• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxyle

Neo Member
double post i know but now i'm rewatching the 2003 trailer again and man I know that MGS3 is a mostly linear game like the others just with hill shaped walls, but now i'm remembering how the great editing in this gameplay trailer and kojima's comments about the jungle made me and a lot of other people believe it was going to be some massive open world survival thing with a day/night cycle and huge areas

I think I forgave that fact because of how awesome the game still was, but yea, they were reeaally good at making MGS3 out to be more open/survival than it actually is.

Kind of a shame, I'd love to play in a fully realized jungle with (some of) the MGS3 mechanics.

God Speed Drew.

I hope they discuss the MGS2 end up on the next bombcast. Or record some kind of special post MGS2 play through spoiler thing before the break.

That ending is a very special thing. Seeing someone react to it for the first time and try and suss it out would be great.

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/546483794736193536

B5WAHaXCcAA3N-Z.jpg

YES. YES!!!

That is the face of a man who's seen some real shit there. Up there with an Uchikoshi game finale.

"I mean, Demon's Souls. What the fuck operation are you guys RUNNIN?!?!"

LeBart

Hey Dan, if you're gonna do a bonus thing where you show Drew MGS3 trailers, you should skip the TGS 2004 one. That's the super spoiler filled one.

The E3 2004 trailer is probably the best one to show.
Is the TGS trailer the one that showed all the bosses?
I think every mgs3 trailer is pretty spoilery though, I would just show him the first one and leave it at that.

jgminto

They should skip the Snake Eater intro video when they boot up the game so Drew sees it for the first time when he finishes Virtuous Mission.

No problem. I forgot to add that Drew actually mentioned at the end of UPF that the MGScanlon stuff would go up before the GOTY starts on Friday. So it's pretty safe to assume that it's going up before Friday next week :)

Yeah, depends on how long they make the episodes. I'm sure we have 4-5 hours left, depending on how that stuff goes.

Man this is gonna be a fuckload of content this week. Really appreciate you listening to UPF so closely.

I realize this is the most ridiculous metric ever, but Dan's before and after tweets were about 4 hours apart so I'm holding out for one whole episode. I feel like the end of MGS2 has to be taken all at once and I'm confident Dan feels the same way. I bet we get another 3 hour marathon like last time.

Maybe we get a full episode of debrief after? Either way I think the game is finished in the next episode.

watching that KOF98 QL and jeff keeps showing he has some of the fundamentals at least. Maybe if he took it seriously he could do better but hey he doesn't have that kind of time.

Bacon

So I just switched on the bombcast rewind on mixlr as I was playing destiny. It was a bombcast from December of 2012 and there had just been a leak of some concepts behind destiny.

Hearing them excitedly discuss what destiny could be made me very sad as I was in hour 1.5 of farming helium filaments on the moon.

popo

Man this is gonna be a fuckload of content this week. Really appreciate you listening to UPF so closely.

I realize this is the most ridiculous metric ever, but Dan's before and after tweets were about 4 hours apart so I'm holding out for one whole episode. I feel like the end of MGS2 has to be taken all at once and I'm confident Dan feels the same way. I bet we get another 3 hour marathon like last time.

Maybe we get a full episode of debrief after? Either way I think the game is finished in the next episode.

More likely 2. I think they once said some of their redundancy backups have a 2 hour limit and I imagine they had at least one comfort break.

i forget when does GOTY stuff start, christmas week or New Years week?

26th this year

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Drew will also appreciate mgs3's save game lady's
movie trivia
, though it's perhaps not exactly drew's era.

sjack

Banned
Drew will also appreciate mgs3's save game lady's
movie trivia
, though it's perhaps not exactly drew's era.

She's like the anti-Rose. Easily my favourite save character, even more so than Mei Ling.
shame about the fact that they had to turn her into a crazy psycho mad scientist in order to fit into the overall timeline of the series

She's like the anti-Rose. Easily my favourite save character, even more so than Mei Ling.
shame about the fact that they had to turn her into a crazy psycho mad scientist in order to fit into the overall timeline of the series

Maybe mark what those spoilers are for? I haven't played GZ, PW, or PO and this sounds like something that happens in one of those.

Just finished act 2 of MGS4.

Dan should bring more popcorn for that game.

Jintor

Brad explaining the literary agent hypothesis badly and Dan getting increasingly confused is hilarious

and kind of depressing

but hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom