• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Mordor. It was pretty fun.

It should have had a hard mode or something though.

I don't think it was the best thing this year, but I enjoyed it.

Edit oh hey he talked about how they probably needed that

So Mordor is Gamespot's GOTY. Be prepared for it to be GB's too.

Well it's only natural given Mordor's amazing story, fantastic mission design, and unique level structure. And the combat? It just blows Bayonetta out of the water!

Round of applause for the crack team of gamers at Gamespot. They really nailed this whole game of the year thing.

I bit my tongue off.

I actually really like Mordor, almost entirely because of the Nemisis system.

Bacon

Did everything in Mordor work at launch? Yes

Is Mordor made by Nintendo? No

GB GOTY

They all sounded pretty high on FC4 in the recent cast too, that could take it.

Myggen

Did everything in Mordor work at launch? Yes

Is Mordor made by Nintendo? No

GB GOTY

They all sounded pretty high on FC4 in the recent cast too, that could take it.

i9hwtept1tzxzc4oo8.gif

Eh, everyone of them who played Bayo 2 seems to love it. Only problem is the amount of people who have actually played it when the GOTY casts were recorded.....

"Everyone who plays this game loves it and has said they will bring it up during GOTY discussions. I think I can skip this one."

Jeff should play Galaxy.

He has. He even finished it. Brad hadn't played it all until last year's 24-hour stream and probably hasn't since.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I still think Bayonetta 2 is in with a strong change this year, given the full-crew presence.

Dunno. I think it'd be weird if they gave the GOTY to a game on a dying platform.

But, the potential CBSi split of Mordor on the corporate end and Bayonetta 2 on the enthusiast end could make sense.

Eh, everyone of them who played Bayo 2 seems to love it. Only problem is the amount of people who have actually played it when the GOTY casts were recorded.....

Jeff and Vinny were into Bayonetta 1. Shouldn't be hard to sell them on Bayonetta 2; same way you'd sell Far Cry 4 to a fan of Far Cry 3.

So far Solidus seems like a good guy to me.

I voted for him!

Oh right, The Patriots controlled that election.

Well it's only natural given Mordor's amazing story, fantastic mission design, and unique level structure. And the combat? It just blows Bayonetta out of the water!

Round of applause for the crack team of gamers at Gamespot. They really nailed this whole game of the year thing.

I bit my tongue off.

I actually really like Mordor, almost entirely because of the Nemisis system.

SoM's problem is it serves up the Nemesis System and... that's it. It has no idea what to do with that system, so it bolts on genre standard collectathons and terrible, linear story missions. For this reason SoM completely falls apart halfway through the game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is similar. It starts off great, but the game's poor balance, variety, and a myriad of other shortcomings become too much partway through the game and everything ends up falling apart towards the end.

If these games had stronger core gameplay design they'd be absolutely brilliant, but instead - largely because of their budget - they're simply good. It's a horrible shame that they're in this state and that they'll win awards for it.

Oh well, hopefully the Definitive Editions fix everything. (Those are a thing now, right?)

So Donkey Kong got the boot (Judging from Scoops comments on Idle Thumbs Podcast)

Smash & Mario Kart would never appear in top ten since most of the crew did not play it. Bayonetta should be in the top 10 i think.

Coonce

I can't believe Dan didn't know about
shooting the lights out
in the
Vamp
fight. It stops him from freezing you and makes the fight far easier.

Volotaire

I would be disappointed if MK8 was GOTY or was even considered for it. It's a solid and fun game that revitalises some of the Mario kart magic lost in previous games through its tracks, visual appeal and sharing features, but nowhere near some of the quality of this year's releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom