• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I think Drew's wrong about the grenade launcher. Spoilers for strategy against Vamp.
The grenade launcher actually makes this fight pitifully easy. When he comes up shoot him with grenade bullets. When he goes up on the balcony dodge all his knives then shoot him with a gun. When he goes down into the water AK him (both from first person). Claymores help as well when he walks.IT's only at the very end that it was a bit of a struggle since he went erratic.

Oh man

I just realised all of Otacon's dad's crap is gonna be explored in Phantom Pain

:lol

Especially because Ground Zeroes Spoilers
It's heavily implied that Huey is the one who sold Big Boss out. (And is getting tortured in a Phantom Pain trailer by Ocelot and Kaz)
Possibly to protect Strangelove
Who might be pregnant.
With Otacon.

really, the greatest boss drew will have to face in MGS2 is
the college professor kojima adores from his philosophy 101 course.
That, and Rose. and maybe the army of Rays defending Arsenal Gear.

Another Loadout QL? Is it different from the PC version that they already did or is it just a port?

it's based on the recently released PS4 version, which should also include the new coop mode.

Why was Drew so desperate to use the Nikita and not the Stinger right next to it? That experimentation.

I really think they need to do the next episode to the end of the game. It will be long and I know there is somewhat of a natural break right after the Rays but Drew has to descend into madness as far as he can go.

Also, lol at Drew's reaction to Otacon fucking his step-mom.

Just expressing my sincere gratitude for MGScanlon. It's great to finally witness this madness, with funny commentary, since I can tell the game would probably drive me crazy to play. Ryckert and Scanlon, I salute you.

KingKong

It seems like MGS2 bosses are way easier than MGS1. Maybe it's because they do a lot less damage per hit, or he just has more rations, but it seems like even if Drews's not doing well he can still stretch the fight to like 10 minutes and just beat them that way

Jintor

You know, I barely remember anything out of MGS4 in terms of overall moments except a few things:

1. Microwave tunnel
2. Fistfighting liquid snake and going through the history of metal gear games on top of arsenal gear or something
3. Meryl and Johnny's extremely stupid but kind of funny final shootout
4. Sunny cooks eggs
5. Raiden is a ninja
6. Ocelot finger pistols

That's it. That's the sum total of what I remember. Man, MGS1 - 3 sticks out so much more in my head for some reason.

Anyway: should I get Ground Zeroes now or wait until it's inevitably packed in with Phantom Pain in like a year and a half when I actually have a PC to run it on?

You'd be surprised.

It'd be great if these guys only advertised stuff they would actually use, but some of these are like, really, guys? A diagnostics dongle for your car? None of you are gonna use that shit.

Nature box and crunchyroll are the only two I see them using.

EDIT: I didn't know Jeff owned that goddamn dongle.

they need to get in on the mangrate

dan make it happen. make norm proud.

Mully

That's a t-shirt GB user Fobwashed made for PAX two(?) years ago.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to get Fobwashed to make their next t-shirt. That man has made some really great GB themed t-shirts (the gamebomb.ru t-shirt, the Rocky themed Dan t-shirt, the Papers Please GB t-shirt etc.).

I think he made the Limited Edition GameBomb.RU shirts thrown out at PAX Prime this year.

I'm not 100% sure but I think he was involved with the GB East shirt too.

so1337

You forgot the part that
She nearly drowned trying to save her parapelegic stepfather, who drove his wheelchair into the swimming pool to commit suicide as he knew his wife and son were fucking upstairs.

(There's also an implication that Octacon's stepmom was sexing him because Huey can't get a boner due to his condition, so she was sex starved.)
How could I have forgotten about that part? You know, the fucked up part. Uhh.
When does this happen. I want to see Dan's face too.
First 5 minutes of Part 11.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You know, I barely remember anything out of MGS4 in terms of overall moments except a few things:

That's it. That's the sum total of what I remember. Man, MGS1 - 3 sticks out so much more in my head for some reason.

That's probably on account of MGS 4 being a terrible, terrible, awful game that needed somebody to chain Kojima in a room while they cut everything down to 10% of its runtime.

Disgrace to your name.
You forgot the part that
She nearly drowned trying to save her parapelegic stepfather, who drove his wheelchair into the swimming pool to commit suicide as he knew his wife and son were fucking upstairs.

(There's also an implication that Octacon's stepmom was sexing him because Huey can't get a boner due to his condition, so she was sex starved.)
Hey. Remember when Ground Zeros came out and people though the stuff with Pax was messed up and out of place in Metal Gear?

Ahhhh...The mindless hater circle jerk of MGS 4 continues.

The last 3 acts of MGS4 are bloated beyond belief and only serve to effectively stroke Kojima's ego. Bunch of nonsense that takes forever to wind down and you barely play it.

I'll give you the first 2 acts, though. Possible the best chunk of MGS gameplay ever.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ahhhh...The mindless hater circle jerk of MGS 4 continues.

It's not mindless at all. I acknowledge the game's good points. The gameplay is solid and overall the game is excellent if you need for any reason to change your sleep schedule into a series of regular 30 minute naps.

bigkrev

I seem to recall shooting the Stinger into the water in the vamp fight would drain his O2 supply and stun gauge, even if you weren't hitting him.

Volotaire

I seem to recall shooting the Stinger into the water in the vamp fight would drain his O2 supply and stun gauge, even if you weren't hitting him.

At that point, it might be better to 'stun' him with the M9 and the PSG1-T if you're going the stun route instead of killing.

Does the game somehow acknowledge stunning the bosses instead of killing them?

I don't remember if it did in MGS2, but it definitely did in MGS3 and you got cool new camo stuff. Also changes end game stats.

There is no cut scene change, deviating story, or anything if that's what you're asking no.

AngryMoth

Man, it is cool seeing all the foreshadowing in mgs2 now I've finished it. Specifically Emma's line this episode about
there being an experiment in the next few days to gather data for GW

Next episode is going to be fucking bonkers. The wait for it will be grueling.

Oh man

I just realised all of Otacon's dad's crap is gonna be explored in Phantom Pain

:lol

Well not the suicide part, unless the game takes place over more than a decade. Otacon was born in 1980 and Phantom Pain takes place in 1984. Otacon was probably having the affair with Emma's mother when he was around 17 or 18, so towards the late nineties. That said, I do expect the game to explore his relationship with Strangelove and the birth of his son, at least a little bit.

Man, it is cool seeing all the foreshadowing in mgs2 now I've finished it. Specifically Emma's line this episode about
there being an experiment in the next few days to gather data for GW

It looked like Dan noticed that too. It's pretty cool the stuff you pick up on after you've played it once.

Liamc723

It really bugs me when Dan calls the games, "Metal Gear 1", "Metal Gear 2" and "Metal Gear 3". It's Metal Gear Solid they're playing, and Metal Gear 3 doesn't even exist.

president%20johnson.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom