• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

He means after, which is kind of true. XCOM barely got any talk in 2013, IIRC, the expansion didn't even get a QL because they thought it "didn't add much" (which is... questionable), and Patrick actually pointed out how he was seemingly the only one to be more open to turn based strategy games afterwards (the context being nobody else in early 2013 being interested in Fire Emblem but him).

EDIT: nvm, there was a QL! I can't remember why I thought there wasn't. They seemed lukewarm or disinterested in it and my brain exaggerated that I guess. Whoops.

XCOM was my favorite game of that year and one of my favorite of the generation as well, and I also didn't bother with the expansion. Playing through that game on classic ironman was such a fucking ordeal that I can't imagine ever doing it again, but at the same time I would never play the game any other way since they harsh nature of that mode is what really made me love the game. A lot of the stuff in Enemy Within sounds cool and that Long War mod sounds even better, but I can't see myself giving it another go for a couple more years.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
odl
2OAhSg5.jpg

I hate that I'm part of the 0.00000000000000001% of the world who finds this funny.

Brad will champion No Man's Sky for 2015 after it inevitably fails to meet up to everyone's expectations, but Brad still enjoyed it so it has to be represented

2016 will probably be Destiny 2 and Brad making justifications for why it's okay for it to be just as bad as the first game.

Brad will champion No Man's Sky for 2015 after it inevitably fails to meet up to everyone's expectations, but Brad still enjoyed it so it has to be represented

2016 will probably be Destiny 2 and Brad making justifications for why it's okay for it to be just as bad as the first game.

It's not a definitive list, it's perfectly fair for it to have something on there for the sake of representing the staff's tastes.

Xeteh

Seriously, nerds.

It is 7:51 on the Best (also Giant Bomb's Official) coast. Still plenty of time before the real new year starts.

Lelcar

I can't believe Patrick left the show during the seventh season finale. Well, at least well see how the Dan and Jason characters develop in season eight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom