• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

I think it's just that to describe Brad as trying to make the Bombcast "edgy" is a totally bizarre description.

I agree with you I'd like to see him in some more premium content this year though.

Maybe he's referring to picking some of the more "disgusting" emails but I always liked them. I really hope we get a Brad and Jeff series this year or Jeff in any premium content besides Jar Time that isn't with the whole group.

I was referring more to his repeated insistence on reading emails asking Dan about basic things/stupid things he has done. Those combined with the what do the bombcast people look like. Both seemed forced attempts at getting to that edginess. Bad word, but I can't think of any better.

danm999

Maybe he's referring to picking some of the more "disgusting" emails but I always liked them. I really hope we get a Brad and Jeff series this year or Jeff in any premium content besides Jar Time that isn't with the whole group.

I mean, that stuff all seemed par for the course for me. The Bombcast wasn't exactly G rated under Ryan.

I was referring more to his repeated insistence on reading emails asking Dan about basic things/stupid things he has done. Those combined with the what do the bombcast people look like. Both seemed forced attempts at getting to that edginess. Bad word, but I can't think of any better.

Ok, I see what you mean. Yeah, sometimes those bits might have gotten play a little longer than they should have, that's a fair criticism, but I generally think Bradcasts have been a breath of fresh air.

This seems like a complaint similar to hating when they go off topic in general...

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
for mgs3, they should up the episode count to 3 a week. You know it makes sense.

Fox318

I don't see why anyone is on Brads case for liking Destiny and wanting it on the top 10.

Jazzpunk and threes should not have been as high as they were.

I don't see why anyone is on Brads case for liking Destiny and wanting it on the top 10.

I think it's just a product of how they focus down to the 10 games. They end up worrying too much about getting games off the list rather than justifying why games NEED to be in the top ten. I would have rather they did that more when they were going through and looking for shoe-ins.

Bacon

It's mostly because of Brad's insane way of getting Destiny on the list. Also threes wasn't on the list at all.

danm999

I think it's just a product of how they focus down to the 10 games. They end up worrying too much about getting games off the list rather than justifying why games NEED to be in the top ten. I would have rather they did that more when they were going through and looking for shoe-ins.

Yeah this was something I was mulling over this year. Since it's a zero sum game, the best way to make an argument for something to get on/stay on the list is often to bring up flaws in something else.

Chuck

Still without luck
"I played this shitty game for like 60 hours and that must mean something!"

You played a shitty game for way too long

Renpatsu

Next podcast is Jan 6 presumably. At least that's what I'm working towards.

Hopefully the Alex & Vinny Podcast starts soon
Someone is going to have to start making a thread for those too so Giant Bomb can continue posthumously monopolising the Gaming section after Community.

Zaph

Hopefully the Alex & Vinny Podcast starts soon
If the new hire is happening sooner rather than later (within Q1), I hope they wait and begin the podcast as a trio rather than getting settled then having a new person join them. Not a fan of two people podcasts as it is, and those guys really need a third person to bounce off if (especially as Alex isn't a natural host).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom