• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Minor spoilers for MGS2 and MGS in general about 1:13-1:15 into the podcast. They give enough warning so it shouldn't be a problem, but just a heads up for people following MGScanlon for the first time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So after that Idle Thumbs episode featuring Patrick, can we assume that
Alien: Isolation and Donkey Kong got snubbed?
in the GotYs?

Myggen

in the GotYs?

That would be very unsurprising. But I didn't get that from the podcast, might just have missed it.

Bacon

in the GotYs?

Haven't listened to that podcast but neither of those would surprise me in the slightest.

TraBuch

Banned
Kinda weird that there was no mention of the $500K purse next year during that entire Capcom Cup discussion. Especially when talking about the eSports stuff.

xanavi

It's okay. We barely even acknowledge Jason in the OP.
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

That would be very sad.
Starting 2015 with a bang!

Man, I feel for Drew. He's struggling so hard to keep track of all this MGS nonsense.
I can't imagine I understood much of this back in the day, but I feel I grasp it better now. Dan's 40% calling is probably right. That final stretch is going to give us so many great gifs of Drew reactions, hahaha

Myggen

Man, I feel for Drew. He's struggling so hard to keep track of all this MGS nonsense.
I can't imagine I understood much of this back in the day, but I feel I grasp it better now. Dan's 40% calling is probably right. That final stretch is going to give us so many great gifs of Drew reactions, hahaha

That last stretch is probably the most insane info dump I've ever experienced in any type of media.

Mr. F

Banned

As someone who played through MGS2 for the first time last month, these breakdown talks at the end of each Scanlon episode are a godsend for the stuff I had forgotten about/missed in the relentless info dumps.

That last stretch is probably the most insane info dump I've ever experienced in any type of media.

Yeahhh. Can't wait. I had no prior knowledge of it going in (never followed MGS that closely) so I was just reeling.

The debriefing after the ending of MGS2 should be its own hour long episode of Dan and Drew in front of a whiteboard with Drew trying to work out the plot of the game.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brad already defending Destiny 30 minutes into this podcast

the GOTY podcast(s) is sure to be a bloodbath
3H1G4I3.png

Kirlia

Banned
Recently started playing Tomodachi Life, and got this gem via Quirky Questions:

B5AvjgRCUAEbs4z.jpg

Guy in the parka is Drew, and Dan, coincidentally, is asking the question.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Dan bought toy revolvers and carried them around school to be more like Revolver Ocelot.

No no, let's get this right. I bought them when I was a sophomore or junior in COLLEGE and sat in my dorm room and twirled the toy revolvers. I was cool.

I can take Jeff's anti-Yoshi stance. I can tolerate his aversion to inverting controls. I can even forgive his shafting of Best Game of Last Generation, Red Dead Redemption, at every turn.

But to slag off Indian Pale Ale and hops?!? You've gone TOO FAR, MonsterDunk!

Dazzler

Hey Dan, when you go to Ireland, there's legit a leprechaun museum in the city centre in Dublin

Get Danny to bring you, he'll LOVE that

I can take Jeff's anti-Yoshi stance. I can tolerate his aversion to inverting controls. I can even forgive his shafting of Best Game of Last Generation, Red Dead Redemption, at every turn.

But to slag off Indian Pale Ale and hops?!? You've gone TOO FAR, MonsterDunk!
Finally, something Jeff and I can agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom