• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayers

That comment Vinny made about Destiny "causing traffic in GOTY discussions" tells me we're going to hear a lot of Brad defending Destiny while insisting he isn't defending Destiny.

If each staff member gets to push one major game into the top ten then, yeah, Destiny is in.

I said it a while back, but destiny is probably the only game in the running that can make both the main top 10 and also win most disappointing game of the year.

Sayers

If each staff member gets to push one major game into the top ten then, yeah, Destiny is in.

I said it a while back, but destiny is probably the only game in the running that can make both the main top 10 and also win most disappointing game of the year.

I don't think Brad will let that happen.

even if Brad tries to fight for something else to be most disappointing, what else can even win?

Unity being broken is "disappointing" but no one seemed to actually give a shit, and I can't think of another game this year that started with "yeah i'm interested to see how this goes" and ends with "oh noooo." Everyone has expressed some sort of opinion like "I hit 20 and I dont fucking want to see any more of what that game has to show"

Even with the same skyrim vs Saints Row argument of "WELL SR3 WAS FULL OF BUGS AND SKYRIM WAS PERFECT" I dont see anything that comes close to taking destiny away from most disappointing, and with the 200 person podcast I think Brad might be the lone voice

Sayers

It's not that Brad is going to be able to make a compelling argument for another game, its that he will filibuster until everyone else is tired of arguing about it and just gives up so they can move on.

even if Brad tries to fight for something else to be most disappointing, what else can even win?

Unity being broken is "disappointing" but no one seemed to actually give a shit, and I can't think of another game this year that started with "yeah i'm interested to see how this goes" and ends with "oh noooo." Everyone has expressed some sort of opinion like "I hit 20 and I dont fucking want to see any more of what that game has to show"

Even with the same skyrim vs Saints Row argument of "WELL SR3 WAS FULL OF BUGS AND SKYRIM WAS PERFECT" I dont see anything that comes close to taking destiny away from most disappointing, and with the 200 person podcast I think Brad might be the lone voice

MCC was far more disappointing to me but among that group, I can't imagine anything else taking it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I'm starting to feel confident that Jeff has chosen call of duty for his goty. I can't blame him if he's gotten pulled back into the multiplayer. I don't see him giving his personal goty to mordor, nor do I see him giving it to far cry 4, given its similarities to 3, but it would be next in line to call of duty for him I think. Actually, next in line might be jazzpunk.

1. call of duty
2. jazzpunk
3. far cry 4
4. shadow of mordor

Ketch

There's no way Destiny makes the list, unless it's like number 10, and even that's questionable. I'm pretty sure the only reason Jeff played as much destiny as he did was so he could shut Brad down when he inevitably says "But you guys haven't even played the raid!" during the GOTY debates.

He's the hero we deserve.

popo

Watchdogs really isn't as bad as some people make out. Nothing worse than mediocre, I actually had a good time with it.

Volotaire

I'm loving this special 404 show x GBeast podcast, hope they do more collaborations since they're in the same CBSi office now.

EDIT: It might be worth making a seperate thread for this podcast daydreaming and Renspatu.

I bet Destiny is in the top ten. Nowhere close to ever being considered for the top stop. But Brad will put it in it.

i have a lot of fun with that game even how much Bungie screwed up.

Bacon

Brad was able to get Dota 2 on the list last year. I know that's not quite a 1:1 parallel but he can be, persuasive, let's say.

I bet Destiny is in the top ten. Nowhere close to ever being considered for the top stop. But Brad will put it in it.

i have a lot of fun with that game even how much Bungie screwed up.

Same here. Definitely in my top 10 and I've played a TON of good games this year. Maybe I just enjoy the pick up and play nature of the gameplay and the constant progression?

Brad was able to get Dota 2 on the list last year. I know that's not quite a 1:1 parallel but he can be, persuasive, let's say.

Everyone seems to get one game into the top 10, and then the real debate tends to be within the top 3 or so. With more people there this year, i'm really interested in hearing the breakdown of the top of the list.

edit: haha "I'm pretty sure Skully died"

There's no way Destiny makes the list, unless it's like number 10, and even that's questionable. I'm pretty sure the only reason Jeff played as much destiny as he did was so he could shut Brad down when he inevitably says "But you guys haven't even played the raid!" during the GOTY debates.

He's the hero we deserve.

Lest we forget the shadow broker fiasco.

Patryn

Xavier Woods and Roman Reigns would be my guesses.

My guess as well.

I also guess that Destiny will win both Most Disappointing AND appear in the Top 10 games of the year. I fully expect it to be Brad's GOTY, and expect it to be on Jeff's list as well.

Seriously, the amount of Destiny Jeff has played is just really freaking weird, given how much he's not into it.

Bacon

My guess as well.

I also guess that Destiny will win both Most Disappointing AND appear in the Top 10 games of the year. I fully expect it to be Brad's GOTY, and expect it to be on Jeff's list as well.

Seriously, the amount of Destiny Jeff has played is just really freaking weird, given how much he's not into it.

It's definitely pretty weird/hilarious. But Jeff always has had some weird ass gaming habits. Remember when he put 100+ hours into SW:TOR and didn't really even like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom