• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nbco8kHnAu1rvo0tro1_500.gif

tumblr_ng67crHLyk1qzopezo4_400.gif

tumblr_ng67crHLyk1qzopezo5_500.gif

2699180-marioparty2_gb.gif

Bacon

Yeah... It might be time to close up the Patrick thread. It has long since moved on from commemorating Patrick and wishing him well (not that criticism of patrick is out of line, but it's moved past that as well)

tchocky

Since Alt F1 is not coming back in 2015 and Drew and Danny want to do another podcast about exploring something new I think it would be good if they did a soccer podcast for the Champions League knockout stages. Games are about every two weeks like F1 and Drew watched the World Cup final and it only runs from February to May.

If they want to get Dan involved with their next podcast I think they could try a monthly anime podcast maybe work through an anime tv series throughout the year and do a different anime movie each month. I would love to hear Dans thoughts about Ghost In The Shell and Paprika.

Fjordson

Also, goodness that Patrick leaving thread turned nasty. People get really insulting and personal when they don't like something.
So bizarre to me.

Internet's been around a long time so I need to stop being surprised about what gets hit by its shitty cynicism and inflated anger, but damn.

Also, goodness that Patrick leaving thread turned nasty. People get really insulting and personal when they don't like something.

yeah I had to jump ship last night when it turned into a round-robin of people bashing every person at GB in turn. I'm not entirely sure why either. You don't like a thing? go find something you do like and spend your energy there instead.

Xeteh

yeah I had to jump ship last night when it turned into a round-robin of people bashing every person at GB in turn. I'm not entirely sure why either. You don't like a thing? go find something you do like and spend your energy there instead.

What is the fun in not liking something when you can't beat it in to the heads of the people that do?!

Yeah, that thread is pure vitriol right now. I sincerely don't understand people.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
What is the fun in not liking something when you can't beat it in to the heads of the people that do?!

Yeah, that thread is pure vitriol right now. I sincerely don't understand people.

The best part was that dude flat out rejecting a woman for giant bomb, all because the GB audience was mostly all male. I wonder if things would get nasty if GB hires a lady.

Xeteh

The best part was that dude flat out rejecting a woman for giant bomb, all because the GB audience was mostly all male. I wonder if things would get nasty if GB hires a lady.

I feel for Jeff because whatever choice he makes is going to be wrong in the eyes of someone.

SmithnCo

I'm sure here would be a miniature shitstorm either way then when people realize the new hire is awesome they stop caring.

I feel for Jeff because whatever choice he makes is going to be wrong in the eyes of someone.

among the many reasons why Cara would be an amazing hire would be for the reactions of people feeling threatened by the presence of a sex-positive woman with dayglo hair.

AngryMoth

Since Alt F1 is not coming back in 2015 and Drew and Danny want to do another podcast about exploring something new I think it would be good if they did a soccer podcast for the Champions League knockout stages. Games are about every two weeks like F1 and Drew watched the World Cup final and it only runs from February to May.
I would love this. How'd they hande what to watch, one game together and highlights of the rest? Danny is an Arsenal fan I believe which would make it funny.

Bacon

Crazy the amount of change Giantbomb has gone through since Summer of 2013. Too many to even list off the top of my head.

justjim89

Man, I kinda enjoyed the Jazzpunk QL when they did it, but actually sitting down and playing it I simply don't see why some of the guys regard this so highly. The whole game is just built on the silly non sequiturs instead of solid gameplay mechanics. If you like the jokes, more power to you. But the underlying game beneath the style and attempt at humor is barely present.

I'm adding "This game is the Citizen Kane of ripped, naked big-dicked dudes in love." to my Top 10 Sentences of 2014 awards list that I totally just made up and don't have other entries for.

tchocky

I would love this. How'd they hande what to watch, one game together and highlights of the rest? Danny is an Arsenal fan I believe which would make it funny.

Well their will be a game on tuesdays and wednesdays with two games per day and looking at the fixtures Chelsea - Paris St Germain looks the best match on Feb 17th and Real Madrid - Schalke on the Wednesday. Danny could probably just pick the most interesting match for the first leg and for the second go by the closest score.or the opposite match of what they picked for the first then just watch highlights of the other match or matches if they don't want to watch two a week.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All hail Dan. I was pretty down on GB after Vinny left, but Dan was a great addition to the site. More on location videos, please.

John Drake and the duders visiting the real Barkersville needs to happen still. I think it will be a great year for GB. PAX south in January!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom