• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much of a problem with Raiden, he seems a bit goofy and like he's in over his head and incompetent in spots, but I don't hate him. I honestly don't understand how the story can get even more crazy, but it's probably smart to not underestimate Kojima.

Raiden was never the big problem with that game, he just suffered because was basically a much less cool version of Snake for the majority for the game. The real problem is Rose, who is by far the most annoying part of the whole game and is completly unbelievable as a character troughout the game. I have less of a problem believing in
AIs residing in the promodial ooze of the country, who are trying to completly take over the world
, than I have with believing Raiden and Rose ever had any kind of love or affection for each other.

From how he talked about the game on the Bombcast, I would bet that he's taking Bayo 2 over Mordor, and it might be his GOTY. It's up there at least.

Then again, when he twitted about finishing the game he said along the lines: there is a strip dance in the credits, is shameful playing this game at public.

(Then again, he played the game in a plane)

Raiden was never the big problem with that game, he just suffered because was basically a much less cool version of Snake for the majority for the game. The real problem is Rose, who is by far the most annoying part of the whole game and is completly unbelievable as a character troughout the game. I have less of a problem believing in
AIs residing in the promodial ooze of the country, who are trying to completly take over the world
, than I have with believing Raiden and Rose ever had any kind of love or affection for each other.

hey, wouldn't you date a weirdo who never slept with you and bolted after sexy fun times even after a year of dating? Or who has no posters in his industrial-ass room?

I mean, it's all on her. No one forced her to date a reserved, cold hearted guy who seems to have severe emotional issues and a hefty dose of PTSD. She had a year to either get used to him or move on, and she's so insecure that she did neither and just stuck around to badger and haggle the guy during a period of time where the entirety of the world's order hangs in the balance. They're both kinda shitty to one another, but man this isn't the time to bring that shit up.

Myggen

Then again, when he twitted about finishing the game he said along the lines: there is a strip dance in the credits, is shameful playing this game at public.

(Then again, he played the game in a plane)

Eh, talking about that scene on Idle Thumbs, he didn't seem very bothered about it. Didn't take away any of his enjoyment of the game. And yeah, playing that game in public when that scene came on, I'd be pretty embarrassed too.

tchocky

hey, wouldn't you date a weirdo who never slept with you and bolted after sexy fun times even after a year of dating? Or who has no posters in his industrial-ass room?

I mean, it's all on her. No one forced her to date a reserved, cold hearted guy who seems to have severe emotional issues and a hefty dose of PTSD. She had a year to either get used to him or move on, and she's so insecure that she did neither and just stuck around to badger and haggle the guy during a period of time where the entirety of the world's order hangs in the balance. They're both kinda shitty to one another, but man this isn't the time to bring that shit up.

The best part of the sleeping in a separate room story is he would never even let her enter that room.

98 was my favorite because i LOVED art of fighting and there was a way to play as a version of Robert Garcia that pretty much played identical to his AOF1 version.

There's nothing cooler than getting someone with a billion kicks that they cant get out of.

It's like the prototype of a disfunctional relationship. I get that Kojima wanted to punish players and not make them feel at ease, but come on, just because you make something terrible on purpose, doesn't make it any less terrible.

Considering the shit that gets revealed later on, I'd say Raiden is actually the bigger asshole in that relationship though.

big_z

I just noticed some quick looks like the crew and I am bread for example aren't on the youtube channel. Are they choosing select specific content for youtube or did they forget to upload them?

Eh, talking about that scene on Idle Thumbs, he didn't seem very bothered about it. Didn't take away any of his enjoyment of the game. And yeah, playing that game in public when that scene came on, I'd be pretty embarrassed too.

Thought playing Bayonetta 2 in a plane by the side of a child is not probably the best idea.

There's a pole dance to the sound of the original Moon River, but no stripping. It's quite tame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhTWWIiQls

I don't disagree with you. Just saying that I don't see Patrick pushing it that far.

Myggen

I just noticed some quick looks like the crew and I am bread for example aren't on the youtube channel. Are they choosing select specific content for youtube or did they forget to upload them?

It's a case of their upload robot not working (mostly for content on the weekends), and them not uploading some of those QLs manually when they get to work. Seems like a case of them forgetting/not bothering to upload some of those QLs. The Enforcer QL isn't on YT, and that's a candidate for QL of the year.

the last 3 episodes of MGScanlon were clearly recorded on the same day and i wouldn't be surprised if the next one was recorded that day, too. So theyre either done with it already or left the very last episode for a live stream.

Please, for the love of Alberto Del Rio tell me that the last one is gonna be live. It has to be.

Myggen

the last 3 episodes of MGScanlon were clearly recorded on the same day and i wouldn't be surprised if the next one was recorded that day, too. So theyre either done with it already or left the very last episode for a live stream.

Please, for the love of Alberto Del Rio tell me that the last one is gonna be live. It has to be.

Episode 11 was the last episode recorded that day, so unless they've recorded something this week they don't have any more episodes in the can.

Dan already confirmed it won't be. A trade-off for getting it finished before Christmas.

boooooooooooooooooo but i understand.

Episode 11 was the last episode recorded that day, so unless they've recorded something this week they don't have any more episodes in the can.

Dan said on the podcast this week that they hadn't finished yet. Pretty sure those three episodes were the last recorded.

Hope!

Dan said on the podcast this week that they hadn't finished yet. Pretty sure those three episodes were the last recorded.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Neither Jeff nor jason use my man yamazaki?

What is this heresy?

yamazaki-laughinghard.gif

Volotaire

https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/status/545971878033362945

GBeast x 404 show

Join CNET's Jeff Bakalar as he sat down with Russ Frushtick along with Giant Bomb's Vinny Caravella and Alex Navarro as they round up everything 2014 had to offer in gaming. The guys cover the highs, the lows and everything in between including a look towards 2015.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-404-show-x-giant-bomb-mashup-2014-year-in-gaming-wrap-up/

- The 404
- Jeff Bakalar
- Alex Navarro
- Vinny Caravella
- Russ Frushtick

- ITunes
- RSS Feed MP3

RcmA8.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think they didn't use more people than they did :p

I do love me some 98 Yamazaki, though.

Yamazaki of all years is great and gift to mankind.

No joke though, having no yamazaki made me not play that much of 13. :(

Jeff should appreciate yamazaki though. He kicks sand at you and rushes you with a fucking knife.

Jams775

So wait. I'm not clear on this but I thought
it was her job to seduce and watch over him by the patriots? Or was that just the AI fucking with his head?

Haunted

I refuse to believe that's actually Alex's voice. Probaby some sort of Hatsune Miku voice modulation robot AI trying to impersonate Alex.

here is a Dr Tracksuit design I did....

2710103-drts.jpg
Dr. Tracksuit is the best thing about giantbomb.com, a website about videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom