• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Is there a post anywhere collecting GIFs from the GOTY videos? I didn't keep up with that thread because I wanted to listen to all the podcasts first.

Myggen

Is there a post anywhere collecting GIFs from the GOTY videos? I didn't keep up with that thread because I wanted to listen to all the podcasts first.

Not that I've seen, no. But here's the best Brad gif from an earlier video:

JHaFx2Z.gif

Good (late) morning, everyone. Can we just start the weekend now?

The weekend is already here!

popo

Why do so many VG writers self embargo? It seems they do it more than just about any other profession - excepting maybe sports stars. Always seems to be "I can't say where I am going yet". I doubt the companies care and once the new contracts are signed it does seem a little coy.

The Dan and Jason thing was played for laughs - but even then I think they realise they took it a bit far with all the trolling.

Watching the video of them signing the posters last year and they mention the last time they did it some of them had penises on them. Made me think of what Dan would do if they tried that again.

Myggen

Why do so many VG writers self embargo? It seems they do it more than just about any other profession - excepting maybe sports stars. Always seems to be "I can't say where I am going yet". I doubt the companies care and once the new contracts are signed it does seem a little coy.

The Dan and Jason thing was played for laughs - but even then I think they realise they took it a bit far with all the trolling.

Well, it's impossible to know what's behind Patrick's self embargo on this. From Tumblr:

Not an embargo. Just a matter of respect for various reasons.

It’s pretty boring, honestly.

Megasoum

Banned

It's not really an embargo. It's just a question of syncing annoucements between all parties involved. This happens in every professions, not just gaming press.

Often (and I doubt that's the case here), they do that to avoid somebody announcing his/her new position before the previous person doing that job learning he/she doesn't have a job anymore.

popo

It's not really an embargo. It's just a question of syncing annoucements between all parties involved. This happens in every professions, not just gaming press.

Often (and I doubt that's the case here), they do that to avoid somebody announcing his/her new position before the previous person doing that job learning he/she doesn't have a job anymore.

I dunno, just seems worse. I remember when Jeff Green was all hush hush for like 6 months on his new gig and it turned out to be a consultancy that nobody gave two shits about. That is if some big mouth doesn't leak it on twitter anyway. My experiences are more like when Alexis left and said he was going to Twitch a few days after.

Megasoum

Banned
I dunno, just seems worse. I remember when Jeff Green was all hush hush for like 6 months on his new gig and it turned out to be a consultancy that nobody gave two shits about. That is if some big mouth doesn't leak it on twitter anyway. My experiences are more like when Alexis left and said he was going to Twitch a few days after.

Well... Patrick announced that he left and then said he was going to ??? a frew days after lol

Megasoum

Banned
Yep, makes sense he's reuniting with Totilo.

Wasn't Shrier their news guy though? Or did he do something else?

He was promoted to head news guy (whatever the actual title is) earlier this week which is why I called it earlier. I guess Patrick is taking Jason's old job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom