• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/546483794736193536

B5WAHaXCcAA3N-Z.jpg

Looks like he just drank a glass of Pepsi and milk.

I played the Ground Zeroes side mission yesterday where you literally rescue
Kojima
and that was pretty much my face at the end.

that was a weirdly good QL because of that chat. because I mean otherwise it was just Brad doing the same stuff as before, except on a stealth dog or whatever. As someone with approximately Dan-level knowledge of the LOTR universe, I thought it was a kind of a decent primer.

I know Brad only replies to angry/dumb people, but thanks Brad!

that was a weirdly good QL because of that chat. because I mean otherwise it was just Brad doing the same stuff as before, except on a stealth dog or whatever. As someone with approximately Dan-level knowledge of the LOTR universe, I thought it was a kind of a decent primer.

I know Brad only replies to angry/dumb people, but thanks Brad!

Yeah I agree, he did a great job Daning Down™ The Silmarillion, I'm impressed he retained that much from it as I understand it's a hell of a read.

Yeah I agree, he did a great job Daning Down™ The Silmarillion, I'm impressed he retained that much from it as I understand it's a hell of a read.

I used to stay at my grandparents' place a lot when I was a kid, and they had a copy of it. It always looked super cool on the shelf so I used to pick it up, thumb through it, get confused, and put it back.

it was that version with the white cover, which is maybe slightly less impressive now than it was when I was a kid.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The LOTR talk was the best. I never read the books but i love the movies. So some of that was new to me.

I've caught up on Metal Gear Scanlon.

I only ever had time to get as far as Fatman when I played (I never owned a PS2, borrowed one for a couple days once). So this is all new to me.

Super excited to see what all this craziness is that everyone is talking about.

Zaph

This MGSV date better be bullshit. That's not enough time for Drew to play 3 and 4. Kojima is so inconsiderate.

This MGSV date better be bullshit. That's not enough time for Drew to play 3 and 4. Kojima is so inconsiderate.

It might be enough time for him to get through Snake Eater if they start soon after the new year's break. That's all the background he'd get anyway, as I'd guess they're skipping Peace Walker.

jgminto

It might be enough time for him to get through Snake Eater though, if they start soon after the new year's break. That's all the background he'd get anyway, as I'd guess they're skipping Peace Walker.

They can't do that and they wouldn't play through the game when it first comes out anyway.

Myggen

Not buying that date, unless Kojima was lying about how big the game is - late 2015 st the earliest.

Yeah, I don't see how that's even remotely realistic.

It's so rare that a retailer is the first to accidentally reveal a release date that I won't get my hopes up. Dan is at least excited about the prospect on Twitter :p

edit:

2710785-gb+delib.png

From the GB forum. The bomb should probably be screaming, but what can you do!

jett

D-Member
I'm watching the MGS1 Scanlon finale.

Drew and Brad are both four-letter names. Coincidence? I think not!

Still pretty entertaining. But the GB Chrono Trigger run is my favorite.

Myggen

Guys... Why isn't the new MGS Scanlon episode on the Coming Up box yet? Daaaaannn save us please!

I would bet on one of the episodes going up on Tuesday, and the last episode (if they're doing two episodes) going up Wednesday or Thursday, since that's the period between them going off work for Christmas and GOTY starting.

Megasoum

Banned
I would bet on one of the episodes going up on Tuesday, and the last episode (if they're doing two episodes) going up Wednesday or Thursday, since that's the period between them going off work for Christmas and GOTY starting.

Yeah I knoooowwwwww.... But I want it NOWWWWWW :(

I think its just gonna be one big finale. Splitting it up would just be weird, and itd make sense for them to release it either monday or tuesday night instead of releasing an episode durinf Christmas.

hwy_61

Banned
I'm going to be pretty pissed off if they split up that finale. I mean with GotY shit they'll have plenty of content without having to space out the MGS finale.

jett

D-Member
Never heard someone say that before.

lol I haven't really seen many endurance runs now that I think about it, but I enjoyed CT for nostalgic reasons and for the back and forth between Patrick and Ryan. I hadn't played CT in ages so it was almost like I was replaying it myself.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm going to be pretty pissed off if they split up that finale. I mean with GotY shit they'll have plenty of content without having to space out the MGS finale.

Keep in mind that we still have one week to go before GOTY stuff starts and they are out of the office most of that week so no, I don't think we'll have too much content this week... It will most probably be really sparse.

lol I haven't really seen many endurance runs now that I think about it, but I enjoyed CT for nostalgic reasons and for the back and forth between Patrick and Ryan. I hadn't played CT in ages so it was almost like I was replaying it myself.

If you haven't seen the Persona 4 endurance run you're missing out on the best Let's Play ever recorded on the internet. Jeff and Vinny chemistry in that is unrivaled.

Keep in mind that we still have one week to go before GOTY stuff starts and they are out of the office most of that week so no, I don't think we'll have too much content this week... It will most probably be really sparse.

Well it starts Friday. Bombcast on Tuesday, maybe Scanlon tuesday too, some QL tomorrow, wednesday and thursday nothing, and GOTY stuff on Friday

Ok livestream tomorrow, bombcast tuesday, finale wednesday, christmas day, GOTY friday.

CONTENT FOR EVERYDAY. SORRY ON PHONE I THINK CAPS BROKE

Myggen

Ok livestream tomorrow, bombcast tuesday, finale wednesday, christmas day, GOTY friday.

CONTENT FOR EVERYDAY. SORRY ON PHONE I THINK CAPS BROKE

The livestream will be on Tuesday, not tomorrow, going by what Jeff said on the end of UPF.

The only reason I can see for them splitting it up would be that they've always been reluctant with letting individual videos go well over 2 hours, so they usually split videos up at that point. But they released that 4 hour Thanksgiving stream in one video, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom