• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The emails haven't been great but Brad has stated that there haven't been any better ones to choose from and who are we to argue with that.

valid point, definitely can't argue with that.

those full crew Bombcasts were so great.... damn them and their chemistry. Why can't they move everybody to one office permanently?

(and Kansas is definitely not the south)

hamchan

I say this as someone who would like to hang out with Brad IRL, so no personal offense is intended:

He is too dry to host the Bombcast. He brings the energy of the show down and consistently picks awkward or pointless emails that bring the show to a screeching halt. Jeff needs to tutor him in the ways of being an entertaining host, or Jeff needs to go back to hosting.

totally disagree. Jeff is fun, despite (or maybe because of) his cynicism toward most AAA games. Brad consistently picks pointless emails and is overly analytical about things that don't require analysis.

Maybe I just wish Jason/Dan/Drew would talk a lot more.

Highly disagree. Jeff casts weren't that long ago, surely we didn't forget that they were much more dry, much more low energy and not even edited at all. Jeff can still be fun while not hosting, I'd even say he's become much more lively now that he doesn't have to host. Emails have always been kinda bad with some great ones here and there. I blame that more on the fanbase being a bunch of creepy weirdos!

sixghost

So is the stealth in TLOU not very good, or was there just something I was missing out on? I tried to play on Survivor my first time through, but I got stuck in the sewer section for practically an hour trying to sneak through a section and switched to easy. It just seemed like so much random crap would go wrong. Runners would turn around out of nowhere when I was sneaking behind them, clickers seemed to jump between being completely oblivious and being able to spot me if I was anywhere near them. I know you're supposed to creep even more slowly around the clickers, but even that didn't work sometimes.

I thought it was funny how the human enemies were 100x easier to sneak up on than the infected that are supposed to be fucking blind. On the higher difficulty stuff was so scarce that you practically needed to sneak through most sections. I have no idea how I would have gotten through some of the sections later on in the game if I kept it on Survivor.

So is the stealth in TLOU not very good, or was there just something I was missing out on? I tried to play on Survivor my first time through, but I got stuck in the sewer section for practically an hour trying to sneak through a section and switched to easy. It just seemed like so much random crap would go wrong. Runners would turn around out of nowhere when I was sneaking behind them, clickers seemed to jump between being completely oblivious and being able to spot me if I was anywhere near them. I know you're supposed to creep even more slowly around the clickers, but even that didn't work sometimes.

I thought it was funny how the human enemies were 100x easier to sneak up on than the infected that are supposed to be fucking blind. On the higher difficulty stuff was so scarce that you practically needed to sneak through most sections. I have no idea how I would have gotten through some of the sections later on in the game if I kept it on Survivor.

Well clickers track you via sound, so be careful how fast you walk or what you're walking on, like broken glass. And bricks and bottles make for a good way to corral enemies into a area were you can stealth kill them. I personally thought the stealth was fine and tried to use it every chance I got because it worked so well.

Xater

Well clickers track you via sound, so be careful how fast you walk or what you're walking on, like broken glass. And bricks and bottles make for a good way to corral enemies into a area were you can stealth kill them. I personally thought the stealth was fine and tried to use it every chance I got because it worked so well.

Same here, didn't have any issues with it.

Just finished MGS3 and forgot how goddamned good it was. Moment-to-moment it's the best Metal Gear game out there, but MGS2 will always be the most memorable to me.

Drew's gonna have a ball with 3. It'll probably end up being his favorite.

Moaradin

Just finished MGS3 and forgot how goddamned good it was. Moment-to-moment it's the best Metal Gear game out there, but MGS2 will always be the most memorable to me.

Drew's gonna have a ball with 3. It'll probably end up being his favorite.

Yeah, MGS3 seems like a game Drew would like a lot. Especially the setting.

Jintor

I feel like MGS3 has the best balance of all of them gameplay to story

MGS4 early sections have the best gameplay (well I haven't touched GZ yet) but also well... MGS4...

Metal Gear Solid 3 is my least favourite of the series, but that's probably because I didn't get past the very beginning.

image.php

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Metal Gear Solid 3 is my least favourite of the series, but that's probably because I didn't get past the very beginning.

It's tough to get used to at the start. I felt like shelving it but stuck with it and ended up loving it.

Jintor

Yeah I hear the original camera sucked.

The HD edition has Subsistence camera built in right? Cos it was pretty fine on them Vitas

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It does ^ you can switch between old and new cameras, not that you'd ever really want to go back to the fixed camera.

jgminto

HD is just Subsistence with a few side things removed and nicer visuals. Fixed camera was sometimes useful for getting a better view in some areas but playing the entire game like that seems insane to me.

What was the first video game that allowed you to press against a wall to sneak? It may sound silly but I remember that was such a big reason why the original MGS wowed me right away.

Jintor

octocamo da goat

octocamo and sneaking through two sides that are occupied with potshotting one another is sooooo gooooood. A heavily defended facility with regular patrols is one thing, but sneaking through a chaotic area through disguises and camo and other stuff is way cool

I wonder what the endgame is for Youtube accounts like this one. The user has uploaded at least three full QLs in the last few days, and a ton of trailers and other random crap.

Inform the crew

Let the CBSi Hitmen deal with it.

That is what i would do.

And yes i would have let CBSi deal with Gamebomb dot ru as well.

tchocky

I wonder what the endgame is for Youtube accounts like this one. The user has uploaded at least three full QLs in the last few days, and a ton of trailers and other random crap.

I guess they hope to get enough views from people searching for trailers/games and then get ads put in front of them to make some money without requiring any talent/personality.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All I got from the first 10 minutes of the SoM DLC QL is that B & D really like their games to be super easy.

Also goddamn the "stealth" in SoM looks ridiculous.

erawsd

All I got from the first 10 minutes of the SoM DLC QL is that B & D really like their games to be super easy.

Also goddamn the "stealth" in SoM looks ridiculous.

Ive gotten that impression from just about everyone on staff. i think some of them played TLOU on easy just so they could blow through and see the story.

Myggen

They ditched the Worst Trend category this GOTY, going by what Brad says in the SoM QL. Probably replaced it with something quite similar though.

Ive gotten that impression from just about everyone on staff. i think some of them played TLOU on easy just so they could blow through and see the story.

Differs by what games they are playing. Brad played TLoU on hard, to give one example.

They ditched the Worst Trend category this GOTY, going by what Brad says in the SoM QL. Probably replaced it with something quite similar though.

Differs by what games they are playing. Brad played TLoU on hard, to give one example.

Worst Trend of 2014: Ubisoft making video games. That shit has got to stop.

Have enough swag to join the illuminati?

Stop reading if you are not a member of the illuminati. This is an encrypted message for illuminati members only:

Introducing Meme Run! The only game in the world where you can go on an infinite running experience while dodging 360 noscopes and dank memes. The longer you stay alive, the more swag points you will earn. Collect illuminati’s and wombo combo's to gain a multiplier to your swag points. Terrain is randomly generated which makes every experience danker. So m8, what are you waiting for? Tyrone rated the game 8/8 which means it’s not b8 so come play m8.

Features:

Funny Memes
Extremely Difficult Gameplay
Much Swag Very Wow
Awesome Original Air Horn Soundtrack
Tyrone Rates Meme Run 8/8

Jintor

I'm rewatching the trenched TNT.

Man sucks this never came out on pc.

And that it was called iron brigade because fuck that

Status
Not open for further replies.