• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

An all email JeffCast could be fun. He can read all the "beef" emails that Brad was too pussy classy to read since he took over. :D

Brad's not here?

Not according to this.

Brad Shoemaker
‏@bradshoemaker

Inside 72 hours till I'm on an airplane and the official frantically-budgeting-time-to-get-everything-done period has begun.

12:18 PM - 18 Dec 2014

popo

Why is the live stream tomorrow?

Isn't today the last day they're in the office?

nope, Jeff is just taking christmas eve onwards, not sure about the rest. Brad is out, Dan only in until today I believe.

Mainly people flying are out, locals want to keep the vacation days I would guess.

I'm working this 24th this year - but we usually have a "merry" lunch and then fuck around the afternoon. They really should make everyone take the day.

Zabant

I could go for a Jeff stream dedicated to a certain older game platform.

So far those have been some of my favourite non-ER content from the site.

(MGScanlon is a damn endurance run in everything but name and we all know it)

I did my duty and sent in an email. My personal favorite podcast email moment is when I emailed Idle Thumbs and Nick said they'd come back to my email the next week. It's been 5 years.

daydream

Banned
Oh, so Brad will not be on the podcast? Wonder who will be the guest then. Let's gooo Danny!

If one of you Twitter cats sees something, please call my office (or post in this thread, whatever works).
I don't have an office

by destroying his voice
having no codecs

i dont think so

The lack of codec is certainly a shame. I've been missing it since MGS3, as 4's was extremely barebone. But that aside, Ground Zeroes is certainly better in every way than previous MGS games. Even Sutherland is doing a better job than Hayter.

Volotaire

Oh, so Brad will not be on the podcast? Wonder who will be the guest then. Let's gooo Danny!

If one of you Twitter cats sees something, please call my office (or post in this thread, whatever works).
I don't have an office

I am indeed a Twitter cat and will report anything to you captain!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I don't have an office
I saw that Danny is in Ireland!

this being neogaf ill just say it right now mgs5 sucks and anyone who defends it is hitler

mary kish should be on the bombcast

i should send in an email maybe theyll read it

two can

2540832-6730778194-25041.jpg

Murray's top games

pretty good choices, even if half the list is 2013 (or 2012!!) games that were re-released in 2014

ugh, reminder to not read the comments on Gamespot

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
this being neogaf ill just say it right now mgs5 sucks and anyone who defends it is hitler

What if that was the plot of MGS5? You have to defend the fifth Metal Gear against unknown attackers, and at the end you find out that you're Hitler.

Then it cuts to FMV of Kojima and Keifer Sutherland cooking eggs, smoking, and laughing.

LeBart

What if that was the plot of MGS5? You have to defend the fifth Metal Gear against unknown attackers, and at the end you find out that you're Hitler.

Then it cuts to FMV of Kojima and Keifer Sutherland cooking eggs, smoking, and laughing.

Well, the last one had a talking cat and a robot version of The Boss so... I guess it could happen.

in regards to the people choosing them, or the people talking about the people who choose them?

both, of course

I won't begrudge people choosing them too much, because at end of the day it's just what you played and liked the most, and I can't say "oh you should have played GTA V or TLOU last year!", especially when the remasters were both inevitable and far more inticing.

I just think it leads to a lot of situations where someone is like "2014, huh? Well, GTA sure was sweet!" and I'm like "er, yeah, we knew this last year.
also fuck GTA V.
". And also that comment is annoying too, but ehhhhh. There was loads of cool smaller/less obvious games that'll get pushed out because the remasters leave little presence left for them to take in the conversation. Jazzpunk, Sailor's Dream, Threes!, Tomodachi Life, etc etc.

IDK. I'm just glad Giant Bomb, and most (collective) site lists, don't pull that shit.

Megasoum

Banned
I just realized this morning that FC4 is the only game they could potentially spoil for me next week.

Go dammit, life is though... I guess I'm forced to play FC4 all week to make sure to finish it before goty!

both, of course

I won't begrudge people choosing them too much, because at end of the day it's just what you played and liked the most, and I can't say "oh you should have played GTA V or TLOU last year!", especially when the remasters were both inevitable and far more inticing.

I just think it leads to a lot of situations where someone is like "2014, huh? Well, GTA sure was sweet!" and I'm like "er, yeah, we knew this last year.
also fuck GTA V.
". And also that's annoying too.

IDK. I'm just glad Giant Bomb, and most (collective) site lists, don't pull that shit.

Yeah. I think including them kind of breaks lists though. The games that get remastered or rereleased are, more often than not, already some of the best games at the times of their original releases. Putting out a better version of an already great game shouldn't make it count as a new game though?

Personal lists, I don't care. Site/publication lists though probably shouldn't count them.

Have we talked about how the end of Bombin this week is weird?

Pat saying, 2014 has been a pleasure to Alex, etc, then, "I am sure this is not the last time we'll do something together."

Just interesting phrasing. Could obviously mean just in 2014, but, they already mentioned how 2014 was wrapped up. Dunno.

Yeah. I think including them kind of breaks lists though. The games that get remastered or rereleased are, more often than not, already some of the best games at the times of their original releases. Putting out a better version of an already great game shouldn't make it count as a new game though?

Personal lists, I don't care. Site/publication lists though probably shouldn't count them.

This is basically it.

I've played fuck all "proper" games this year, as it happens, so I'm going to probably include some weird shit in my Game of the Year list.

has there been any official schedule for the rest of Metal Gear Scanlon? I need my fix!

Also i'm driving to a rather rural area for christmas and even 4g is spotty. Going to make it tough to watch if i can't download beforehand.

Pat saying, 2014 has been a pleasure to Alex, etc, then, "I am sure this is not the last time we'll do something together."

Just interesting phrasing. Could obviously mean just in 2014, but, they already mentioned how 2014 was wrapped up. Dunno.

Patrick's leaving to become Dave Lang's lackey.

Tricky needs to bounce back in 2015.
has there been any official schedule for the rest of Metal Gear Scanlon? I need my fix!

Also i'm driving to a rather rural area for christmas and even 4g is spotty. Going to make it tough to watch if i can't download beforehand.

2 more episodes.

My guess it will be Tuesday & Christmas day.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Well, I hope that NY hire they are keeping pretty low-key doesn't mean bad news for the current staff.

I do love me some speculation, though.

Well, I hope that NY hire they are keeping pretty low-key doesn't mean bad news for the current staff.

Sure, I just thought about it more like a new podcast, maybe finally working Vinny into it again.

or maybe he just meant it's not the last time they'll do something in 2014.

I mentioned that possibility, but, they're also going on vacation for the year as he said 30 seconds before this. So, he covered that base.

or maybe he just meant it's not the last time they'll do something in 2014.

Well that's the thing, Patrick has been saying alotta weird stuff. Like when he was talking about writing lists for GB, he was saying things like 'It's been a real honor writing for GB, I've had a great time' etc etc. as if he's about to say goodbye.

Just some real weird phrasing that he's had in the way of him saying things lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom