• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_n8yomzlQqA1qzopezo2_1280.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
so someone mentioned the goty runners up actually being the best games of the year for GB

2008 MGS4
2009 Batman
2010 Red Dead
2011 Saints Row 3
2012 I can't remember of google well enough to figure it out. (good job GB naming everything the same every year)
2013 LttP 2
2014 Bayo 2

Obviously I don't agree with this sentiment because MGS 4 is a piece of shit.

so someone mentioned the goty runners up actually being the best games of the year for GB

2008 MGS4
2009 Batman
2010 Red Dead
2011 Saints Row 3
2012 I can't remember of google well enough to figure it out. (good job GB naming everything the same every year)
2013 LttP 2
2014 Bayo 2

Obviously I don't agree with this sentiment because MGS 4 is a piece of shit.

Was it Bioshock Infinite that got 2012, or The Last of Us?

FluxWaveZ

Was it Bioshock Infinite that got 2012, or The Last of Us?

Those were both released in 2013.

Giant Bomb's #2 for 2012 was... something. Surprisingly hard to find; trying to listen to the deliberations to find out. Alright, I'm pretty sure it was The Walking Dead.

Haha, "it was a weird fucking year for games" Jeff says, as everyone else agrees. I wonder...

Those were both released in 2013.

Giant Bomb's #2 for 2012 was... something. Surprisingly hard to find; trying to listen to the deliberations to find out. Alright, I'm pretty sure it was The Walking Dead.

Haha, "it was a weird fucking year for games" Jeff says, as everyone else agrees. I wonder...

last of us was last year. winner in 2012 was xcom but don't know what the runner up was

Ahh that's right, got my years mixed up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jaffe's latest salty outburst posted?

Assuming he won't be on the E3 podcasts this year.

He's just doing it in a "character" because the game he's making is immature by design. Intentionally and not at all as a byproduct of just him being David Jaffe.

Corgi

Banned
he says he's still gonna be involved with games journalism hmmm. not sure where else people are hiring, and where he'd get more freedom to do his own thing than giantbomb... hmmmm...

USGamer?

Said it before, but I doubt he's working directly under Max Temkin. I don't see why CAH would put money into games journalism. (Especially when Max has published games previously, not exactly the best look to then run gaming editorial.)

Megasoum

Banned
he says he's still gonna be involved with games journalism hmmm. not sure where else people are hiring, and where he'd get more freedom to do his own thing than giantbomb... hmmmm...

USGamer?

Polygon? lol

Or to Kotaku with his old mentor Totilo... Also Jason Schreier got a promotion last week which I guess frees up a spot...

Corgi

Banned
didn't polygon fall back from doing long feature pieces because they weren't generating clicks?

Shame. You hate the kotaku model, but it really is the only way to stay in business these days

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I have to wonder what Patrick will be capable of doing at his new job that presumably wasn't the case at GB, so I'm intrigued.

Chicago Tribune would be my only guess. He's stated before that the only place he wanted to work in games was Giant Bomb. My immediate thought was either that he was transitioning to non-gaming journalism or that he got hired to cover media (games, movies, other entertainment) at a well-known media outlet like the Tribune.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Scam Citizen
B6SDaKACcAA6Aj5.jpg

I read that one dude gave like 20 thousand dollars to that game and ended selling his house or something like that, it's probably a lie but with all the money they have raised so far it makes seem legit. I still can't believe star citizen has raised so much money, part of me believes it's a money laundering operation for the Irish mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom