• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of the Colonel's calls:

New York. Here in the city where dreams come true and desires rule, something is being bought, sold and thrown away, even as we speak.

But behind the scenes of business as usual, the nefarious "J.E. (Junker Expensive) Corporation" lines its already bloated coffers with profits from worthless products.

As J.E. swindles yet another innocent into purchasing high-priced junk, the FBI mobilizes a top-secret task force to put a stop to the menace.

Now, the city's best-kept secret spy is out there, briefed and ready to protect the people from "J.E.", the catalogue of conspiracy -- just call him "2.5 (Two-point-five)".

Apparently, this is an excerpt of a short story by MGS developer, Shuyo Murata.

And it was adapted as a radio drama and Kojima voiced the protagonist.

is the video not working for anyone else?

I'm watching it now.

So the HD link of MGS2 ep 13 is broken right?
Can someone confirm this for me?
I can only get 16 kb of the HD version, High is 1.9 gigs.

Thanks all

[edit] thanks I did the change the date to the 23rd and it worked.

Xeteh

"I've been inside this arm all along, waiting for the right time to awaken" might be one of the greatest lines in video games.

Dan, two things: firstly, that final boss is a bad boss fight. Having to tell yourself over and over "wow you're fighting the president on top of Federal Hall!!!" is telling. It is shit.

Secondly, that Patriots expo dump is terrible. How can you sit through that and not say "shut the fuck up" even once. It's bad. IT'S SO BAD

THIS GAME'S ENDING IS SO GOOD AND THEN LIQUID LEAVES AND FUCK IT GETS SO BAD

LeBart

781845MGScanlon.png

tchocky

Hey remember when Drew finished MGS1 and he said they probably wouldn't get to starting MGS2 until January because of his vacation and goty. Now in January they can start the best MGS.

Xater

I love MGS2. I still remember replaying it right away and realizing how awesome the whole thing is set up.

Can't wait to see Drew play MGS3, because I have only played that once. It always was my least favorite because of the crapppy original release with the top down camera.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That was great. Can't wait for MGS3. I was hoping Dan would have that intro queued up at the end to give drew a taste of things to come. The snake eater song/intro is fucking amazing

Jintor

Go dI can't believe how stupid Solidus's super suit is lol. Dual swords, micromissiles, tentacles, booster rockets. The whole fucking deal.

Zebetite

Banned
once i get some sleep im going to write a comprehensive guide to appreciating MGS2 (hint: do not take anything that happens in the game literally) and post it here and the comments

maybe drew-senpai will read it~ and even if he doesn't, it can help get first-timers up to speed on a process that took years (years and years and years) to complete: finding the method to hideo's madness in mgs2

basically: nobody had actually figured out mgs2 until mgs4 had already come out to shit all over it. y'all don't got seven years! i'll get your backs.

night night

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The solidus fight is junk. Drew was bad during the liquid fight, which is actually pretty straightforward, but this fight is just poor all round.

Jintor

it is kind of funny and amazing that the patriot stuff is still, possibly even more relevant, to the digital world today

/edit okay like half of it. Once they start talking about self they go completely nuts

jgminto

My favourite part of that end sequence is always Solidus' line,
"I was the one who killed your parents" and Raiden's reaction.
I can't help but laugh every time I see it.

Dan: "I think that MGS 3 is the better story"

YES

Mad respects for Dan as, thought I love MGS2, MGS3 is the better story. And actually, even after all the giggle, the end discussion was interesting.

Thank you Dan and Drew.

/edit okay like half of it.

No really, I think after all the drama in videogame stuff in the middle of the year, the questions of self and memes is also a valid one.

( Offtopic: Ironic that the guy that explained the concept of Memes is kind of trapped in there.)

Jex

it is kind of funny and amazing that the patriot stuff is still, possibly even more relevant, to the digital world today

/edit okay like half of it. Once they start talking about self they go completely nuts

Kojima was actually pretty dead on in terms of his discussions about digital information and the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom