• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

The Fridge started off as a solid contender. But apparently it's been dropping a few degrees of cooling performance lately - can't have that.

sixghost

i feel like the people who don't realize why mordor works so well are the same people who haven't played Asscreed games in the last half decade. You don't know why Mordor is so successful at what it does because you have no idea how others do it, and how poorly they go about doing it.

At least in Brotherhood it was cool to climb up the Coliseum and Pantheon. Mordor has the most boring open world in video game history with the same 4 buildings in every zone.

popo

I don't think they should have staff on the duder list. I am not even sure gamespot staff should count. I have to imagine it is going to be between Danny and Dan - no matter how many Gaffers vote for the fridge.

I don't think they should have staff on the duder list. I am not even sure gamespot staff should count. I have to imagine it is going to be between Danny and Dan - no matter how many Gaffers vote for the fridge.

pssst...
it's not official

are you saying the duders aren't duders

you sir are not a duder

edit: yes I literally made this myself, I have access to the results, shoutouts to the one guy who voted for Brad

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Vinny and Alex were going on and on about how great they thought Mordor was on that cnet podcast. I think there is a very high probability that Mordor won.

there was also a lot of discussion on Far Cry 4.

lets make assumptions!

At least in Brotherhood it was cool to climb up the Coliseum and Pantheon. Mordor has the most boring open world in video game history with the same 4 buildings in every zone.
I enjoyed what I did in that game so much that I didn't care where I did it. That's kinda what I come for when I play games, especially system heavy games where the emergent gameplay is what I'm looking for.

My hard drive failed and I lost all my Wolfenstein saves. About 6 hours into the game too.

I need to go back to it at some point, but, blarrrrgh. :/

Yeah, I definitely don't think full time employees of Giant Bomb should be on the Duder of the Year list, I'm fine with Gamespot employees. But then that makes it difficult to chose between Danny O'Dwyer and Fridge-kun. Their level of contributions to Giant Bomb live content have been basically equal.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I stopped playing mordor half way through, went back to ac brotherhood and 100%ed it, then played through revelations and got close to 100%ing it, then played about 8 hrs of ac3. No desire to go back to mordor. Boring world, story, and mission design. Good gameplay but no real challenge and I got tired of it.

Myggen

I like that Jeff has, for some reason, put Giant Bomb Gaming Minute on the schedule :p

edit: Also, I won't be able to catch the Day One GOTY stuff until the 27th :(

popo

I like that Jeff has, for some reason, put Giant Bomb Gaming Minute on the schedule :p

edit: Also, I won't be able to catch the Day One GOTY stuff until the 27th :(

Unless you have the time to listen to each podcast as soon as it goes up then you pretty much have to take a break from this thread until you have caught up - assuming you care about spoilers. It might have it's own thread but they always bleed together.

Myggen

Unless you have the time to listen to each podcast as soon as it goes up then you pretty much have to take a break from this thread until you have caught up - assuming you care about spoilers. It might have it's own thread but they always bleed together.

Yeah, both threads will probably be spoiler city with that stuff. I'm sure we'll try to keep the spoilers from bleeding into this thread, but there's never a guarantee.

I will just avoid this thread until I listened to the podcasts. It won't be difficult.

Also, I need more Metal Gear Scanlon. I hope one goes up tonight.

I voted for Dan, because he made Metal Gear Scanlon happen, as well as the roller coaster video, and as well as Mario Party Party. Dan is the best thing to have happened to Giant Bomb this year.

For the House of Leaves book club, I flipped through my copy last night and came up with a reading schedule we could use:

Day 1-12: Introduction - Chapter VII (Pg. 1 - 96)
Day 13 - 18: Chapter VIII - Chapter XII (Pg 97 - 312)
Day 19 - 24: Chapter XIII - Chapter XVIII (Pg 313 - 417)
Day 25 - 30: Chapter XIX - Chapter XXIII (Pg 418 - 528)

I tried to segment it fairly evenly while still picking natural break points in the story so people will have stuff to talk about. Perhaps we could start after New Years once the GOTY stuff finishes up.

Zabant

I voted for Dan, because he made Metal Gear Scanlon happen, as well as the roller coaster video, and as well as Mario Party Party. Dan is the best thing to have happened to Giant Bomb this year.

The best part of Mario Party party is watching Jeff be forced to play it.

Also brad when he starts losing.

The best part of Mario Party party is watching Jeff be forced to play it.

Also brad when he starts losing.

And winning in the middle of the game, only to lose it all. The first game with the coins, the second game with him losing to Dan at the final moments.

Fireblend

Banned
Just grabbed a Mount Your Friends 4-pack on Steam entirely because of the UPF segment from a few days ago. I can't wait for our obligatory xmas meet up now.

Dan mentioned during a MGScanlon recently that Cam Clarke was supposed to have been hard to work with, from what he heard at Kojima Prod earlier in the year.

Has anything heard / read something similar elsewhere? I'm interested to hear more about that.

Dan mentioned during a MGScanlon recently that Cam Clarke was supposed to have been hard to work with, from what he heard at Kojima Prod earlier in the year.

Has anything heard / read something similar elsewhere? I'm interested to hear more about that.
It was Quinton Flynn, though I haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom