• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I always liked that Ocelot rationalizes Fortune's abilities for a bit there and says there isn't magic or new age mumbo jumbo while Vamp is totally still a vampire who can't die.

Stupid stuff from MGS4:
Vamp is immortal because of nanomachines. Also he's not named Vamp because he can't die or because he's drank blood to survive in the past. If I remember, and I kind of hope I don't, it was because he was a bit of a slut? Or just because he's bisexual, which makes no sense in my mind but probably does to Kojima.

Phediuk

What's going to be the Divekick equivalent for 2014? You know, the "LOL this game is so ironically funny (lol we're being ironic this game sucks [lol no we're not, this game is fucking awesome])" game that inexplicably gets a lot of talk in the GOTY awards? I recall Frog Fractions being that game in another year.

Myggen

I'm confused. Is the latest podcast and the latest live stream the same? The podcast is 3 hours and the stream is an hour 47. Anyone knows?

It is not. The podcast was the first three hours of the stream, and that's not archived as a video on the site. The archived hour 47 video was the last part of the stream, which consists of Jeff playing a few old games, and him and Rorie taking calls.

What's going to be the Divekick equivalent for 2014? You know, the "LOL this game is so ironically funny (lol we're being ironic this game sucks [lol no we're not, this game is fucking awesome])" game that inexplicably gets a lot of talk in the GOTY awards? I recall Frog Fractions being that game in another year.

Nothing ironic about Frog Fractions, that game is straight up awesome.

Stupid stuff from MGS4:
Vamp is immortal because of nanomachines. Also he's not named Vamp because he can't die or because he's drank blood to survive in the past. If I remember, and I kind of hope I don't, it was because he was a bit of a slut? Or just because he's bisexual, which makes no sense in my mind but probably does to Kojima.

He's called vamp because he's gay, and was in a relationship with Fortunes father. Looking up the definition of Vamp-
noun
a seductive woman who uses her sensuality to exploit men.

So....I guess?

SmithnCo

Am I wrong or did Drew say that he's not sure if he's going to do something after MGS2?

I recall he said they wouldn't do more that day or something.

They gotta do 3 and 4. 3 because Drew would probably like it the most and 4 because that insanity needs to be witnessed.

Myggen

Patrick Klepek @patrickklepek · 30 minutes ago

Happy holidays, y'all! Thanks for your support in 2014. Can't think of anything I'd rather do but this. Let's have a kick ass 2015, yeah?

Patrick leaving GB confirmed??????? ;)

daydream

Banned
30th, five days.

edit: Fuck you, Daydreaming.

af6Sdd9.gif

newjeruse

Drew is completely correct about MGS2. There are certainly interesting strings and characters, but it all devours itself because Kojima couldn't edit himself. MGS3 is so much better in every regard.

William

Giantbomb influenced my christmas day this year because I got my brother to play through Frog Fractions. He loved it, it will be forever my "URL of the year"

Thanks Giantbomb.

Fjordson

Just finished MG Scanlon 2. This is definitely my favourite thing on the site. Can't wait for Snake Eater.

Also, this reaffirmed that MGS 2 is my favourite Metal Gear. I just love its descent into madness. And there's some interesting story stuff going on beneath the silliness.

popo

I hope they give it 6 months before playing mgs3. Any premium members who don't care for metal gear have had it rough lately.

Bacon

I hope they give it 6 months before playing mgs3. Any premium members who don't care for metal gear have had it rough lately.

I don't care for metal gear and I've loved this series. I do think they need one more premium series though. Looking at you brad and jeff >.>

Chuck

Still without luck
Dan took it on himself to be proactive in creating premium content.

Nothing stopping anyone else from creating something, I'm sure.

it seems like the same amount of normal premium stuff from the last year or so with just the mgs on top!

same amount of load your last save and flight club

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys...random question...

So I've been doing some cleaning up around the appartment today and found my old Game Gear.

Obviously the batteries all leaked by now. I imagine there's nothing I can do with it once that happened?

Volotaire

Playing MGS3 with the original camera

feeling good about it

You are crazy.

Well, so I was playing MGS3 I was on
The End boss and killed him
. Because I system restored the PS3 it wouldn't recognise my user and would not svae. That's fine, I'll sign into PSN. Oh guess what. Servers are down :/.

daydream

Banned
Hey guys...random question...

So I've been doing some cleaning up around the appartment today and found my old Game Gear.

Obviously the batteries all leaked by now. I imagine there's nothing I can do with it once that happened?

There's tutorials for replacing the battery on YT and whatnot.

RetroGAF is *very* knowledgeable when it comes to hardware. I'm not sure if there's a dedicated Game Gear community, though. Just ask in the Mega Drive thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509554

Megasoum

Banned
There's tutorials for replacing the battery on YT and whatnot.

RetroGAF is *very* knowledgeable when it comes to hardware. I'm not sure if there's a dedicated Game Gear community, though. Just ask in the Mega Drive thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509554

Well I didn't have a rechargeable pack, it was 6 standards AA batteries directly in the Gamegear that leaked all over the place.

Anyway, not a big deal but it sucks to throw away old consoles.

Zaph

Well I didn't have a rechargeable pack, it was 6 standards AA batteries directly in the Gamegear that leaked all over the place.

Anyway, not a big deal but it sucks to throw away old consoles.
Multi purpose AC adapter plugged into the DC-In?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom