• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who thinks Patrick is going to leave GB to go the patreon/freelance route he updated his tumblr with a comment on a Cara article about freelancing http://patrickklepek.tumblr.com/post/105972364384/the-beyonce-freelancing-method-by-cara

That seems like exactly the thing Patrick would do allright.

Anyway does this mean a Alex and Vinny AM show? Because YUS!

Edit. Wait. Maybe he isnt.

Well other writers are making crazy money (for writers) milking the patreon thing. Seems like a thing you would want to jump on now and ride the wave for a few years before it dies off like Kickstarter.

Rumors about Patrick leaving to be a freelancer at the time when his writting has become less than stellar and in the need of a editor.

I mean, he can be a good writter, but his stuff took a nose dive recently

Here's to you, Drew Scanlon and Dan,
Holding Raiden's junk in his hands.
The last and final boss fight is yours,
The confusion is your triumph.

I'm just catching up on MGS and I kinda don't feel like it is THAT complicated. At least at where I'm at (Part 10, after they meet Johnson). I'm sure it gets crazier but right now it seems pretty straight forward.

The Patriots are basically the Illuminati, secretly controlling the world and everything.
Solidus was a pawn of them, fucked up and they want him dead for it. He doesn't want to be dead so he establishes Dead Cell, tries to overtake Arsenal Gear which is a big robot with a lot of missiles (cause it's always good to have one of those if you fight the Illuminati) and detonate a nuke over Manhatten to loosen the Patriot's grip on economy.

The Patriot's also don't like Snake so they try to make him look like a terrorist after they stole an Anti-Metal Gear Metal Gear (RAY) and sank a tanker full of marines. They send another tanker, actually filled with oil and sink it, and then use a cleaning facility to secretly build Arsenal Gear.

Not really sure what Ocelot's deal is but I also don't think you should know that by now.

Seems not THAT complicated to me tbh.
Again: It'll obviously get worse/better later but right now I find it rather easy to follow.

In one of the recaps, I recall Dan and Drew being confused about the
second tanker carrying oil and being sunk over the same spot as the first tanker.
It was mentioned in one of the Codec conversations or a cutscene, but I think they missed it.

In one of the recaps, I recall Dan and Drew being confused about the
second tanker carrying oil and being sunk over the same spot as the first tanker.
It was mentioned in one of the Codec conversations or a cutscene, but I think they missed it.

It was briefly mentioned
I believe either during the Vamp fight, or slightly before it.

It's kinda hard to get why they did it unless you spend time in Codec calls with Snake, but
Basically since the tanker with the Ray was never supposed to exist/wasn't scheduled to be on the river that night, they had to get a 2nd tanker with actual oil in order to create the context for building the Big Shell.

iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

Zabant

Do I remember correctly...Do they just never actually address Solidus' US Army DocOct suit...complete with moving tentacles? Where it came from, why he is constantly wearing it....
there was nothing about it, correct?

Had it custom made for him when he was the president. If I remember correctly solidus is like biologically in his 60's due to the rapid ageing encoded into his genes (even worse than solid snake's) even though he's only really like 30 years old.

The muscle suit helps him in combat situations and makes up for his age, just like
OctoCamo does for old snake in MGS4

MGS ep 13 has been changed to regular schedule (13 hours from now)
truly one of the most interesting people in her field. I just want her to tell me stories forever.
She's a great writer and I really appreciate there being someone like her in game journalism, but personality wise she just doesn't click with me at all. So I secretly (and selfishly) wish GB doesn't hire her.

Sorry :(

MGS ep 13 has been changed to regular schedule (13 hours from now)

It was probably that dadgum GW virus again. First it took out the podcast, then it screwed with the final MGS2 episode time. I fear for the safety of our brave GB crew in this, their final live stream of 2014.

I was pretty young when I beat MGS2 around 13 max and I remember it being one of the first times I actually played something late at night because I wanted to get through it and yep I got freaked out pretty hard.

I was around the same age. I remember my Dad walking in to check on me with this huge wtf expression on his face.

Anyone else think Dan jumped the gun with the whole
Colonel/AI thing, when he immediately brought up the weird vocal affectations thoughout the game to that point?
I totally get his anticipation and sense of relief to finally talk about it, but I think he should have given Drew a little more time to process especially with the definitive Otacon codec yet to come.

Venfayth

Patrick is leaving, what? Why do people say that? That blog post makes it sound like the opposite, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I'm inordinately excited about the next few days of GiantBomb content. Thanks for being great content providers, bombers!

Fjolle

Patrick is leaving, what? Why do people say that? That blog post makes it sound like the opposite, unless I'm missing something.

Also, I'm inordinately excited about the next few days of GiantBomb content. Thanks for being great content providers, bombers!
They are building him a new studio and he says that he wouldn't go freelance every time he talks about freelancers. Surely he is leaving.

chogidogs

They are building him a new studio and he says that he wouldn't go freelance every time he talks about freelancers. Surely he is leaving.

What's studio? The new Cards Against Humanity office? Pretty sure Max Tempkin is paying for that. Patrick is leaving for Cards against Humanity!

Colonel/AI thing, when he immediately brought up the weird vocal affectations thoughout the game to that point?
I totally get his anticipation and sense of relief to finally talk about it, but I think he should have given Drew a little more time to process especially with the definitive Otacon codec yet to come.

Yeah, I thought that was a bit premature. Should have let the confusion stew. But knowing Drew, he probably already guessed it. Like, when I played MGS2 my first time, the GW AI stuff was waaay in the back of my mind that I completely forgot about it and was utterly lost at what was going on with the Colonel. But with all the recaps they do, Drew is constantly reminded of the GW AI, so he probably figured it out.

popo

What's studio? The new Cards Against Humanity office? Pretty sure Max Tempkin is paying for that. Patrick is leaving for Cards against Humanity!

He agreed to make a space for Patrick back when he was desperate for any chance to hang out on a GB stream. Now he has had to go internet dark, for obvious reasons, I guess he is still committed.

At one point on Danny's Half Life charity stream he was shouting "hold my dick" every 30 seconds or so. I think Dan's dad will be just fine.

They also showed some guy's OkCupid profile after he admitted to smoking crack during their Extra Life stream, Dan's dad is going to have his work cut out for him to top that.

daydream

Banned
Wait WHAT? the bombcast is going to be live that will be the bombcast that will be released today as in the weekly bombcast?

This is not a just a live show because, UFP this week is not happening show?

UPF is not happening because GOTY stuff is going on starting Dec 26. Read my OP for clarification (original Bombcast was lost, instead of recording a new one they're doing a Q&A/end-of-the-year show hybrid).

Oop sorry about that just was very confused about the hole thing I just over it I guess :(
Sorry about that.

No worries. :3

UPF is not happening because GOTY stuff is going on starting Dec 26. Read my OP for clarification (original Bombcast was lost, instead of recording a new one they're doing a Q&A/end-of-the-year show hybrid).
Oop sorry about that just was very confused about the hole thing I just over it I guess :(
Sorry about that.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Yeah, way too early to reveal that (even if it didn't really matter, as Drew still wasn't sure about the whole thing). At that point I think a normal player's assumption would be that
it's just something/someone pretending (poorly) to be the colonel, and that the real colonel's communication has been blocked by said pretender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom