• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Am I the only one to think that the Giant Bomb crew was there to stay ? I never thought about someone going elsewhere. Giant Bomb never seemed like a temporary fix to me.

Depends. I came to GB from 1up - which was essentially a training program for Community Managers - so got used to people leaving. I think, even for it's size, GB is pretty unusual. All other sites see a decent level of turnover. Also, if you are at all personally ambitious, there isn't a great deal of scope for promotion at a site like GB.

hamchan

Am I the only one to think that the Giant Bomb crew was there to stay ? I never thought about someone going elsewhere. Giant Bomb never seemed like a temporary fix to me.

Nah. It always seemed liked one of the best jobs you could get in the industry, so the notion of anyone leaving never occured to me.

Though only 1 person on the main staff leaving in 6 years is pretty fantastic turnover.

No you are not alone. GB, unlike any other site on the Internet, felt like a family. So seeing patrick leaving initially felts like he was leaving his family. But like all families, you have to let people go on their own, so I am happy for Patrick.

Just watched the Police. Crime. Action Quick Look last night as I was reminded of it by their worst game talk. Somehow Vinny manages to find more ridiculous situations in 30 minutes of gameplay than I would in 30 hours.
I loved watching him play Shadow of Mordor in the final GOTY video. I had to re-watch a few of the Sleeping Dogs ones after.

Alucrid

Banned
2578723-patrick_dog.gif

I have falling down a very weird internet hole and I cant get out!!!!

so why is alex "the wolf" again?

Balb

No you are not alone. GB, unlike any other site on the Internet, felt like a family. So seeing patrick leaving initially felts like he was leaving his family. But like all families, you have to let people go on their own, so I am happy for Patrick.

If he had access to the other guys on a daily basis like he used to he definitely would have stayed.

Wonder if any of the guys will watch some of Awesome Games Done Quick next week. They're the ones who got me into it watching the Castlevania run on a stream.

Myggen

Wonder if any of the guys will watch some of Awesome Games Done Quick next week. They're the ones who got me into it watching the Castlevania run on a stream.

I'm sure they'll put it in the GB chat at least. AGDQ is always a good time, I've been watching way too many of last year's runs on YT the last couple of days.

Myggen

From Jeff's Tumblr, not much new there but whatever:

pinkcrayon32 asked:Are you thinking about filling the editorial (written) void left by Patrick, or just planning to focus on video content and/or adding another member to GBeast?

We’ve been hiring since, like, a day or two after Patrick gave notice. We’re looking for an experienced, news-focused person to work out of our New York office.

Chuck

Still without luck
Would it be cool if they just announced a new hire on Monday.

Then we wouldn't be able to weekend-thread for the next several months.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Remember Vinnyvania (or what should have been called Castlevinnia)? After that first video from Simon's Quest being stellar I've been dying to see the continuation.

Remember Vinnyvania (or what should have been called Castlevinnia)? After that first video from Simon's Quest being stellar I've been dying to see the continuation.

Vinny is just getting used to the new office.
For reals

I wonder what we get first. Vinnyvania or Demo Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom