like a terrible idea to incorporate live tweets into a videogame.

Somewhere at the start I saw a gamergate tweet and started to get worried.

There were settings to not display the chat, or to only display the commands that affect the game. It'd probably be best for larger streams to change those settings.

?

he's right, TB breakfeast sucks. taco bell isnt the only place that sells breakfast tacos

That was more my point. Drew said breakfast tacos exist, and Dan's response was that Taco Bell breakfast sucks. There are other places to get breakfast tacos that are good. Like any other place.

Dany

Banned
waluigi is your bottom bitch

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Cleaks was ok but I can see why it might me hard to go back to.

And the only think I remember about Mallrats was I had a bit of a crush on Shannen Doherty after I watched it.

Mully

Dave Lang. You lovable monster.

AM Steak Crunchwrap is pretty okay for a morning where you just really hate yourself and want to stuff your fat fucking face with shit food. It's also got the Jalepeno sauce that's in regular quesadillas and that makes life worth living.

Taco Bell coffee is awful, but pairs well with the feeling of loneliness as you realize you chose to eat Taco Bell breakfast in this parking lot at 9AM on a Tuesday. You had a goddamn choice and you chose the worst for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom