• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well not with that attitude. But seriously, I've found way more worthwhile gaming experiences exclusive to the 3DS than Vita.

I love my 3ds too (heck, I bought a n3ds) but as far as game libraries go I like my vita more. Though I honestly don't like quite a number of Nintendo franchises.

Jintor

I love my 3ds too (heck, I bought a n3ds) but as far as game libraries go I like my vita more. Though I honestly don't like quite a number of Nintendo franchises.

Fucking Nintendo EU came out with like two 60+ hour RPGs back to back. I started trying to play Pokemon in Japanese, but then Persona Q came out and I can't play that in Japanese... haven't even picked up Rune Factory or Fantasy Life yet... jesus christ.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jeff bringing up Cards Against Humanity for a second made me wonder... whatever happened to Max Temkin after the "event" that happened earlier in the year? Did GB/Patrick just cut ties with him? I assume that GB expansion thing is never happening at this point?

Jeff bringing up Cards Against Humanity for a second made me wonder... whatever happened to Max Temkin after the "event" that happened earlier in the year? Did GB/Patrick just cut ties with him? I assume that GB expansion thing is never happening at this point?

Regardless of the accusations, that wasn't happening. It was being dealt with by Ryan. Even before he passed away it sounded like it was getting stalled out by various things.

Oxirane

I also wondered why they never played the chromecast versions of CAH-like games.

Patrick definitely hangs out with Max, they started a Lost rewatch podcast a few months ago (which seems to have died) and Patrick's been posting pictures of a studio which I believe was set up by CAH. If I remember right Jeff quite recently said (on his blog or a Jar Time?) that he'd still like to do something with them.

ArjanN

Yikes, kind wished I hadn't gone down that rabbit hole....

But yeah, if that's actually the reason (it might not be after all) it isn't "strange" that the group of people you spent a good portion of the year shitting on aren't returning your calls now.

I guess, but from what I've seen I wouldn't anything take he says at face value, since he's clearly doing a character all the time, and that character is supposed to be some sort of weird abrasive anonymous killer or something.

Myggen

I love that Johnny V is still able to do dumb shit like that rap song, even in a higher position at Disney :) Great way to end the year!

William

Sad to see Patrick go, I always liked him. Be interesting to see what he does next!

This years Game of the Year lists by the crew and the guests have been great, and the skits in the videos were awesome. Haven't listened to the podcasts as I always find them frustrating so giving them a miss this year.

As someone going though a major Spelunky addiction right now and in light of the news, anyone remember some of the good Spelunkin' episodes?

Mainly ones with Dave Lang or when he beat Olmec for the first time.

I suck at this game. I have been playing it nearly daily for 3 months and havent beat Olmec once.

I even bought the PC version so I could do a daily twice a day!

danm999

I guess, but from what I've seen I wouldn't anything take he says at face value, since he's clearly doing a character all the time, and that character is supposed to be some sort of weird abrasive anonymous killer or something.

Well yeah, I've seen him post on the AV Club (mostly the Shield reviewis) a few times and on Twitter every now and then so I'm not 100% on his schtick and whether he never breaks character or means everything he says, which is why I said it was only speculation, however...

I do have a hard time reconciling the idea his weird abrasive anonymous killer would be that passive aggressive and upset he's not getting to write a Top 10 list for Giant Bomb vs. the person behind the character feeling that way.

Myggen

Well yeah, I've seen him post on the AV Club (mostly the Shield reviewis) a few times and on Twitter every now and then so I'm not 100% on his schtick and whether he never breaks character or means everything he says, which is why I said it was only speculation, however...

I do have a hard time reconciling the idea his weird abrasive anonymous killer would be that passive aggressive and upset he's not getting to write a Top 10 list for Giant Bomb vs. the person behind the character feeling that way.

I used to be part of the A.V. Club community back when ZMF was active. It's a character, but it's clear that he's using it to get a lot of his personal opinions out there too. I can understand that he feels left out not being asked to do a list this year, but at the same time I completely understand why he was left out.

ZM acting like a baby about being left out is exactly why they needed to burn that bridge.

Also he seems like he might be a criminal maybe?

I'm not sure what you're basing the "he might be a criminal" stuff on. There was that tweet of his of a cop car last year before he went silent on Twitter, but it's always difficult to know what's real and what's not with a gimmick like ZMF.

I'm not sure what you're basing the "he might be a criminal" stuff on. There was that tweet of his of a cop car last year before he went silent on Twitter, but it's always difficult to know what's real and what's not with a gimmick like ZMF.

Well whatever. He's still a pecker.

Zaph

ZM acting like a baby about being left out is exactly why they needed to burn that bridge.

Yeah, but GB seems to have a poor track record of communicating with contributors in their community.

Not the first time I've seen someone complain about being treated in a throwaway nature.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I love that Johnny V is still able to do dumb shit like that rap song, even in a higher position at Disney :) Great way to end the year!
Definitely a remarkable thing! Also, it's his birthday today.

edit: Awful new avatar, great stuff!

I'm happy he's gone.

Myggen

Yeah, but GB seems to have a poor track record of communicating with contributors in their community.

Not the first time I've seen someone complain about being treated in a throwaway nature.

There's not been many examples of that though. I remember a couple through the years, not much more. Also, it seems like ZMF got a reason from Alex, just not a reason he believed in.

Originally was posting this in the GOTY thread but I think it belongs here:

Even Brad's top 10 was a cop out. DOTA 2? Isn't this top ten games of 2014? Didn't DOTA 2 come out like three years ago?

I sure hope Brad plays games other than Destiny and DOTA 2 in 2015. The content on the site this year from him was terrible. I can't help but think him taking over bombcast hosting duties made the bombcast worse because he tries way too hard to make it "edgy" or whatever rather than letting it be naturally funny and off topic. Combine this with a total lack of any premium content not named Destiny or DOTA this year and the dude seems to be just treading water.

Originally was posting this in the GOTY thread but I think it belongs here:

Even Brad's top 10 was a cop out. DOTA 2? Isn't this top ten games of 2014? Didn't DOTA 2 come out like three years ago?

I sure hope Brad plays games other than Destiny and DOTA 2 in 2015. The content on the site this year from him was terrible. I can't help but think him taking over bombcast hosting duties made the bombcast worse because he tries way too hard to make it "edgy" or whatever rather than letting it be naturally funny and off topic. Combine this with a total lack of any premium content not named Destiny or DOTA this year and the dude seems to be just treading water.

You're treading water.

Myggen

"Edgy"?

People should be used to Brad on the GOTY podcast by now, but still there's a Brad backlash every year around this time. It's just people arguing over video games. Some Breaking Brad next year would be great, but Brad playing lots and lots of Dota doesn't bother me.

danm999

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom