• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad: I've known you since I was an early teenager, back on the ol' IRC. Then, you were rudds, dammit. I don't know what people call you now, but I'm gonna keep calling you rudds. You've been a friend for nearly half my life, and it was an honor to call you a co-worker the past few years. Something tells me it's not the last time, and I truly hope that's the case. Thanks for all the beers, laughs, and grammar fixes.

Rudds is Brads real name

He's not leaving editorial according to his article. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to go the Jim Sterling route.

Jim & Tricky should team up
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Zaph

He's not leaving editorial according to his article. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to go the Jim Sterling route.

I think that would be borderline crazy - he doesn't have that kind of fanbase.

My money's on CAH setting up something editorial related. Those guys just spent $200k on an island as a joke - they have money to experiment and are probably looking to expand their brand.

Bacon

"One moment does stick out. In the middle of the dance floor, our eyes locked. I don't know what song was playing, but let's say it was "Don't Stop Believing," since it makes the story sound way more awesome. Picture that song in your head for a second, okay? Unprompted, and despite our only real social encounter having been a dinner earlier that night, Ryan grabbed me, and tossed me into the air. He spun me in circles for what, at the time, seemed like several minutes. We sang, and he set me down."

This is too good.

Patrick Klepek said:
Brad: I've known you since I was an early teenager, back on the ol' IRC. Then, you were rudds, dammit. I don't know what people call you now, but I'm gonna keep calling you rudds. You've been a friend for nearly half my life, and it was an honor to call you a co-worker the past few years. Something tells me it's not the last time, and I truly hope that's the case. Thanks for all the beers, laughs, and grammar fixes.

Brad leaving to join Patrick at his new job confirmed.

I wasn't a fan of Patrick since his EGM days and I hated hearing that he'd be joining the GB crew, but he slowly grew on me. I'm going to miss Poopin' with Scoops. Good luck!

Volotaire

Patrick just posted.

Haha. I'm not going to Nintendo, and I'm not becoming a community manager. :)

I'm also OK saying I'm not going independent and opening up a Patreon, either.

I did want to stop by and say hi, though. NeoGAF was one of my first homes--people forget I was a moderator way, way, way back in the pre-NEO days. You've treated me very well during my tenure at Giant Bomb, even when we haven't seen eye-to-eye. Thanks for that.

It's a shame that Giant Bomb's most unique voice is leaving and I can only hope the person they bring on also brings a different perspective to the site. However, I'm glad he's going to continue producing video and editorial content. Good luck to Patrick. I'm a true fan and plan to continue following what you do in the future.

An-Det

That's a bummer, best of luck to him. I've always enjoyed his debates and content, so I'll definitely follow him on those. Super curious where he lands.

Bacon

Spelunkin' with Scoops was my favorite feature he ever did. I learned a lot about the game that I hadn't previously known before thanks to that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom