• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Jeez @ some of the comments in the Patrick leaving thread. I knew some people really liked Patrick, but I didn't realize they really dislike everyone else at GB :lol

Renpatsu

Good luck Scoops!

My new avatar is adorable.
image.php

Spectacular.

Myggen

Jeez @ some of the comments in the Patrick leaving thread. I knew some people really liked Patrick, but I didn't realize they really dislike everyone else at GB :lol

Some people hated Patrick at the site, and some people hate GB. That's just how the world turns, there's enough hate to go around to everyone.

Didn't Jim Sterling go independent because his writing was being stifled? I would assume GiantBomb gave Scoops all the freedom he wanted to write anything he wanted.

He also wouldn't need a large professional office space to go independent.

Giant Bomb's Tumblr fanbase has been pretty vocal today too. I can see it: Patrick is far and away the most talkative on the crew with social issues, it sucks they're losing that voice.

I kinda like Giant Bomb because it always feels like its changing. Even when they are at their best there's always something crazy on the horizon.

Also, two mentions of Cara Ellison on the last episode of Bombin'. BELIEVE.

Bacon

Yeah I had actually never considered that some people visited giantbomb just to see Patrick's content exclusively. That's pretty interesting to me, I wonder how many people did the same.

I'm already prepared for Vinny setting up the NYC office, making sure everything works and organized, get some new people hired for Alex, and then at some point next year he leaves to produce The Tonight Show with Stephen Colbert.

Myggen

Yeah, people were calling Patrick leaving here for weeks, if not months. I didn't believe it, mostly based on the pictures he was posting of that new studio etc. But looking back, especially the last minute of the last Bombin' was a huge sign. Also, I understand it, he has been pretty sidelined since his move to Chicago. It's just difficult to be on a site like GB when you're alone, look how much more content Alex has been in since Vinny moved.

Best of luck to Patrick.

I would be shocked if his new job didn't involve CAH in some way.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, people were calling Patrick leaving here for weeks, if not months. I didn't believe it, mostly based on the pictures he was posting of that new studio etc. But looking back, especially the last minute of the last Bombin' was a huge sign. Also, I understand it, he has been pretty sidelined since his move to Chicago. It's just difficult to be on a site like GB when you're alone, look how much more content Alex has been in since Vinny moved.

Best of luck to Patrick.

I would be shocked if his new job didn't involve CAH in some way.

Yeah, I just hope that now that Vinny's situation will be setteling down in January and now that they will get a third person in NY that the GBEast office will finally take its place in the GB family. Right now, like I've said previously in this thread, for me Alex and Vinny are simply not in GB anymore... They are doing good work (albeit limited) with their new thing but they are just not part of GB anymore. Hopefully this will change in 2015.

PS: WTF is wrong with your avatar?

Yeah, I just hope that now that Vinny's situation will be setteling down in January and now that they will get a third person in NY that the GBEast office will finally take its place in the GB family. Right now, like I've said previously in this thread, for me Alex and Vinny are simply not in GB anymore... They are doing good work (albeit limited) with their new thing but they are just not part of GB anymore. Hopefully this will change in 2015.

He lost

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all the Cara stuff are just wishful thinking right? no actual evidence that could happen?

Myggen

I lost the GOTY avatar bet; My bet was that Destiny wouldn't be in the GB top 10. I underestimated Brad, he slipped it in there like the master he is.

Also yeah, first thing first would be a new podcast! With Alex and Vinny + whoever they hire + guest(s)?

all the Cara stuff are just wishful thinking right? no actual evidence that could happen?

Wishful thinking, yeah.

Choosing Myggen's avatar took me to some dark places of the internet. It's not even a satisfying victory for me as I don't think Destiny should be on the top 10.

Zaph

Zoe's list was posted. The comments don't look moderated, yet they're all....nice?

2014 ending better than it started.

Myggen

Zoe's list was posted. The comments don't look moderated, yet they're all....nice?

2014 ending better than it started.

Two moderated comments. One was "ugh", didn't see the second one. But it's not too bad. The comments have generally been great this year for everything posted. Guess GamerGate and all that surrounded it removed the biggest assholes from the communities who cared enough about that stuff to kick them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom