• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said on UPF that it would go up next week, but nothing more concrete. It's probably two episodes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put it up on Wednesday and Thursday or something like that because they're only in the office until Tuesday, and the GOTY stuff begins on Friday.

I would guess 3 episodes. I have a feeling the
Ray fight
is going to take him some time. As well as
naked Raiden time

Myggen

Ah; good to know. Thanks!

No problem. I forgot to add that Drew actually mentioned at the end of UPF that the MGScanlon stuff would go up before the GOTY starts on Friday. So it's pretty safe to assume that it's going up before Friday next week :)

I would guess 3 episodes. I have a feeling the
Ray fight
is going to take him some time.

Yeah, depends on how long they make the episodes. I'm sure we have 4-5 hours left, depending on how that stuff goes.

Jintor

you know now that i think about it i think my eyes glazed over it every time because it was called "Iron Brigade" and not Trenched which is a way fucking better name

fuck you, board games! Fuck youuuuuu

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/546483794736193536

B5WAHaXCcAA3N-Z.jpg

There's no radar period in MGS3? That sounds pretty cool. Is there a replacement system for seeing where dudes are at, like something more limited due to the time period?

That's the main reason I stopped playing MGS3 when it first came out.

Yeah, if you're just constantly wandering into dudes and setting an alert off and there's no system that helps you avoid that I can see it being an annoying choice of omitting a mechanic in favor of maintaining sense of time and place. Kind of an interesting trade-off, actually.

MGS3 is almost gaming perfection to me.

It's kind of a shame that Drew has to experience it through this for the first time. But it will be entertaining as hell for us.

It is kind of game that rewards patience and generally taking your time with it. Enjoying all the little details and soaking in the atmosphere.

Fuck now I really wanna play it through again.... I just bought a PS4 and should be going through Far Cry 4!

Corgi

Banned
hmmm need to catch up on mgs2 myself. About how many hours I got left? Just took out the harrier and spend 1 hr falling off the stupid ledges of that immediate area until i finally reached core 2.

There's no radar period in MGS3? That sounds pretty cool. Is there a replacement system for seeing where dudes are at, like something more limited due to the time period?

There are two sort of replacement radars in MGS3, which are both extremely limited compared to the Soliton Radar and run on batteries that can be depleted and need to recharge over time.

Hey Dan, if you're gonna do a bonus thing where you show Drew MGS3 trailers, you should skip the TGS 2004 one. That's the super spoiler filled one.

The E3 2004 trailer is probably the best one to show.

No, the best way would be the full E3 2003 one.

Bonus points if you can find the leaked version of the ending segment of the trailer that came out like a month before E3. It was insane waking up to that.

double post i know but now i'm rewatching the 2003 trailer again and man I know that MGS3 is a mostly linear game like the others just with hill shaped walls, but now i'm remembering how the great editing in this gameplay trailer and kojima's comments about the jungle made me and a lot of other people believe it was going to be some massive open world survival thing with a day/night cycle and huge areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom