• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
NimbleDependableHippopotamus.gif

Look at the disrespect for greg

i mean jesus christ

Megasoum

Banned
Won't have time to listen until later tonight and don't want to check the article because of spoilers... Can anybody tell me what are the 4 categories today?

All right...skipping it then... I guess I'll have to leave the 2 GB threads for a little while.

Stupid family parties preventing me from playing FC4 ughh

I just found the time stamp for the FC4 discussion, it's 9:00 - 10:55, I'm not done yet with the podcast so I'm not sure if theres more past the first hour.

Curufinwe

Damn those kids and their twisting.

@jeffgerstmann 2 hours ago
Wasn’t Sony’s excuse for charging for online play on PS4 that it needed to maintain a better, more stable network? Going great, guys.

@bradshoemaker 2 hours ago
@jeffgerstmann really highlights how miserably behind Microsoft Sony is on network features. weakest aspect of the PS4, easily

@jeffgerstmann 44 minutes ago
Cool to see some people still want to twist everything into some kind of fired shot in the war between the consoles. Keep on fighting, kids!

Can anyone let me know what games are spoiled in today's podcast? Or, a link to a post where someone has already laid it out.

Would be much appreciated!

Can anyone let me know what games are spoiled in today's podcast? Or, a link to a post where someone has already laid it out.

Would be much appreciated!

The Fall and Danganronpa 1 (lightly) were spoiled... More so The Fall. Assassin's Creed: Unity's ending was talked about in Most Disappointing
but more because the game admits everything you did meant nothing to the greater story.

Novoitus

Banned

Wasn’t Sony’s excuse for charging for online play on PS4 that it needed to maintain a better, more stable network? Going great, guys.

@jeffgerstmann really highlights how miserably behind Microsoft Sony is on network features. weakest aspect of the PS4, easily

Cool to see some people still want to twist everything into some kind of fired shot in the war between the consoles. Keep on fighting, kids!

yo he's absolutely right

Tamanon

Banned

Is this more proof that Jeff hates Brad?

Considering Alex played the exact same segment that was in the QL.

Yeah and they played the 8 player Smash previously on UPF and then the 3DS one on another UPF, plus a Quick look. I was hoping people would use it as a way to get them to check out games they haven't seen or played before.

Dany

Banned
Yeah and they played the 8 player Smash previously on UPF and then the 3DS one on another UPF, plus a Quick look. I was hoping people would use it as a way to get them to check out games they haven't seen or played before.
Nah, I want to see them suffer through destiny and sonic boom

Xater

Which was the idea behind it but it ended up like this. Really a bummer. D4 was a total repeat and watching them play Smash is uninteresting.

It would have been better if their voting system had actually worked instead of us losing the ability to vote for loads of games because they came out in Japan before 2014.

I hope the other games will be more interesting because D4 was just the exact same sequence we already saw and Smash Bros was a bit boring, especially with all of them playing so there wasnt any extra conversation going on.

I much prefer watching them each play their number one games at the end of each day.

Xater

It would have been better if their voting system had actually worked instead of us losing the ability to vote for loads of games because they came out in Japan before 2014.

I hope the other games will be more interesting because D4 was just the exact same sequence we already saw and Smash Bros was a bit boring, especially with all of them playing so there wasnt any extra conversation going on.

I much prefer watching them each play their number one games at the end of each day.

That is also why I don't participate in their user GOTY thing. I have Wateland 2 as my GOTY but they have it as a 2013 title in thei database because of Early Access.

the stuff at the end is always kind of boring.

especially now that getting the group together is such a rare thing, next year they should just look at whatever they want. don't restrict it to their number one picks and of course don't let fans pick.

or ditch it entirely and use the extra time to do whatever vinny wants to do.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Played through The Fall because I figure if it wins best story it must be something special and it's cheap and short so why not? Kind of disappointing, to be honest. The dialogue is very well-written but the premise feels a bit shopworn and ultimately it's kind of slight and ends with a twist ending I feel like I should've seen coming. It's not a bad story, but it's not amazing either, and I downright didn't like the actual gmae parts. It's got nice atmosphere, a decent look (though I think The Swapper did a similar style a bit better, and also hits a lot of similar notes), and like I said it's quite well-written, but it just didn't really do much for me. I don't think it explores its themes as well as it could have and it doesn't get really interesting until the last third.

Indignate

No guys, if we continue to get them to play Smash more, they'll eventually fall in love with it I swear.

By the time they get to Mario Party 7, that will already be their favorite franchise.

It's how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom