• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

GivingAdventurousJuliabutterfly.gif

Site's down looks like

That forum post broke the site.

Frenden

Banned
Site's down looks like

That post took it down. Killed it from the inside.

If you missed it, someone said they fell in love with Dan at Game Informer and felt betrayed when he went to Giant Bomb. In a very dramatic, creepy way. (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There was a dude at Gamespot who would beat Mike Tyson every year... he even did a video series of it once. I think his name was Aaron? This was during or around the Gerstmann era of GS anyway.

Nishastra

Banned
Being a fan of Replay, Dan's chemistry with the guys at GI was great to be sure, but I think he's amazing at GB too. I mean c'mon, Metal Gear Scanlon, Mario Party and Demo Derby are all gold.
Dan, Tim, Jeff Cork, and Reiner (honorable mention Matt Helgeson) were a great team.

Losing Dan was definitely a blow to GI, but honestly anything headed by Tim is worth watching anyway. The new Raw Danger Super Replay is looking to be great :p

Cranzor

I had a dream last night that Cara Ellison got hired. Jeff confirmed it on a Jar Time. She joked about it a bunch on her twitter when everyone found out.

Myggen

Haha look at this person being weird about Giantbomb. Anyway...

Which duder would you want as that cousin you see every few years at a family gatherings and have weird feelings about?

Jeff.

That dude is being more weird about GI than GB, really.

Which duder would you want as that cousin you see every few years at a family gatherings and have weird feelings about?

The answer is Drew, the answer is always Drew.

The Fridge,

I have complicated feelings towards it.

Oh yeah, I guess I should say who won the Duder of the Year vote: Dan Ryckert, with 28% of the vote. Runners up were Fridge-kun with 21%, Mary Kish with 11%, Drew Scanlon with 9% and Jeff Gerstmann with 7%.

Alex and Patrick both got no votes. You fuckers.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, I guess I should say who won the Duder of the Year vote: Dan Ryckert, with 28% of the vote. Runners up were Fridge-kun with 21%, Mary Kish with 11%, Drew Scanlon with 9% and Jeff Gerstmann with 7%.

Alex and Patrick both got no votes. You fuckers.
bob1950 probably voted 700 times.

Coonce

The answer is Drew, the answer is always Drew.

probably Brad, during thanksgiving I can see him sitting with the kids and telling them about Dota, and I wouldn't be able to relate because I hate mobas

is that weird

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Alex used to be borderline unbearable but he's really improved a lot over the last couple of years. I really enjoyed his contributions to the GOTY casts.

Ketch

Patrick is gone but Alex remains, we must join together brothers and sisters and form the 'Alex is secretly the best Duder society' known informally as The Wolfpac

Well, before bombin the AM started I sent Alex a PM about how I liked one of his articles at the time and hoped to see him in more content on the site. Do I pass the secret wolfpac illuminati indoctrination?

and you're welcome everybody.

Bacon

When vinny completely loses it laughing its the best. His laugh in random pc game: Outcast is the one I'm thinking of.

Alfredo

Remember that time Patrick had lunch with Cosmo (the speedrunner)? And Patrick also said he was working on a piece on competitive Smash Bros.

Now all that stuff is probably going to go to Kotaku. :(

I hope some of the GB crew catches some AGDQ next week. I like hearing them react to crazy speed run strategies. There's this Game Informer video in which Dan has his mind blown at Super Metroid speedrunning...and they talked about Chameleon Twist speedruns that one time on the Bombcast... that was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom