• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

octocamo da goat

octocamo and sneaking through two sides that are occupied with potshotting one another is sooooo gooooood. A heavily defended facility with regular patrols is one thing, but sneaking through a chaotic area through disguises and camo and other stuff is way cool

Shame you only get to do that for 2/5 of the game.

That Modor video was bad. History was great but it caused Brad to just run back and forth for 15 minutes doing essentially nothing. Would have liked to see a little more about the DLC.

Myggen

That Modor video was bad. History was great but it caused Brad to just run back and forth for 15 minutes doing essentially nothing. Would have liked to see a little more about the DLC.

There's not much more to see of that DLC, from what I gather. What you see is what you get.

Meanwhile at Giant Bomb...

N6OhFEh.jpg

God Speed Drew.

I hope they discuss the MGS2 end up on the next bombcast. Or record some kind of special post MGS2 play through spoiler thing before the break.

That ending is a very special thing. Seeing someone react to it for the first time and try and suss it out would be great.

TraBuch

Banned
Does that Shadow of Mordor DLC look like it's worth picking up? Although I platinum'd the game, I don't think I'd be all that interested if it was just more of the same.

I remember the first time I got to "that part" of MGS 2. It was midnight. Parents went to bed, and then "it" started happening.

As a kid that legitimately unsettled me, as I had no idea what was going on. I didn't even know about the Raiden bait and switch at the beginning either, going into it.

Say what you will about MGS 2 (all things that are very valid) but when gaming and yourself were still younger back then, it was quite a memorable experience.

Does that Shadow of Mordor DLC look like it's worth picking up? Although I platinum'd the game, I don't think I'd be all that interested if it was just more of the same.

It is very much more of the same.

What did you feel after the Platinum

A) Thank fuck that is done with
B) That was great, I could keep going

If B, then you should still enjoy it.

TraBuch

Banned
It is very much more of the same.

What did you feel after the Platinum

A) Thank fuck that is done with
B) That was great, I could keep going

If B, then you should still enjoy it.

I felt "That was great, but I think I'm done with the game".

If it's just more of the same, I'll probably pass.

I dreamt quite vividly last night that I was Dan, vehemently defending the GC version of Animal Crossing, on a Bombcast from July.

It turns out consuming this much back catalogue of premium content in such a short period of time has dangerous, mind-warping effects. Especially when paired with booze.

I bet Dan doesn't even like Animal Crossing

The GameCube version of Animal Crossing is really good, to be fair. Best implementation of holidays, and it has NES games. NES games!

New Leaf is obviously the best one, but the Gamecube game isn't far behind. Wild World is pretty good, Let's Go To The City can burn in hell.

The GameCube version of Animal Crossing is really good, to be fair. Best implementation of holidays, and it has NES games. NES games!

New Leaf is obviously the best one, but the Gamecube game isn't far behind. Wild World is pretty good, Let's Go To The City can burn in hell.

Agreed, although New Leaf's holidays might actually be better than the GC version. In New Leaf holidays like Toy Day, Thanksgiving, and Halloween are crazy month-long events that involve the whole town lots of unique store items.

What the original does have over NL is distinguishing between getting fetch quests and just chatting when you talk to villagers.

I don't think Drew gets enough credit for how fucking funny he can be. I'm catching up on Metal Gear Scanlon and he just came out with this gem so quickly, it was hilarious.

"I'm like you, I have no name"

"My name is Raiden & also Jack, so...."

newjeruse

Hearing Brad explain LoTR to Dan was pretty frustrating. Dan once again was done in by his need to reduce every concept to a single sentence.

The reactions last year to GS giving A Link Between Worlds their GOTY were quite something. The nerve of them to give such an award to a handheld game. How dare they.
Jeff in that Gamespot video though had nothing but praise for it and even defended the decision against that backlash.

Myggen

Journey is a good GOTY pick, even if it wasn't my favourite game of that year. Jeff's story about that game from the Bombcast is pretty great, how he couldn't pick that game up again because of the disappointment of the person he played with dropping out of the game pretty close to the end. Speaks to how emotional that simple mechanic could be.

Myggen

So are we likely to see Metal Gear Scanlon over the weekend, or is that a Monday thing?

They said on UPF that it would go up next week, but nothing more concrete. It's probably two episodes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put it up on Wednesday and Thursday or something like that because they're only in the office until Tuesday, and the GOTY stuff begins on Friday.

They said on UPF that it would go up next week, but nothing more concrete. It's probably two episodes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put it up on Wednesday and Thursday or something like that because they're only in the office until Tuesday, and the GOTY stuff begins on Friday.

Ah; good to know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom