• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
I've lost myself to Destiny. It's the best bad game I've ever played.

I'd say it has the best art direction of the year. I understand why it lost best looking. That broadly, others do beat it.

Even the fictional logos in Destiny on vendor emblems and the like are really solid stuff.

The visuals hint at a fully realized world that the story never makes good on.

Jothel

Did they forget to edit the D4 portion of the video? there's a lot of them saying "we'll edit this out" "I just wanna get past this bit" and Jason asking Drew to re-ask the question. Fair enough if they did miss this, seems like they need an awful lot of editing for all the other parts.

Egg0

Banned
I thought it was suppose to be like a 2nd quick look. I guess they want it to be a bit more professional.

It was weird when Drew asked Alex how long the game was twice.

BanGy.nz

Banned
they

they should probably give Cara a job

like, as in "this is by far the next best step the site could take and prioritising anything else is fucking insane" probably
Yup yup.

"This game is the Citizen Kane of ripped, naked big-dicked dudes in love. It’s the fucking Citizen Kane of fucking."

Kanye Zone is 100 times more a game than Destiny and that's an undeniable fact

Brad will read this post and weep Cackalacky tears at its truthfulness

i mean it may not have been the same version

but i remember playing the kanye zone game last year

like 3 of her games came out in 2013

shes not even with the times

daydream

Banned
they

they should probably give Cara a job

like, as in "this is by far the next best step the site could take and prioritising anything else is fucking insane" probably

yes

yes

send solid scanlon to infiltrate the ministry of foreign affairs and extract a greencard if you must

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
What's the policy on GOTY discussion spoilers itt?

I'm thinking of holding off for the massive flight I have ahead of me in the new year. I should probably avoid this thread, right?

daydream

Banned
What's the policy on GOTY discussion spoilers itt?

I'm thinking of holding off for the massive flight I have ahead of me in the new year. I should probably avoid this thread, right?

You mostly wanna avoid the GOTY thread if you're going on a complete blackout.

Jintor

The only topic I should really need to skip is best story and maybe GOTY right? Damnit... I just haven't had the chance to play games for like six months out of this year @_@

Megasoum

Banned
The only topic I should really need to skip is best story and maybe GOTY right? Damnit... I just haven't had the chance to play games for like six months out of this year @_@

They hinted at a "Best Moment" category today that would, among other things, spoil the end off Valiant Hearts.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So the main thing people have been freaking out about in desert golfing is that the color shifts?

What?

Though it's mainly the idle thumbs who were doing the freaking out.

Megasoum

Banned
Crap i guess i want to skip the next GOTY podcast because i really want to play valiant hearts......

I've been forcing myself to play through the game tonight and it's not exactly fun (especially when I could be playing Farcry 4 instead). From the walkthrough I'm looking at right now I'm a bit short of halfway through the game...ugh.

Dany

Banned
Cuties, i'm intoxicated.

Today was a great day of GB content, podcast, video and article were all AAA. Also is there a desert golf QL. I could use that nowow.

Ketch

6on3xiE.gif

what is the story here?

FStop7

Banned
Biggest Surprise should have been both negative and positive. That way Destiny could have swept Biggest Surprise and Biggest Disappointment.

shwimpy

Just finished MGS3 for the first time. It started off slow but my goodness, the last half was perhaps probably the most engaged I've ever been with a game. The main characters and story were brilliantly executed and the cinematography in cut-scenes, especially
The Boss
fight was absolutely beautiful.

My only complaint is
The Cobras
didn't get enough screentime/character development and the fights felt kind of shoehorned in there as you went along but at least
The End and The Sorrow
fights were pretty memorable.

I could tell Kojima got a lot of shit for the ending of 2 'cause 3's ending was so coherent, haha. I did miss the batshit, craziness that was 2 but I'm sure I'll get more than enough of that in 4 and Rising.

Anyway, I beat 1, 2 and now 3 in a span of a week or so. I finally realize the brilliance that is the mind of Kojima. His storytelling and boss design is probably second to none. Thank you Dan/Drew/Giantbomb for finally getting me to play this incredible series.

Xeteh

Just finished MGS3 for the first time. It started off slow but my goodness, the last half was perhaps probably the most engaged I've ever been with a game. The main characters and story were brilliantly executed and the cinematography in cut-scenes, especially
The Boss

My only complaint is
The Cobras
didn't get enough screentime/character development and the fights felt kind of shoehorned in there as you went along but at least
The End and The Sorrow

I could tell Kojima got a lot of shit for the ending of 2 'cause 3's ending was so coherent, haha. I did miss the batshit, craziness that was 2 but I'm sure I'll get more than enough of that in 4 and Rising.

Anyway, I beat 1, 2 and now 3 in a span of a week or so. I finally realize the brilliance that is the mind of Kojima. His storytelling and boss design is probably second to none. Thank you Dan/Drew/Giantbomb for finally getting me to play this incredible series.

That is awesome, man. The MGS games aren't for everyone but if they work for you they are fantastic games. Glad you're digging them as much as you are.

PS: MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever.

jgminto

My only complaint is
The Cobras
The End and The Sorrow

Yes, I'd say that's a problem with all of the games past the original. While the bosses were the least fun to fight they had the most personality in the series.

MNC

The Boss

My only complaint is
The Cobras
The End and The Sorrow

Once I bought the HD collection and finally finished 2 and 3, I've gone full MGS. My favorite gaming series, probably.

daydream

Banned
I wanna hear what Jeff thinks about Puyo Puyo Tetris. He was very excited to dig into it on the Tuesday stream.

I hope it's terrible so that I can feel less bad about the missing localisation. ;-;

Anth0ny

The Boss

My only complaint is
The Cobras
The End and The Sorrow

Glad you're enjoying them. I personally believe 3 is the best in the franchise.

I'm definitely #teampatrick when it comes to MGS: 3 and 1 are by far the best, though 2 and 4 are still great games.

daydream

Banned
I was lucky to get a Sentris key earlier. Thanks to Samantha for giving those away!

I spent some time with the game and it seems much improved from the version I played, I dunno, a year or so ago (I think that was the KS demo). I'm digging it!

-Mikey-

I had some extra cash to buy some dlc or smaller titles on PSN, but can't since it's down. I decided to do the next best thing and become a premium member. I want to start with metal gear scanlon.

The Boss

My only complaint is
The Cobras
The End and The Sorrow

I thought
the Cobra unit not being developed characters was a good thing as it kept the player focused on the relationship between Big Boss and The Boss. It made her more important and amplified the player's reaction to her fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom