• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to get my cat put down this morning, having recent QLs to catch up on is paying off as a great distraction. Tried Ground Zeroes last night, i'm completely terrible at stealth but the game is pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to Phantom Pain. I hope Dan and Drew finish the series by the time it releases so we can get videos about them discussing their progress and the like, as Brad and Vinny did for Dark Souls 2 for a while.

Loxley

The comments for that new Mordor DLC quick look are going to be filled with people yelling at Brad for not pressing "X" on the rune selection screen at the beginning. Because the "!" next to the icon means he did, in fact, have runes to choose from - they just weren't equipped.

Myggen

Had to get my cat put down this morning, having recent QLs to catch up on is paying off as a great distraction. Tried Ground Zeroes last night, i'm completely terrible at stealth but the game is pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to Phantom Pain. I hope Dan and Drew finish the series by the time it releases so we can get videos about them discussing their progress and the like, as Brad and Vinny did for Dark Souls 2 for a while.

Sorry to hear that :/

Ground Zeroes plays miles better than any other MGS game.

Dany

Banned

i'm sorry to hear that /hugs

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best

Im so sorry. Losing a pet is fucking horrible. :(

The comments for that new Mordor DLC quick look are going to be filled with people yelling at Brad for not pressing "X" on the rune selection screen at the beginning. Because the "!" next to the icon means he did, in fact, have runes to choose from - they just weren't equipped.

It also said "Runes available!" five or six times on the screen.

:( /hugs

Brads reactions to the comments are going to be this

iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Do people really get that excited about outsmarting us or something? There's such a hubbub every time people get to go THE TEXT IS ON THE SCREEN!!!! or whatever, even when they're mistaken. I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about the runes you had equipped on your character in your main playthrough not being there, not runes period, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Haunted

Metal Gear Solid 3 is my least favourite of the series, but that's probably because I didn't get past the very beginning.
Well, that's because it was so bad that you didn't want to continue. Makes sense to me. If it's any consolation, 3 was my least favourite as well until 4 came out.

daydream

Banned
Do people really get that excited about outsmarting us or something? There's such a hubbub every time people get to go THE TEXT IS ON THE SCREEN!!!! or whatever, even when they're mistaken. I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about the runes you had equipped on your character in your main playthrough not being there, not runes period, but maybe I wasn't clear enough.

No point in getting agitated over YT comments, Brad.

Since you're already here, can you tell us who's gonna be on next week's Bombcast? Is it gonna be you, Jeff, Dan and Drew?

No point in getting agitated over YT comments, Brad.

Since you're already here, can you tell us who's gonna be on next week's Bombcast? Is it gonna be you, Jeff, Dan and Drew?

I thought they said the last one was the last regular Bombcast if the year. I think the GotY casts are it next week.

daydream

Banned
I thought they said the last one was the last regular Bombcast if the year. I think the GotY casts are it next week.

Just want to be prepared for the right people since we're also doing the GOTY thread next week and I don't want Ren to do more work than necessary. :)

I expect Dan to be on since he's not leaving till Tuesday morning but I don't know if Drew is already out by that point, still working on GOTY stuff, etc. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Loxley

I need to watch The Hobbit. I need to know why everyone hates it.

Here's a run-down of the main reasons why people have disliked The Hobbit films:

- Peter Jackson didn't make the fun children's book they know and love, and instead made an epic Lord of the Rings prequel trilogy that covers the events of the Hobbit.
- People hate CGI and the Hobbit films use a lot of it, and it looks unfinished in a number of scenes across all three films.
- The book was split into three films which is seen as a "blatant cashgrab".
- People don't like Jackson's additions/alterations story (such as turning certain scenes from the book into action sequences when they originally weren't).

It should be said that there are plenty of people who do like The Hobbit films. I mean, these movies have each made around a billion dollars for a reason - people enjoy them.

Here's a run-down of the main reasons why people have disliked The Hobbit films:

- Peter Jackson didn't make the fun children's book they know and love, and instead made an epic Lord of the Rings prequel trilogy that covers the events of the Hobbit.
- People hate CGI and the Hobbit films use a lot of it, and it looks unfinished in a number of scenes across all three films.
- The book was split into three films which is seen as a "blatant cashgrab".
- People don't like Jackson's additions/alterations story (such as turning certain scenes from the book into action sequences when they originally weren't).

It should be said that there are plenty of people who do like The Hobbit films. I mean, these movies have each made around a billion dollars for a reason - people enjoy them.

It's a difficult task to mesh the tone of the Hobbit book with that of the LotR movies, but I think Jackson did a great job of it.

LegoArmo

Patrick said he still wants to do the podcast with Max on one of the recent Bombin' episodes, I think. Might have been in one of the solo Q&As.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom