• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Man, I'm like a month late and insanely off topic, but am I the only person who really wanted to play persona q once I heard that music in the quick look?

I couldn't watch the quick look because I haven't played Persona 3 or 4 yet. But have listened to the Persona Q music quite a few times since the first trailer. It's damn catchy.

Btw, P3FES is downloaded to my PS3 and the PS4Golden card is in my Vita, I plan to catch up within the next months :p

I couldn't watch the quick look because I haven't played Persona 3 or 4 yet. But have listened to the Persona Q music quite a few times since the first trailer. It's damn catchy.

Btw, P3FES is downloaded to my PS3 and the PS4Golden card is in my Vita, I plan to catch up within the next months :p

see you in June-ish

So I'm just laying in bed today because I managed to catch something from family during xmas, and feel mad sick. Can't even summon the energy to even play Pokemon on my 3DS really.

Watching funny giant bomb content seems like the best use of my time right now Watching old stream where Ryan played Pokemon Snap, and some of the jokes still hit so well.

Anyone wanna recommended some funny giant bomb content while I'm laying here on my sick day?

Man, I'm like a month late and insanely off topic, but am I the only person who really wanted to play persona q once I heard that music in the quick look?

I've sunk 60+ hours in Persona Q, and I haven't even finished it.

So I'm just laying in bed today because I managed to catch something from family during xmas, and feel mad sick. Can't even summon the energy to even play Pokemon on my 3DS really.

Watching funny giant bomb content seems like the best use of my time right now Watching old stream where Ryan played Pokemon Snap, and some of the jokes still hit so well.

Anyone wanna recommended some funny giant bomb content while I'm laying here on my sick day?

The Fortune Street TNT or the Mario Party streams have become the default "throw something funny on in the background" options.

The Best of Giant Bomb playlist is really good.

Also, I dunno if you guys have seen this yet, but I found this Tumblr: http://danryckertjustsaid.tumblr.com/

I found this picture on the Tumblr:

d62IQ97.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I dunno what to do... I feel like I should finish Valiant Hearts and COD before listening to the podcasts (only listened to day 1 so far) but I'm getting so far behind on the episodes now and I'm about to go to the gym so I need something to listen too...ugh.

tchocky

I dunno what to do... I feel like I should finish Valiant Hearts and COD before listening to the podcasts (only listened to day 1 so far) but I'm getting so far behind on the episodes now and I'm about to go to the gym so I need something to listen too...ugh.

The end of Valiant Hearts was spoiled today/Day 4 so beware of that.

daydream

Banned

Learn to stop worrying and love the spoiler.

The spoiler for The Fall made me want to instantly play a game I would have probably never cared about.

Edit: The argument on today's cast for Local Multiplayer is making me hurt....

PQ actually is way less of a straight Etrian Odyssey reskin than I was expecting. Hell, the other day I spent like 15 minutes doing an entirely text-based side quest to track down who stole Chie's meat jelly so my opinion of Persona Q is that it's fantastic and people should buy it.

daydream

Banned
persona Q and hyrule warriors are pretty much the same when it comes to determining your possible enjoyment of the product

they're both great

Destiny not being on Jeff's top 10 is ever so slightly worrying about it's chances of being on the top 10, but I doubt he would fight hard to keep it off the list and Brad could land it in 8-10.

Megasoum

Banned
So I just finished listening to the day 2 podcast and there's two things I realized today...

1-I've been following GB since 2008 so by now I have a pretty good idea of what each of the staff members like and don't like as far as games goes... Like there's not really much surprises (except maybe Jeff who seemed to have changed quite a bit in the last year...anyway). The only exception to that rule though is story... I feel like every single time someone talk about a game's story it's always to say that it's shit... Like I literally feel like they hate every single video game stories ever written. I dunno... sometimes coming from some of them if almost feel like they are snobbing video game story writting which I think is unwarranted. Sure there's some stinkers like in every other medias (book, movies, tv shows, etc) but there's also some great stuff.

Anyway

2-I know that it's necessary for the podcast and there's isn't really any ways around it but the spoilers during GOTY podcasts kinda bum me up. It's not even that I'm necessarly against spoilers (if there's warning before like they do on GOTY) but the thing is that the GOTY podcasts are often a great way to discover games you either missed or didn't even knew existed throughout the year and makes you want to play them.... And then they spoil the ending 10minutes later. The Fall was a great example of that this year. I vaguely remember the quicklook but I haven't heard anybody talk about it all year and then Vinny manage to sell me on it in less than 5 minutes but then spoils the big twist ending right after... Bummer.

Did anyone do this yet?

Here is Brad's old tweet...

qo9s9SX.png

So, up the 4 days...

2:17:29
2:20:42
1:41:57
1:28:24

Total Current Runtime = 7:48:32

So, tomorrow podcast (I think) = 4:05:14

edit - probably closer to 4:10:00, If the music the the first 4 days added more.

Lelcar

This is awesome. I was wondering about this.

Also, I guess they're going to put out the last three staff top tens tomorrow? I feel like they should have started rolling those lists out a couple days before Day 1, but oh well.

I can't wait for how crazy tomorrow's deliberations are going to be. The staff is so divided this year, it's great!

Haint

Did anyone do this yet?

Here is Brad's old tweet...

qo9s9SX.png

So, up the 4 days...

edit - probably closer to 4:10:00, If the music the the first 4 days added more.

How do they have time to do this and how do they expect people to have the time to listen to it? That's just over the top bonkers.

Dares

I always hear people talk about wanting short podcasts in general but I am the opposite and love long form stuff.

I guess that's why I watch so much Twitch.

KingKong

I always hear people talk about wanting short podcasts in general but I am the opposite and love long form stuff.

I guess that's why I watch so much Twitch.

Yeah its an easy way to knock off half of a workday. Cant wait for the Vinny and Alex cast

Megasoum

Banned
Ok I was dissapointed that they were playing Smash on the day 2 and ended up skipping most of of it....But oh man Day 3 redeemed haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom