• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

ibwvseN86qLxlL.gif
I love everything that is happening here.

Frenden

Banned
No new content for a week and we devolve into a madhouse, haha.

The losses/changes in 2014 would have sucked if it wasn't for the addition of Dan.

I knew I was going to like Dan after finishing Airforce Gator. It's so absurd. One of my favorite books in recent memory.

Corgi

Banned
TV died can't play mgs3. Time to actually try this transfarring thing with my vita.

Shame that term never caught on. So dumb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jason's been my favorite addition ever. He never came off as overly familiar, he had a great Extra Life stream, he's not on camera much but when he is he's usually really entertaining, and I think he does bring that variety in games that a lot of people think GB doesn't do.

And he had the biggest boots in all of GB to fill. Vinny's. And I don't think I've ever seen the community say a single bad thing about the guy. He also likes PSO.

Bacon

I know I've mentioned this before but man the ryan/vinny/jeff/patrick/brad version of giantbomb is a tough mix to beat. Not sure it will ever be topped.

Jothel

I know I've mentioned this before but man the ryan/vinny/jeff/patrick/brad version of giantbomb is a tough mix to beat. Not sure it will ever be topped.

I guess things are a little bit too different now. I was thinking the mix now couldn't be as good but stuff like Mario Party and MGScanlon pretty quickly made me appreciate the new team.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah that mix was pretty awesome, i think it lasted for a couple of years and it was so good to listen to but things...change. I'm sure we will see more changes to the crew of Giant bomb, things just change overtime.

Anjin M

I finally reached a point, after Dan and Jason were hired, where I'm looking forward to change at Giant Bomb instead of dreading it. This is going to be exciting.

Bacon

I guess things are a little bit too different now. I was thinking the mix now couldn't be as good but stuff like Mario Party and MGScanlon pretty quickly made me appreciate the new team.

Yeah that mix was pretty awesome, i think it lasted for a couple of years and it was so good to listen to but things...change. I'm sure we will see more changes to the crew of Giant bomb, things just change overtime.

Yeah I mean I'm not against the changes we've gone through... I mean metal gear scanlon has been phenomenal. Changes aren't always a bad thing, but it's just different.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No offense to Patrick, but basement GB is always best GB.

That's when they were them rapscallions and had more access to Snider.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I mean I'm not against the changes we've gone through... I mean metal gear scanlon has been phenomenal. Changes aren't always a bad thing, but it's just different.

I completely agree with you i was just thinking out loud about the inevitability of change.

Okay I just played through The Fall and I'm not sure why it was given best story. It was a mediocre sci fi short story found in a 70s playboy wrapped up in a not that great point and click adventure with bad shooting parts.

rObit

Banned
I finally reached a point, after Dan and Jason were hired, where I'm looking forward to change at Giant Bomb instead of dreading it. This is going to be exciting.

Yeah....now that you mention it, same here. I think for me it was when Vinny moved back east. I think that was my most dreaded moment and now that it's happened I'm just enjoying what we've got and looking forward to whatever's next.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah....now that you mention it, same here. I think for me it was when Vinny moved back east. I think that was my most dreaded moment and now that it's happened I'm just enjoying what we've got and looking forward to whatever's next.

I was skeptical that the site would maintain itself after Vinny's move. But the addition of Dan and Jason changed that. Alex and Vinny's GBEast is super solid, too.

If anything, Patrick's content is what I read or watched least, so adding another body to GBEast is probably a bigger boon than Patrick's leaving is a loss to me. Not overall and not for everyone, but for my viewing habits, yes, that's the case.

I was skeptical that the site would maintain itself after Vinny's move. But the addition of Dan and Jason changed that. Alex and Vinny's GBEast is super solid, too.

If anything, Patrick's content is what I read or watched least, so adding another body to GBEast is probably a bigger boon than Patrick's leaving is a loss to me. Not overall and not for everyone, but for my viewing habits, yes, that's the case.

Bombin the AM is the only real loss for me. I need those pods to get me through the work week. But on paper a Vinny/Alex pod should blow that out of the water.

I'm the opposite to most of you I guess. I think Vinny is completely wasted stuck in New York with Alex and while Dan can be entertaining at times, I still find him annoying.

Frenden

Banned
Bombin the AM is the only real loss for me. I need those pods to get me through the work week. But on paper a Vinny/Alex pod should blow that out of the water.

True and true.

I'm the opposite to most of you I guess. I think Vinny is completely wasted stuck in New York with Alex and while Dan can be entertaining at times, I still find him annoying.

Alex and Vinny complement each other well, to me. I've really enjoyed their videos. I've liked Dan from moment one.

danm999

When Vinny moved back east I was kind of worried too.

But since then, Dan and Jason were hired and that's gone really well.

And Vinny and Alex are putting out some top notch content. Most of my favourite Quick Looks for last year have been from them. And now that they're building/built a new studio, and are hiring someone for the office with them...

2015 is looking pretty bright methinks.

I agree, and it's not like Patrick is going away. His content for Kotaku will be there and he's apparently going to continue making videos.

Thinking about getting Valiant Hearts because of them talking about it on the GOTY podcasts.

I was half expecting that game to be some light hearted Dads Army thing but hearing its actually super serious and that Ubisoft Montpellier was the developer has me interested.

Its like 5 bucks on EU PSN right now so I guess i cant go wrong.

It is a heavy game. A very good and heavy game. It's definitely like playing one of those old documentarys.

Myomoto

Wow what? I've been pretty busy the last couple of months so I'm generally out of the loop, but why the hell would Patrick leave GB to go to kotaku of all places? Are CBS cutting him off because he's stuck in bumfuck nowhere compared to the rest of the crew?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wow what? I've been pretty busy the last couple of months so I'm generally out of the loop, but why the hell would Patrick leave GB to go to kotaku of all places? Are CBS cutting him off because he's stuck in bumfuck nowhere compared to the rest of the crew?

He said he wanted a new challenge, is convinced Kotaku have made positive changes in how they cover games, and there was no bad blood between him and CBSi; CBSi actually tried their best to keep him with the company.

Myomoto

He said he wanted a new challenge, is convinced Kotaku have made positive changes in how they cover games, and there was no bad blood between him and CBSi; CBSi actually tried their best to keep him with the company.

Of course he WOULD say that. Follow the money!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think overall this might actually be a good change for everybody. Patrick gets to write for a site more focused on written content then GB and "we" get a third guy/gal for Vinny and Alex.
To conclude: I'm gonna cancel my subscription if there isn't a podcast with Vinny in 2015, thank you very much.

Am I the only one to think that the Giant Bomb crew was there to stay ? I never thought about someone going elsewhere. Giant Bomb never seemed like a temporary fix to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom