• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

This is a pretty huge loss. They need to have someone good lined up for a replacement, because otherwise they've completely lost one of the more different voices and a connection to the aspects of crazier underside of gaming that they otherwise don't touch.

If only the would hire Cara....

And yeah people in here already suspected it. It was always weird to build up a New York office and then still have that one guy in Chicago.

God damn it Alex better gets another show going...with Vinny...

daydream

Banned
If only the would hire Cara....

And yeah people in here already suspected it. It was always weird to build up a New York office and then still have that one guy in Chicago.

God damn it Alex better gets another show going...with Vinny...

I hope it's Alex, Vinny and a third GB chair
Cara

Those CNET guys - no thank you.

I hope it's Alex, Vinny and a third GB chair
Cara

Those CNET guys - no thank you.

What you don't like this guy !?

Fnb52jL.png

tchocky

I think the Horror coverage will suffer a lot. I don't know if Jason is a big horror guy.

The only hope with that is Dan who mentioned on today's podcast that he had played a lot of the horror list but it will only be in the ql format and not with spookin style it could be fun with Drew who seems to get scared easily going by Neverending Nightmares QL.

Megasoum

Banned
I remember him replying to a question on Tumblr a couple of weeks ago where he was saying he wasn't interested in going on the dev side just to do community management but he would be interested if he was in charge of curating an indie label.

I always thought that that answer was weirdly specific.

Myggen

I remember him replying to a question on Tumblr a couple of weeks ago where he was saying he wasn't interested in going on the dev side just to do community management but he would be interested if he was in charge of curating an indie label.

I always thought that that answer was weirdly specific.

You might be onto something there.

Zaph

Said this in the other thread, but this is kind of a net gain. Even is Patrick is doing something not exactly editorial related at CAH - his stuff will no doubt still be out there. And now GB gets a fully fledged NY location (for such a small site they were way too scattered).

But yeah, those studio tweets. Not a good look.

Fjordson

Not really surprised by Patrick leaving. Him being on his own in Chicago was an awkward fit and solo content has never been what makes Giant Bomb great.

I wonder if this means they'll get someone new in San Fran? Or maybe someone new out East with Vinny and Alex. Either way, I hope they're as good of a hire as Dan was
aka the perfect hire.

Megasoum

Banned
Also

anonymous asked:

Hey Patrick, just a brief question this week: What are you most looking forward to in 2015, whether it's in video games, other media, or just your life in general?

2013 was a transition year. 2014 felt a bit..static. I wanna go big in 2015.

anonymous asked:

I'm happy for you and Vinny, being in the cities you want/need to be, I really am. You have both taken decisions that you should have made. That said, it's kind of bumming me out watching the latest content. It's awesome seeing everybody together. Good luck with the deliberations!

It’s rough, man. Sometimes you need a change, and sometimes change finds you. That’s life. Nothing ever stays the way it is. But it’s also what makes life interesting, exciting, and novel. You constantly need to reinvent yourself. What you value at 20-years-old is not what you value at 30-years-old, and there’s no way to know how those values are going to change. It just does. But there’s such a special thing going here, and it’s been a privledge to find ways to keep it going, even as our lives begin to change.

atdmin asked:

I sometimes think Jeff is in an unusual position as being an "older" video games writer. I wish for you to stay around as long as possible, but the industry doesn't seem to allow people to do that. Have you thought about what you would want to do if you had/wanted to change careers? Possibly a real life spelunker? What ever it is please try to write in your free time. Thanks.

The idea of changing careers entirely sounds terrifying. I suppose it’s possible, but can’t tell you how one would pull it off. Lateral moves make more sense to me. Helping curate a label within a publisher focused on independent games? Sure.

Curufinwe

Who's going to talk about Danganronpa and Zero Escape now.

You didn't even get to Ace Attorney before you left, Patrick! Damn it.

But he made Bayonetta 2 his #1 and (I assume) fought to get it high on the overall top 10, so he left on a high note.

Someone needs to make a video of his best GB moments with Moon River as the background music ASAP.

daydream

Banned
But he made Bayonetta 2 his #1 and (I assume) fought to get it high on the overall top 10, so he left on a high note.

Someone needs to make a video of his best GB moments with Moon River as the background music ASAP.

Scoops' top 10 is probably the best top 10 on the site.

sikkinixx

Sucks, I liked Patrick but it seemed inevitable. He's the only one in Chicago so aside from Bombing in the AM all his stuff has been solo (and realistically could just be a "let's play" Twitch channel). Plus his real talent in more serious journalism-esc work seems more contrasted with the hijinks of GB now than ever so maybe he'll wanna be somewhere else that focuses on that stuff?

I am nervous about the shitstorm of bullshit that will spew if GB doesn't hire a minority or woman for GB East following the Dan/Jason stuff earlier in the year. That was really depressing.

Also, the lack of capitalization in his e-mails to Ryan makes me angry. I'm glad he fucking left
:( no I'm not

Tricky starting a indie game studio makes sense

fast forward to

• E3 2015 Sony Stage
  • Adam Boyes introduces Patrick Klepek
  • Klepek introduces his new game about Dinosaurs taking over the world
  • Quick Look EX featuring Jeff , Dan & Patrick
  • Game gets reviewed well and sells a lot $$$

• Patrick uses his money to buy Giant bomb off CBSi
  • And we are back baby

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Dan: I hear there's more to life than wrestling and Metal Gear, but in case there isn't, you've got us all covered. You've brought a tremendous (and seemingly boundless) amount of energy to the site at time it really needs it. And hey, if you need another rollercoaster buddy, holler. This time, let's go backwards.

Patrick wants to push Dan off the roller coaster. It's all so obvious now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom